Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Alright.

Why are the kids in clothes at a nude beach if you're nudists?

If you're not nudists why are you at a nudist beach?

If you're at a nude beach to perv on naked people don't bring your kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
We don't have a nude beach in Canberra we just take our kids to the nudist part of the river.

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Futuresight posted:

Why are the kids in clothes at a nude beach if you're nudists?

If you're not nudists why are you at a nudist beach?

If you're at a nude beach to perv on naked people don't bring your kids.

Cos they have young delicate skin which the sun will fry

It's clothing optional, what we wear or don't wear doesn't matter, but yes clothes are overrated and swimming naked is great

Agreed, but we're not, it's a great beach and happens to be the closest

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Hobo Erotica, his wife, and his son all go to a nude beach. Naturally, the young son has lots of questions. He runs to his father, "Hobo! Hobo! All of the women have these things hanging from their chests!"

Hobo Erotica tells him, "Son, those are breasts. The women with large ones are dumb and the small ones are smart."

Soon after the son comes running again, "Mom! Mom! All of the guys have these things dangling between their legs!"

The mom replies, "Those are called penis'. The men with the big ones are dumb and the men with small ones are smart."

A little bit later the son runs up to his mom and asks her, "Mom! Mom! Is being dumb contagious? Dad is talking to a really dumb lady and he keeps getting dumber and dumber."

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Dec 30, 2017

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
nudity isn't inherently sexual, bringing kids to a nude beach is fine I guess

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
What about not wearing a life jacket on a boat?

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Laying the ground work for the big issues of AUSPOL 2018

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

that's illegal and for good reason

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I grew up basically next door to a nudist beach, went there all the time, it was mostly old fat dudes from memory

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

bowmore posted:

I grew up basically next door to a nudist beach, went there all the time, it was mostly old fat dudes from memory

It's still pretty much that

edit - I imagine anyway, this is all imaginary

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Beaches are bad and nude beaches are double extra bad, hth

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

hiddenmovement posted:

Beaches are bad and nude beaches are double extra bad, hth

Would help more if you'd show your working, but noted ty.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Hobo Erotica posted:

Would help more if you'd show your working, but noted ty.

the sun sucks and people are disgusting, hence beaches, nude or not, are v. bad

i am a very fun person

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Hobo Erotica posted:

edit - I imagine anyway, this is all imaginary

Lol

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Beaches are actually good

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
To look at. From afar. If they're not poo poo-up by a bunch of people with their stupid beach umbrellas and chairs.

Blamestorm
Aug 14, 2004

We LOL at death! Watch us LOL. Love the LOL.

bowmore posted:

that's illegal and for good reason

There should be an exception for all LNP members, and they should be actively encouraged to go out in boats without them, preferably while also drunk. Tax incentives for this behaviour would also be OK.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Blamestorm posted:

There should be an exception for all LNP members, and they should be actively encouraged to go out in boats without them, preferably while also drunk. Tax incentives for this behaviour would also be OK.

Look, just because it worked for Holt doesn't mean it'll work for the rest of the Liberal party.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Intoluene posted:

Look, just because it worked for Holt doesn't mean it'll work for the rest of the Liberal party.

No, but I'm happy to try

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

NPR Journalizard posted:

No, but I'm happy to try
And keep on trying until we hit the sweet spot.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Sparticle posted:

Beaches are actually good

Too soon.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Rome fell because of the ever expanding centralised beaurocracy and spending via Bread and Circus's. The plebs started voting for the Tribunes that offered the most bread and circus's not the best public management. Public ownership of their empires future died resulting in things like non-land owners being able to join the army. Their fall was fundamentally due to a lurch of the left.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
5/10, try to work feminism into it somehow next time

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

gay picnic defence posted:

Rome fell because of the ever expanding centralised beaurocracy and spending via Bread and Circus's. The plebs started voting for the Tribunes that offered the most bread and circus's not the best public management. Public ownership of their empires future died resulting in things like non-land owners being able to join the army. Their fall was fundamentally due to a lurch of the left.

Stefan Molyneux is that you?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

gay picnic defence posted:

Actually, much like the US, lead poisoning

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
The answer, to which there isn’t one really, is that someone finally built a cannon big enough to gently caress them up.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
Swatting: Kansas man shot dead by police after prank caller calls 911, Call of Duty link investigated

quote:

The FBI is investigating whether an argument over a video game prompted a hoax call that led to a Kansas man
being shot dead on his doorstep by a police officer.

Wichita Deputy Police Chief Troy Livingston said a "prankster" called 911 and made up a story about a shooting and
kidnapping.

He did not mention reports that an argument over online gaming was at the heart of the prank, although he said
investigators had made good progress tracking online leads.

Police have not disclosed the name of the man who was killed on Thursday evening, but relatives identified him as
Andrew Finch, 28.

Chief Livingston, speaking at a news conference, said the hoax call was a case of "swatting", in which a person makes
up a false report to get a SWAT team to raid an address.

"Due to the actions of a prankster we have an innocent victim," Chief Livingston said.

He said no-one had been arrested in connection with the hoax.

