Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Turin Turambar posted:

La Ryleh:
They have a new Ascension mechanics: Anything without void sanity, which is at least 25% insane, can transform into ethereal stealthy void beings, that deal magic false damage. Mages can lose non-astral/glamour paths, and can gain glamour. They also lose upkeep and the need to eat.

Vtubing has been implemented to Dom6...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

speaking of modnations, what does the introduction of glamour mean for clowns.dm?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
modnation of mythological holiday based creatures like santa claus and the easter bunny and mothman where the gimmick is they're all that fake damage stuff cause u gotta believe

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Turin Turambar posted:

- False Damage (from Glamour magic and the attacks of illusion units) bypasses Damage reversal and Blood bond and isn't healed by Regeneration.

Is false damage countered by false regeneration?

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Flase enlargen - cast it on a bunch of peasants to make a large block of HP for enemy mages to shoot at.

ExiledTinkerer
Nov 4, 2009
A noble spirit embiggens the falsest of damages~

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Hannibal Rex posted:

Is false damage countered by false regeneration?

yes

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
Two kids playing pretend arguing about whether or not they died, except losing the argument actually kills you.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Boksi posted:

Two kids playing pretend arguing about whether or not they died, except losing the argument actually kills you.

I hope bard-like units have G paths so they can have rap battles that kill each other, a la Malazan Book of the Fallen.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

https://cdn.cloudflare.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256988489/movie_max_vp9.webm?t=1702405429

Does this work? I think so!

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
Nidavangr? More norse factions?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Boksi posted:

Nidavangr? More norse factions?

I thought the same. What was the remaining mystery nation? ... Another Norse one! lol

Well, the trailer is appropriately epic.

I thought EA Pyrene looks interesting, lots of different 'small size' giants

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I hope we get new Thrones of Ascension. At the very least, some Glamour-connected ones.

Very cool video, thanks for posting. The new nation tidbits look nice. The + scales limit thing is something to get used too. Mount items were long overdue.

There seem to be a ton of small changed and additions that look really interesting. I can't wait to play the game.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
In case you see certain... weird stuff, that's because Lucid was apparently using the debug mod while making the trailer.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

there are some new thrones ya

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
False damage bypassing a lot of defensive tools seems incredibly dangerous if you can go all-in on it
An earthquake equivalent that deals false damage could rip through blood vengeance blessed jaguars without immediately exploding the caster, and the drawback of false damage isn’t a big concern if you use nothing but false damage anyways

Oh god the elf nations are going to be even more horrible to fight now aren’t they

q_k
Dec 31, 2007

the Orb of Zot posted:

Oh god the elf nations are going to be even more horrible to fight now aren’t they

Dom 6: Gaslighting your way to victory

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

the Orb of Zot posted:

False damage bypassing a lot of defensive tools seems incredibly dangerous if you can go all-in on it
An earthquake equivalent that deals false damage could rip through blood vengeance blessed jaguars without immediately exploding the caster, and the drawback of false damage isn’t a big concern if you use nothing but false damage anyways

this already existed in dom4 and 5 its called wind of death

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

q_k posted:

Well that was always true, only now it's an ingame mechanic as well as the meta.

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

q_k posted:

IMO this one is best so far, it works on multiple levels.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

q_k posted:

:perfect:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

the Orb of Zot posted:

Caelumite nations also got a hard buff by all those weird air summons like ghost wolves being moved to Glamour

More than once did I see Caelum mages going off-script and then immediately switching away from all their good spells to endless ghost wolf spam.

That's now an Elf-problem, if the weighting of the summon-spells hasn't changed. :v:

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Libluini posted:

Caelumite nations also got a hard buff by all those weird air summons like ghost wolves being moved to Glamour

More than once did I see Caelum mages going off-script and then immediately switching away from all their good spells to endless ghost wolf spam.

That was my first thought too, but supposedly they added some new trash tier air spells to compensate, and also air eles got nerfed hard (probably deserved), which made air a worse path.

