Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Eriksen lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Lester please sort it out

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
https://twitter.com/WindyCOYS/status/935621206685908993

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS
lamela is...good?!?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Dumb as gently caress from Rojo, gifted Watford the penalty.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

At this rate Spurs are gonna be back in the Europa league next year

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
would have bet my house on Newcastle not getting back into this

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
For fucks sake, 3-0 is not supposed to be a dangerous scoreline.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Fucks sake hold on

Grimble
Jul 7, 2002

He will build a castle with garden on an island called Cheshire, and he is permitted to breed.
Thank gently caress for that, good goal.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Thank you Lingard

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

Great defending there. Ffs

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

United's defence is so loving poo poo.

Cart
Sep 28, 2004

They see me rollin...

Jesse Lingood. Brilliant goal

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Stream dropped for like 3 min and I missed two goals lol

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Phew

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Switching off like that can be pretty dangerous, also Watford isnt half bad.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Lukaku was very very bad today.

So was Matic, then he got injured.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Well that was a fun one to see live. Last time I got to go to Leicester/Spurs it was the 99 league cup final, with tonight’s a much better result. Wish leciester were a little better at keeping hold of the ball in midfield, Ndidi tried to be a bit too clever at times, but spurs are a pretty good pressing team after all. Rode their luck a bit but scored some great goals and saw it through. 7th place trophy here we come

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Der Shovel posted:

Dumb as gently caress from Rojo, gifted Watford the penalty.

If you look closely at the replay, he does get a toe on the ball but I can see why the ref gave it.

Lingard :allears:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ninpo posted:

If you look closely at the replay, he does get a toe on the ball but I can see why the ref gave it.

Lingard :allears:

Even if he gets the ball the referee is always giving that as a penalty. You only see that touch on the ball in a replay in slow motion from an angle the referee would never see.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Did you stop reading after the word "ball"?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ninpo posted:

Did you stop reading after the word "ball"?

No, I was agreeing with you, you don't have to be a defensive prick all the time bruv.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
after 4 losses in a row coming back not to lose was important

gregbest90
Sep 12, 2017

Weaponized Cum posted:

At this rate Spurs are gonna be back in the Europa league next year

Even as an Arsenal fan, I have to admit that Tottenham are much better than this. I wonder if its a mental thing because the talent is clearly there.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

gregbest90 posted:

Even as an Arsenal fan, I have to admit that Tottenham are much better than this. I wonder if its a mental thing because the talent is clearly there.

their best defender, who is also their best deep playmaker, is injured

gregbest90
Sep 12, 2017

RideTheSpiral posted:

their best defender, who is also their best deep playmaker, is injured

You have a point bud, Alders is crucial and makes poo poo happen; I still can't help but feel Tottenham can do better than THIS. I don't mean transcend or over-achieve, but come away with a better run of results than this given the overall quality of the side.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Maybe Tottenham's squad isn't quite deep enough to do well in both the CL and the League without a hitch. Sometimes this happens. They'll turn around pretty soon.

Plus, two of the losses were against Arsenal and Manchester United, so it's not like those losses were major upsets.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

gregbest90 posted:

You have a point bud, Alders is crucial and makes poo poo happen; I still can't help but feel Tottenham can do better than THIS. I don't mean transcend or over-achieve, but come away with a better run of results than this given the overall quality of the side.

Its also probably a bit of fluky finishing. Rondon basically miss hit the goal on the weekend (though the defending wasn't great), and both Vardy and Mahrez's goals were excellent finishes. Sometimes teams miss some of those chances.

It's not like Spurs aren't still creating chances over 90 minutes, they probably could have scored 3 or 4 yesterday if you factor in Dele and Sissoko both having clean chances on the goalkeeper in the first half, and Eriksen and Llorente both having good chances in the second half.

Most teams go through these things and then get by narrative. It's just hard to win leagues, especially when you have teams like City this year, that look fairly complete.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

I agree with the the stated points. It is a tough year with CL and all that, plus the injuries to Wanyama and Toby are serious hits as they are certain starters.

I also think Poch has been experimenting a bit (Sissoko over Son being a prime example) but he needs to wake up and play the best lineup every time.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Spurs loving suck and will never win anything,

Arsenal fan

elvie
Jan 17, 2009
Solanke starting up top for the Reds. Big chance for him, sorry Sturridge.

Salah and Couts on the bench

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

I am going to watch relegation 6 pointer Everton vs West Ham because I hate myself

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

That was quick

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
:getin:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Lacazette owns.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Ramsey with the conversion attempt... both flags up from the touch judges, it's good

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Ref gave a 'hand ball' despite not being able to see it and his lines man being on the far side of pitch based purely on player reaction. That's pretty poor tbh. Not that it'll matter since it was a nothing play but amuses me.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Streams have been almost as bad as swansea lately. Having to watch the twats on sky talk poo poo (in crystal clear streaming hd).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Ref didn't need to guess on that one, but failed to pay it anyway

• Locked thread