'My son was murdered over a false report'

An audio recording of the call to 911 was made public by police.

In it, a man can be heard telling the emergency operator that he has just shot his father in the head.

He said he was holding his mother and younger brother at gunpoint.

The caller, speaking with relative calm, said he poured petrol inside the home "and I might just set it on fire".

When asked for his location, he gave Mr Finch's address.

Several officers arrived and surrounded the home, braced for a hostage situation. When Mr Finch went to the door police
told him to put his hands up and move slowly.

But Chief Livingston said the man moved a hand toward the area of his waistband — a common place where guns are
concealed.

An officer, fearing the man was reaching for a gun, fired a single shot. Mr Finch died a few minutes later at a hospital.
Chief Livingston said Mr Finch was unarmed.

The officer, a seven-year veteran of the department, is on paid leave pending the investigation.

The Finch family on Friday allowed reporters inside their home. Lisa Finch told them her son was not a gamer.

Ms Finch said the family was forced outside barefoot in freezing cold and handcuffed after the shooting. She said her
granddaughter was forced to step over her dying uncle and that no guns were found in the home.

Dexerto, an online news service focused on gaming, reported that the series of events began with an online argument
over a $1 or $2 wager in a Call of Duty game on UMG Gaming, which operates online tournaments including one
involving Call of Duty.

"We woke this morning to horrible news about an innocent man losing his life," Shannon Gerritzen, a UMG
spokeswoman, said in an email.

"Our hearts go out to his loved ones. We are doing everything we can to assist the authorities in this matter."
She declined to disclose other details.

In addition to the 911 call, police also released a brief video of body camera footage from another officer at the scene.

It was difficult to see clearly what happened, but it shows that police were parked across the road from Mr Finch's house
when the shot was fired.

The FBI estimates that roughly 400 cases of swatting occur annually, with some using caller ID spoofing to disguise their
number.

An FBI supervisor in Kansas City, Missouri, which covers all of Kansas, said the agency joined in the investigation at the
request of local police.

In other cases of apparent swatting, three families in Florida in January had to evacuate their homes after a detective
received an anonymous email claiming bombs had been placed at the address.

A 20-year-old Maryland man was shot in the face with rubber bullets by police in 2015 after a fake hostage situation was
reported at his home.

Katherine Clark, a Massachusetts Democrat, introduced an anti-swatting bill in 2015 — then was herself the victim of
swatting. Armed officers in 2016 responded to an anonymous call claiming an active shooter was at Ms Clark's home.

What the gently caress.

:psyduck:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Was he 360 noscoped?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

'Murica gently caress yeah

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Dude wouldn't have been shot if he had a gun oh wait....

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
The moment that more than a handful of gun toting rednecks and hillbillies cotton on to the fact that the only threat that more guns absolutely won't protect them from are cops, and that they're perfectly happy to shoot whitey, poo poo is getting messy.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Don Dongington posted:

The moment that more than a handful of gun toting rednecks and hillbillies cotton on to the fact that the only threat that more guns absolutely won't protect them from are cops, and that they're perfectly happy to shoot whitey, poo poo is getting messy.

You say that like poo poo isnt already messy.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Inescapable Duck posted:

Whatever you say, Annie.

:golfclap:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

If you didn't see this coming then I don't know what to say.

Nobody takes life threatening risks seriously until someone dies.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Hobo Erotica posted:

Anyway is seriously no-one going to have a crack at the 'kids at a nude beach' thing? I'm pretty sure you won't go to jail.

Swim outside the flags and if you get into trouble, for God’s sake keep your hands down, waving is rude.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

Don Dongington posted:

Sometimes I think the black people getting shot by police angle is played up to protect the police from white people. :tinfoil:

(not that it isn't a problem, but that the narrative went "black people gettin shot" instead of "people in general gettin shot, black people even more")

Futuresight fucked around with this message at 10:31 on Dec 30, 2017

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what the gently caress are you on about

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Sometimes. I wonder. If the news focuses. On specifically the black victims of police. So that racist-rear end white people. Will side with police against black people. Against their own interests. Because it is really an issue that also fucks white people. Just like welfare was painted as a thing black people abuse. And hard drugs are a problem in the black community. Even though white communities also use welfare and have drug problems. Or how aboriginal communities were said to have problems with child abuse. Even though. The problems were not any higher than for white communities.

There's a pattern of making societal problems seem like they are only concerns for minority communities, thus causing the majority to either ignore them or treat them harshly. I sometimes wonder if police violence coverage is part of that trend.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Futuresight posted:

Sometimes. I wonder. If the news focuses.

No. Not remotely. If it's on TV or on bird cage liner then it barely qualifies as journalism anyway.

It's an interesting question you asked because it suggests you've been taking the news pretty seriously and/or at face value. Should probably stop doing that.

Look up everything Rupert Murdoch related for the past 20 years and come back if you... no actually if that doesn't work nothing will.

Please keep enjoying Today Tonight: A Current Affair into dodgy immigrant builders stealing our welfare to buy botox for their illegitimate fat kids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHso1e6NY90

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Dec 30, 2017

• Locked thread