Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
That seems pretty mild for being waaay over the limit and threatening a bunch of kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I think I have found my new favourite website

quote:

EXCLUSIVE: He is the recently departed senior News Corp employee who referred to drug users as “iceheads” and once wrote that he was “sick to death of aggressive addicts”. But when True Crime News Weekly outed Centralian Advocate editor Corey Sinclair as an alleged “ice junkie” himself, the News Corp journalist lost all his abilities to talk tough and instead ran cowering behind the might of Rupert Murdoch’s multi-million dollar legal team alleging that he was the victim of defamation. Yet all the while Mr Sinclair was hiding a few secrets – including a recent drugs arrest in inner-city Sydney for the possession of crystal methamphetamine and liquid fantasy (GHB), and a bizarre and twisted alleged defecation incident this year which saw him irrationally making GBS threads on top of a hapless office worker’s desk.

https://truecrimenewsweekly.com/201...esk-defecation/

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

bandaid.friend posted:

ATM down the road was replaced with a touchscreen model and it's stuffed. First of all why would I want to be prodding at the display like an idiot. And of course it broke, and there's no fall back, the buttons on the side of the display don't do anything. I just want my money. It's a bloody outrage. How do I get dumbshit ATMs looked into in the inquiry?

And how the gently caress are blind people going to use a touchscreen with no haptic feedback?

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Ask me to withdraw their money for them.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I hope this rain drowns a church full of churchies just so I can see how they interpret it.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
Yeah the touch screen ATMs are crap. I find them difficult and finnicky to use. Always think I'm pressing the wrong thing.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Touch screen go card machines I always end up swapping to Vietnamese (I think)

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

I think I have found my new favourite website

It's not shy about coming after Joyce either.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

bandaid.friend posted:

A thousand dollars is eight hundred and sixty-nine hash browns

That's not much, only a hundred or so days worth of calories.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

bandaid.friend posted:

ATM down the road was replaced with a touchscreen model and it's stuffed. First of all why would I want to be prodding at the display like an idiot. And of course it broke, and there's no fall back, the buttons on the side of the display don't do anything. I just want my money. It's a bloody outrage. How do I get dumbshit ATMs looked into in the inquiry?

tape a fish to it

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Even one of those Japanese hotdog eating supermen would balk at that

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I want to know who told that loving potato headed piece of poo poo that he'd look better if he shaved off his eyebrows.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Hobo Erotica posted:

You're not in the SES are you

I'm retired now, but I used to do intel patrols in Iraq for which I got a Victoria Cross. Don't you dare question my service.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Gorilla Salad posted:

I want to know who told that loving potato headed piece of poo poo that he'd look better if he shaved off his eyebrows.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Not that it took some sort of superhuman power of deduction or foresight to predict the Libs would try to corrupt this RC but OF COURSE this loving walking sack of faeces is trying to get the royal commission to look into industry super funds <--> unions <--> Labor.

Edit: then again virtually every other brainfart of an idea they've rolled out has blown up in their face so there's probably no reason to be concerned

aejix fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Nov 30, 2017

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Morrison on the news this morning claiming a banking commission will raise bank fees and interest rates.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Anidav posted:

Morrison on the news this morning claiming a banking commission will raise bank fees and interest rates.

He’s probably right, but that’s not necessarily a reason not to go ahead.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
can't believe my rates are going to rise because of the liberal parties witch hunt

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-01/barilaro-calls-on-malcolm-turnbull-to-resign/9214134 posted:

Malcolm Turnbull should resign, says NSW Deputy Premier John Barilaro
By state political reporter Sarah Gerathy and Riley Stuart

Updated 5 minutes ago
NSW Nationals leader John Barilaro
Photo: John Barilaro said the Prime Minister was "completely out of touch". (AAP: Carol Cho)
Map: Australia

New South Wales Deputy Premier John Barilaro has called on Malcolm Turnbull to resign, describing the Prime Minister as "completely out of touch".

In an explosive interview on radio 2GB, Mr Barilaro questioned Mr Turnbull's leadership and said he had "lost all hope".

"Turnbull is the problem, the Prime Minister is the problem," he said.

"He should step down, allow for a clean out of what the leadership looks like federally.

