Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Found cleaning out a file cabinet in the office:

Some boring covers:

Some have a wonderful scarfolk vibe though:

No u can't have Galbraith, he's MINE

Gonna save Galbraith, Australian cities, After the planners, Use & abuse of statistics and Vitruvius from the reaper, I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

This one is too good.

I agree:

A couple more if you want to imagine churchill puffing hitler into dust forever:

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

I was reminded of "Found" magazine when this fell out of a book on the Indonesian confrontation.

According to the online Cenotaph, 81018 was one Ernest Anderson of 229 Dominion Rd., Mt. Eden, Auckland, about 1km from where I picked up the book, who enlisted in 1942 and became a driver in the Army tank brigade.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Definitely a woman, IIRC the introduction explains how a woman giving advice to men on women may seem silly but it actually could be quite valid!! Published in 1920s or 30s I think.

Also the pics may not get across how small it is, not much larger than a book of matches.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Didn't expect this beauty of a technical drawing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

A few odd bits from clearing out my grandparent's house:

From the mid 50's, it's quite possible this was quietly handed over by the (CofE) church when they got married

Things moved on a bit:

Honestly, the advice is generally better than I would have thought from such a coyly named chapter. Lots of views that are commonly accepted now but weren't necessarily universal at the time and even some description of how things should go. God sticks to uniting souls and leaves the practical stuff to the adults. It's immoral to stay on birth control forever, though.

Just liked this guy on the cover:

From a scrap book that was entirely clippings about the royal family: