Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
So this may be the wrong thread, but I’m not sure where else to ask. My parents have a lot of old books. The house they are living in was bought 50+ years ago from a book collector and his wife. For unknown reasons, she was pissed at him when they moved out, and only let him bring one box of books to their new place. The rest have sat in my parent’s basement library until now. Sadly, a leak in the steam heating system led to many of them being destroyed. There are a few things left, and I would like to find good homes for them. There’s some neat things, like an 8 book collection on the history of Egypt from the mid 1800s, and set of old natural history books that have some hilariously wrong info in them (Did you know dolphins are thought to have poor hearing, as they have no ears?). My own house is full of books I don’t read, so they can’t come here. Nice editions of some of these are worth money, but I doubt that these copies are worth much. Is there any good place to donate them to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Domus
May 7, 2007

Kidney Buddies
Huh. Not only is Heinin’s is still a major grocery store in town, but at least two of those locations are still going 40 years later. What a weird blast from the past.

To those wondering why a frozen foods brand would own a strip club, Stouffer’s used to be a kind of fancy pants restaurant. They started selling frozen versions of their meals for people to take home, and it went from there.