Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

paul_soccer10 posted:

Counterpoint: the IDF

I’ve always found it weird that there’s a lot of young Jewish American men who get a massive rager at the thought of going over Israel to join the IDF, like our government isn’t hard enough on poor middle easterns or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

WampaLord posted:

Speaking as a Jew, I saw this happen to one of the friends I went to Hebrew School with. I think a lot of it comes down to propaganda being blasted at you all the time, like in Hebrew School we only learned about Poor Plucky Liddle Israel getting warred on by all its mean neighbors and whatnot. Plus you have things like Birthright Israel where they give free trips to Jewish kids (including a free dose of even more propaganda, I'm sure).

I'm also a jew but a pretty lovely one. I've never been to Israel and I have no family there except a 4th cousin I met once when as a teenager and barely put it above the any other US friendly country in the world when it comes to foreign policy.

My wife went on birthright about 10 years (we were not married yet, just dating), I did not. It's some real indoctrination poo poo, but it's a free vacation so I don't blame anyone for taking it. The other side effect of it is they really want you to gently caress to the point of giving out condoms among a group of strangers that just met and going "now be safe kids! wink wink"

That being said, if I had a hankering to go shoot at middle-easterns in the name of imperalism, I'll join the good ol' US of A's army before the IDF.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
The other day I learned from one of my sons books that a group of chimpanzees is called a troop.

This has no relevance to “our Troops” I just thought it would be a fun fact To share.

• Locked thread