Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

:agreed: Auckland is the best Australian city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Australian public transport is a dream compared to Auckland.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

We were sitting next to the harbour watching the fireworks and strolled calmly past hundreds of cars backed up all the way down tamaki drive, it was great. Also saw two cruise ships fully lit up and i swear one of them was tilting because all the passengers were on one side watching.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Knobb Manwich posted:

:agreed: Wellington is the best Australian city.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/gfentonwells/status/947418728471314433

HAPPY NEW YEABOOOM

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Hey guys

Oh my god

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Haha, the amount of people applauding after the boom is great. Also it's just fireworks, not RDX with shrapnel, you're not going to die unless you're wrapped in the bloody stuff.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

im the kid that's clearly had too much sugar

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Synthbuttrange posted:

im the kid that's clearly had too much sugar

THIS MIGHT BE THE TIME I DIE

Kid is too woke for me

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Enjoying my Dad calling Paul Murray an arsehole while watching the Sky News coverage

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Happy calendar epoch within your timezone.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I really like the strategy Melbourne does where instead of just having a few concentrated shows (even though the docklands show is bigger than the others because they're still trying to make Docklands a thing gawd) they just have little fireworks launching points everywhere on buildings all over the city until the entire skyline is wreathed in kaboom.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

JBP posted:

Wellington is the best Australian city.

Yeah but it'll probably just drop into the ocean at some point soon

I mean really who looks at land that got hoisted out of the water in an earthquake less than fifty years before and goes 'that looks like a good place to build all our city's skyscrapers'

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
This insane loving year is finally over, and this insane loving year has just begun.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Happy new year goons, also

Inescapable Duck posted:

This insane loving year is finally over, and this insane loving year has just begun.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
The ABC Sydney-no-where-else-in-Australia-counts coverage was horrible. No year end pub trivia, just a 30 year COUNTDOWN episode (which seemed to have been cut from a 30 year anniversary show and the ABC Budget was cut so they shoved it into the end of the year) andthey kept cutting to commercials(!!) including at the end before the last firework went off.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
The LNP in pictures.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/lenoretaylor/status/947596943126970368

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Happy new year goons

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
It has been reported that former senator and climate change expert, Malcolm Roberts, was seen at a Sunshine Coast New Year’s Eve party moving from table to table, finishing the remaining dregs of other people’s drinks.

The New Year’s bash at a private residence was attended by many One Nation staff and representatives, including party Senate Whip Brian Burston, who says Robert’s drink of choice was not the only strange behaviour exhibited by the Indian born former senator.

“He finished off the last of my XXXX which was strange, but it was the way he looked at me afterward and made this sort of low grunting sound that seemed to come from deep within his chest that I didn’t like. I can honestly say I was scared.”

Party host and Queensland One Nation Leader, Steve Dickson, says his Buderim home is used to hosting a lively crowd but believes the limits were tested by Robert’s particular style of partying.

“When he wasn’t finishing off the last of peoples beer or champers he was acting rather odd. He walked around handing people individual Corn Flakes that had words like ‘anal’ and ‘discharge’ written on them and kept asking the DJ to stop the music to put a Joe Rogan podcast on.”

“Then, later on, he just bolted out from behind a corner yelling ‘RUN!’ We all thought the cops were coming so Rosa Lee Long quickly slammed all the coke she had in one go. Wasn’t even anyone there.”

Reports state that after helping himself to more unfinished drinks, Robert’s tried to force the entire party to play a game of Risk with him, grapple tackled a staffer he believed responsible for leaking his citizenship documents and insisted on yelling “Happy Batman” instead of “Happy New Year.”

Partygoers were unable to find Roberts between 1:02 and 2:15 am, until he was later found in the kitchen pantry playing Russian Roulette with David Oldfield and Robin Scott.

Later, it is reported Robert’s was asked to leave after trying to persuade Peter Georgiou to do a shot of bong water and calling him a ‘mussy-loving pussy’ when he refused.

“There weren’t even any bongs at the party so where he got the water from is beyond me.”

It is reported that after being asked to leave he was later found on the roof of a neighbouring home, yelling spoilers for Star Wars: The Last Jedi at exiting partygoers, citing he was allowed to do so ‘because of free speech.’

Roberts himself is yet to comment on his behaviour but his employer Pauline Hanson has some theories.

“I think being unemployed has really hosed with him. He keeps editing his Wikipedia page and is still really upset he’s never been invited to speak on Q&A again.”

“I think it’s a combination of those things and the likelihood that whatever David Ettridge was drinking gave him a bit more than he bargained for.”

ili
Jul 26, 2003

What's the go with Joe Rogan podcasts anyway? The resident alt-right nut at work keeps telling me to listen to it, so I assumed it's just some loon frothing about leftists.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

ili posted:

What's the go with Joe Rogan podcasts anyway? The resident alt-right nut at work keeps telling me to listen to it, so I assumed it's just some loon frothing about leftists.

Rogan himself is not completely terrible (he's a dudebro libertarian who really likes weed and conspiracy theories, which is bad but not the worst thing in the world), it's just he enables the alt-right by inviting lots of them on his show and then avoids seriously confronting them about their lovely beliefs.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jan 1, 2018

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

ili posted:

hes a credulous idiot popular with same.

e: joe rogan is so stupid the character he played on news/radio had to have its name changed to joe becaues he wouldn't respond to his lines otherwise. joe rogan now believes he is his character from news/radio, who was a lot smarter than the actual joe rogan.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jan 1, 2018

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

ili posted:

His guests are almost exclusively alt-right/alt-lite cranks and he offers absolutely no resistance to whatever poo poo they're spouting at the time.

It's usually something like this;

quote:

"...so that's why we need a white ethnostate"
"Riiiiiight. Interesting. That's fuckin out there, man. You're reaching. Have you ever tried DMT?"

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
so he's tom tilley?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Tilley's one of those people who thinks he's cynically patronising his audience but is actually just an idiot, whereas Rogan's... just an idiot.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Auspol: we can't be hosed doing a new thread.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

ewe2 posted:

Auspol: we can't be hosed doing a new thread.

We'll just invade another country's thread in a few weeks.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

JBP's time to shine

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Anyone have Stan and watching Romper Stomper? If so, is it actually interesting or worth it?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Zenithe posted:

Anyone have Stan and watching Romper Stomper? If so, is it actually interesting or worth it?

X13Fen posted:

Watching the new Romper Stomper. Been waiting for it for a while

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

if I want to watch a bunch of idiot racist australians I could watch question time

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Made a Slack Bastard reference.

https://twitter.com/slackbastard/status/947762208502530048

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/ChrisCatalyst/status/947056985505239040

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

Zenithe posted:

Only watched the first episode so far, and have not seen the original movie.

It seems like it'll go places, as all it has done so far is set up a few plot threads. Nothing else I can really say at this point

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."

:eyepop:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I got 2 months of Stan free from McDonalds like a good white person and it's been worth it for Electric Dreams alone but I dunno if I wanna see Peter Hayden: The Series.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I've been considering getting Stan for access to the CW's stuff, but I'm not sure, is Romper Stomper okay enough for me to accept giving money to the people airing it? The ads I got before Youtube videos looked awfully 'glamorizing racist fuckwads'.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I refuse to get Stan because the name is stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
While Stan is a poo poo name it actually has a bunch of cool and good original shows that don't involve sucking Marvels dick.

• Locked thread