"And whoever governs the country needs to make sure that they put the country and its people first."
Turnbull wearing a blue suit, red tie and dark-rimmed glasses, looks skyward with a sombre expression.
Photo: Malcolm Turnbull "is the problem", according to John Barilaro. (ABC News: Matt Roberts)

Mr Barilaro, the NSW Nationals leader, is the highest ranking Coalition MP to publicly call for the Prime Minister's resignation.

"You've got a party in disarray, a Coalition Government in disarray and a community not unified and that is all at the feet of the Prime Minister of Australia," he said.
'Go before Christmas'

Mr Barilaro rose to become NSW's Deputy Premier earlier this year.

"My view is, Turnbull should give Australians a Christmas gift and go before Christmas," he said.

Mr Turnbull said Mr Barilaro had not spoken to him about the concerns.

"It is odd he has never raised these matters with me personally," Mr Turnbull told Melbourne radio 3AW.

Mr Turnbull suggested Mr Barilaro made the comments because he was "trying to ingratiate himself" with radio host Alan Jones, who was interviewing him.

Mr Turnbull said if it was a serious view, Mr Barilaro would have spoken to him directly.

"He has got my number he can call me anytime," Mr Turnbull said.

He said people were not telling him that he should resign and when asked directly if the thought his time was running out he said: "No, absolutely not."

Mr Barilaro's criticisms this morning included the Prime Minister's response to the Queensland election.

The Deputy Premier said the state result had been a "disaster".

"What really got up my goat was on Sunday, was to hear the Prime Minister of this nation say there were no federal issues that affected the state election," he said.

"That's just a joke.

"If you're completely out of touch like that comment, which showed clearly that the federal issues were impacting on the way state voters were voting in a state election, in my mind, it just shows that there is no leadership."

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
man how many hours did they have of the dastyari stuff, they can't catch a break

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Police watchdog refuses to reinvestigate officers who tasered innocent couple in Fremantle

quote:

Western Australia's police watchdog has decided not to reinvestigate officers found by a District Court judge to have fabricated evidence, abused their powers and falsely imprisoned, assaulted and tasered an innocent Fremantle couple.
The decision by Corruption and Crime Commissioner John McKechnie is the latest roadblock in the nine-year quest for justice by law professor Robert Cunningham and his wife, Catherine Atoms.
The couple was awarded more than $1.1 million in damages by the District Court last year after suing three police officers who were found to have behaved maliciously and unlawfully towards them.
The case prompted the parliamentary inspector and committee responsible for the oversight of the Corruption and Crime Commission (CCC) to call last month for the watchdog to take a fresh look at the behaviour of the police towards the couple, including potential criminal conduct.
But in a letter to the committee, Mr McKechnie said he had not changed his position that there was not enough public interest to justify spending limited CCC resources and the Police Commissioner could take action if required.
"I am aware of the criticism of the Commission about its perceived inaction on use of force allegations," he wrote.

No apologies, no disciplinary action
The couple has not received an apology, nor have any police officers been disciplined, after the 2008 incident — which left them suffering post-traumatic stress disorder, physical injuries and big legal bills.
Their troubles began when they stopped to help pull four men out of a flowerbed after a night out in Fremantle celebrating Dr Cunningham's birthday and Ms Atoms' new job.
The noisy group attracted the attention of officers from the Fremantle Police Station and the situation quickly escalated.
The couple was accused of disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and assault — allegations which have been discounted by different courts — and were handcuffed, tasered and arrested.
In the District Court, Justice Felicity Davis said officers Simon Traynor, Peter James Clark and Glenn Alexander Caldwell had fabricated evidence and were unprofessional in how they handled crucial physical evidence, like video footage.
After being unable to get an apology for the behaviour of the police officers the morning after the incident, the couple complained about their treatment to WA Police, the CCC, the Ombudsman, the Attorney-General, the Police Commissioner and the Parliamentary Inspector of the CCC.
'Zap the f***ers'

Both the current and previous parliamentary inspectors of the CCC have criticised the corruption watchdog for accepting the findings of a "demonstrably flawed" internal police investigation.
This inquiry — conducted by staff who also worked at Fremantle police station — cleared the officers of misconduct and failed to interview Mr Caldwell, who tasered both Mr Cunningham and Ms Atoms.
Mr Caldwell, who retired from the force in 2013, gave evidence at the civil trial that he had told officers Clark and Traynor to "zap the f***ers".
"He is the kind of person who would taser first and ask questions later and that he had no regard for police policy for the use of tasers, as set out in the Manual [including that a taser should not be used as a compliance tool]," Justice Davis' judgement said.
Under WA Police policy, tasers may only be used to prevent injuries to police and never to enforce compliance.