IthilionTheBrave
Sep 5, 2013
I will admit I'm interested to see which nations keep Air, which switch to Glamor, and which ones may get a mix of both. It'll really shake up how those nations have traditionally played, so I'm excited to play with it.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Libluini posted:

There's a new Summon Hawk spell for battle summon spam. Wrap it up, airlures :smug:

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Of course it is like this. The devs must really hate Caelum :(

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

-Magic site frequency has increased in 5, now it’s 65/55/45 for EA/MA/LA.
-Because some remote attacks can be watched as battles (ie, Flames from the Sky, but not Murdering Winter), these remote attacks allow for some magic to be casted defensively (Divine Blessing too).
-Soulless have pierce resistance.
-Temporary blood gems for Slayer Sanguine
-Troll courts can now have glamour magic as well
-Dreams of the Awakening God. Thau 9, global G8, 90 gems. 85% of getting one dominion spread in provinces with no friendly dominion.
-Flaming Arrows spell that affects the entire BF is moved to Ench 7, it’s now called Hail of Burning Embers, F4, 2 gems, there is a lesser version that is normal AoE 20+, Ench 5, F3, 1 gem, and and even lesser version called Ignite Arrows: Ench 2, F2, AoE 1, fatigue 20.
-Twiceborn is 10D gems for size 3, +/- 3 gems for size.
- “+pen” stuff will now affect battle enchantments. Includes extra magic levels.
-One global that makes elemental magic worse and that includes smaller elementals. Earth/Astral.
-Wish gem farming doesn’t give astral pearls anymore, but glamour gems.
-Strength of Giants is E2 AoE 1, Ench 1.
Gift of Giant Strength is Ench 3, E2, AOE 3+.
Giant Strength Warriors is Ench 5, E3, AoE 20+, 1 gem.
-There are some events , activated once you have someone able to make artifacts (when you get to the appropiate Construction level I guess), where it says ‘x artifact yearns to be made’, and you get a discount to make it. They get frisky.
-There are four new Artifacts, orb of Elemental x, for the four elements. They empower elemental magic: They all give +1 to that element, 1 gem/month, +1 size to summoned elementals of that type and appropriate secondary abilities. The E orb is "heavy" and requires strength 16 to use, but it gives reinvigoration 2.
Nidavangr , a Norse Barbarian MA nation.
-Their cap only sacred have extra lives (local candles of the province they were recruited/2), but only prot 8 and 13 def. Once he spends all his lives, it’s over for him.

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

the holy poopacy posted:

There's a new Summon Hawk spell for battle summon spam. Wrap it up, airlures :smug:

Which path and level? Is it easier to avoid researching than ghost wolves?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Tuna-Fish posted:

Which path and level? Is it easier to avoid researching than ghost wolves?

It's in the previous page
-New spell, A1 summon hawk spell, 20 fatigue.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Libluini posted:

Of course it is like this. The devs must really hate Caelum :(

they are right to do so

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Turin Turambar posted:

It's in the previous page
-New spell, A1 summon hawk spell, 20 fatigue.

Yes, but at what school and how far up? Is it avoidable while getting the good spells?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Title for the new thread?

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Turin Turambar posted:

He's right. Life came from death and will eventually return to it. :colbert:

Entropy reigns supreme (at least in our iteration of the universe).

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Turin Turambar posted:

Can we even get emoji in thread titles?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

iirc you can get so much life that you explode (die)

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
Oh I forgot to mention. While forts and mages cost more to adjust with the income increase, PD is still the same price so it IS easier to turtle a bit.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Turtling with PD is good, it allows for more glorious slaughter when you sweep across their provinces. :toot:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Decrepus posted:

iirc you can get so much life that you explode (die)

They're doing the old D&D Positive Energy Plane overcharge?

Fantastic :kheldragar:

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

Archenteron posted:

There's already a spell in Dominions 5 called "Stream of Life" which does this. I think it heals you a bunch but it heals you too much it kills the target, or something like that. It's kind of funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Archenteron posted:

I think they're vaguely recalling the N spell Stream of Life, which is an AoE 1 nature spell whose fluff is that you're trying to overload the bodies of your opponents. It's a fairly high death chance, but given if the death chance fails it HEALS the targets it's not super commonly used. Also still MR negates, so this isn't some fancy way of bypassing that defense.

Normal healing does not remotely carry any death risk.