The chair of the parliamentary committee overseeing the CCC, Labor MP Margaret Quirk, was scathing of Mr McKechnie's decision, saying the commission "has demonstrated little appetite for investigating police matters, in particular those involving alleged excessive use of force".

She also highlighted the couple's quest for justice, even though her government is continuing its legal appeal against paying compensation to the couple.
The WA government was found jointly liable with the three officers in last year's civil case.

"Dr Cunningham and Ms Atoms were both subject to excessive use of force at the hands of Western Australian police officers, subjected to prosecution, later withdrawn, and have been fighting for acknowledgement and recompense for their treatment for over nine years," she wrote.

In a statement, Dr Cunningham and Ms Atoms said "We strongly urge the WA Government to immediately review, and to respond appropriately, in relation to police accountability and oversight mechanisms, including the way in which the WA Police and the CCC deal with 'serious misconduct' allegations.

"All Western Australians have a stake in ensuring the rule of law is upheld in this State."

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
lol, a state greens MP who is publicly against politicians getting free tickets to events was a guest of Melbourne City Council at the grand final as a mad richmond supporter.

Good luck getting any outrage traction on that story outside of shut in anti sports politics nerds, I’d join loving One Nation if I needed to to get tickets to see the Demons in a grand final.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Solemn Sloth posted:

Good luck getting any outrage traction on that story outside of shut in anti sports politics nerds

I look forward to this thread's response.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

I’d join loving One Nation if I needed to to get tickets to see the Demons in a grand final.

I think you're safe there mate.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Schlesische posted:

I think you're safe there mate.

Yeah, Queenslanders don't watch AFL. Dees will get there eventually.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Banning controversial speaker Milo Yiannopoulos is only helping his cause

Joe Hildebrand

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
gently caress off Joe Hildebrand

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I mean once you ban something, it’s sure to stop it from becoming famous right? Just ask Karl Marx, Adolf Hitler and Henry Miller.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/936323979358322689

dear bill shorten, here's someone for you to take after

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

PM status upgraded from "Embattled" to "Beseiged". How many more adjectives before "Former"?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
shorten is already a corbyn like figure to australia's youth, expect to see him being cheered at your favourite music events in the future

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Corbyn couldn't even defeat May, who somehow eclipses Turnbull in the gormless sweepstakes.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

JBP posted:

Corbyn couldn't even defeat May, who somehow eclipses Turnbull in the gormless sweepstakes.
Corbyn also actually takes a stance other than *checks notes*. ALP still has a major hard on for focus groups and it shows.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

CrazyTolradi posted:

Corbyn also actually takes a stance other than *checks notes*. ALP still has a major hard on for focus groups and it shows.

Yeah, they're good at politics.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Are they? How are they not wiping the floor with an utterly incompetent LNP? Support is going to whacko third parties like the Greens rather than Labor.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

JBP posted:

Yeah, they're good at politics as bland as plain toast.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Knobb Manwich posted:

Are they? How are they not wiping the floor with an utterly incompetent LNP? Support is going to whacko third parties like the Greens rather than Labor.

Have you checked the polling? They can't wrangle the ON voter because that voter is a cretin, unless you want them to go full kill all blacks and Greens don't have old party politics and are arguably an entirely different demographic to the ALP.

2 party voters are going to vote ALP and they're going to form government. They just need to wait a while.

e: a good Greens v ALP situation is northern Melbourne where the poor booths vote ALP and the nouveau bougie booths vote Green.

JBP fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Dec 1, 2017

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Corbyn had a good section of his party, along with the media, working against him to see him fail and while he didn't win he still exceeded expectations and polls, to make a 32 seat gain only failing to be unable to form a coallition government due to the loss of seats from the SNP to the tories as a result of turncoat tactics of Scottish Labor who attacked the SNP to the tories benifet. With proper support from his party, actual co-ordination from his allies and a little more self destruction of the Tories he should do fine next go around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

LIKE A BOSS

• Locked thread