Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
reported op for first dog amount of words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CrazyTolradi posted:

What does the SSM survey result mean for Kevin Rudd's leadership ambitions?

Time for sodomy :grin:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

why doxx me? :confused:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CrazyTolradi posted:

TBH the only difference between Young Libs and Young Labor is the party name, they both walk out of the same sailing clubs with their dads.

is this a victorian thing or did your brain get flooded?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Senor Tron posted:

We should start a death pool for Malcolm Turnbulls reign as PM. I'm taking 5th February.

That really would be a super bowl day.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
put me down for trumble winning the election and one thousand year lnp reich

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

MikeJF posted:

Anyone know how he measures up as a choice?

Obviously you'd prefer someone like Justice Gaudron, but there's no reason to think he would kowtow to the government like Heydon.

CrazyTolradi posted:

He's as close to being Dyson Heydon without actually being Dyson Heydon.

No, you're thinking of Justice Callinan.

While I'm here I may as well quote the judges talking about getting drunk

quote:

CALLINAN J: Mr Jackson, it seems to me that clearly the people at the party, including Ms Joslyn and Mr Berryman, went out with the intention of getting drunk.

MR D F JACKSON QC: It would be a big night, your Honour, big night.

CALLINAN J: With the intention of getting drunk and they fulfilled that intention.

MR JACKSON: Well, your Honour, young people sometimes——

KIRBY J: I just think “drunk” is a label and I am a little worried about—it is not necessary to put that label. It is just that they were sufficiently affected by alcohol to affect their capacity to drive.

MR JACKSON: Yes.

KIRBY J: “A drunk” has all sorts of baggage with it.

HAYNE J: Perhaps “hammered” is the more modern expression, Mr Jackson, or “well and truly hammered”.

MR JACKSON: I am indebted to your Honour.

KIRBY J: I do not know any of these expressions.

McHUGH J: No, no. Justice Hayne must live a very different life to the sort of life we lead.

KIRBY J: I have never heard that word “hammered” before, never. Not before this very minute.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Starshark posted:

I think whoever reckons Daisy isn't sufficiently important enough to mock should write up a list of people we can mock as well as their achievements so we can make informed decisions as rational actors.

1. The greens councillor dude - elected goon
2a. Tbk - nearly elected goon
2b. Anidav - got voted a bunch of times in forums mafia

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Fruity Gordo was doxxed by Andrew Bolt.

that sucks for her

but also

lol

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
The Senate Citizenship Register is up. It seems CatHat took the opportunity to do some handwritten trolling.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

MikeJF posted:

Christ, that register is a useless idea.

Did Labor ever even try to introduce a simple, difficult-to-argue-against Bill to direct the AEC to immediately perform an independent citizenship audit of all members of parliament and provide the information in a public report promptly?

I mean it'd be shot down, but it'd be hard to defend shooting it down and make great publicity.

iirc Labor were anti-audit

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

Yeah Labor didn't want the audit for whatever reason.

Because it would likely refer Gallagher/Keay etc to have their cases heard by the High Court, instead of being able to say that they've had nobody referred.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Zenithe posted:

Leak's actual art was good.

he's a cautionary tale for why helmets should be mandatory for everyone, not just cyclists.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
One can enjoy CAD while understanding that Tim Buckley has flaws as an individual.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Are our television commercials as bad as the USA’s yet? Sitting through a commercial break is like pulling teeth at this point and it’s hard to imagine it could get worse.

Honestly no

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
American ads are great because half of them are for essential medicines as if they're optional and they have to go through all of the potential side effects

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

G-Spot Run posted:

Ok squirrels it's time to get your "don't have an arial? I don't even have electricity" badges

I don't have the internet but my bionic arm picks up the signals juuust right

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Spudd posted:

So... it had nothing to do with free speech? I don't understand that group of people they seem so scared of a bogeyman that does not exist.

Freeze Peach may have been at the counter-rally

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
noted "good shopper" Anidav

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

Noted "good poster" Birdstrike

haha

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Several more S44 cases have been floated, including David Feeney.

E: timing is important for some of the cases since people submitted the paperwork before nomination but only received official confirmation of the renunciation afterwards.

gently caress david feeney

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

the poster

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Snowman_McK posted:

Bullshit. No one fuckin' enjoys CAD

The joke was loss't on you.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I'm fine with the High Court loving over the LNP but their reasons for disqualifying Hughes would be a rather pissweak basis for disqualifying a useful public servant who needed to return to work to put food on the table.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

CrazyTolradi posted:

What if 51% of people supported stabbing lawyers in the stomach with a shiv?

First thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
reading this thread is pretty brutalist

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Art Deco is too good for you loving plebs

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
train chat huh?

https://youtu.be/QU6pa4x-vjo (AUDIO :nws:)

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
as if you would talk about UTS in the context of brutalist architecture and not Macquarie

rank amateurs

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Lid posted:

Because like everything Macquarie does its one fifth the size and no one has to suffer through it other than Macquarie students

Real talk about a decade ago they discovered tgese huge concrete slab squares on the outside of outside of the old library served no purpose and literally covered up windows hidden inside cause brutalism

it was supposed to survive usyd getting nuked

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

doot

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Solemn Sloth posted:

I love melbourne, cops in the dumb red vests assaulting a racist in hi-vis for mouthing off, while a street preacher tells us we are all going to hell and a guitar playing magician speaks blood libel

Now that’s culture

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

Tonight on 7:30 is a Korean Sex Cult stealing young woman in Canberra :suspense:

wtf plot

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

asio posted:

Late, but...

Yugambeh is part of the Yuggera language and Chepara (or coastal) geography.

But you get a lot of money if the white man calls you traditional owner.

So Yugambeh are not in cooperation as Yuggerah-Yugambeh, they're off doing their own thing.

There's also a lot of bad blood between the gold coast mobs because of how Yugambeh got to this point- pushing out the others, ignoring family history.

Basically the assimilation project is complete (peter beattie hopes) and Yugambeh have gone full capitalist.

E.g. if you watched the recent rugby union match that was in Lang Park and a certain Shannon Ruska did the welcome - this isn't his land to welcome us on to, and that was not yuggera he spoke, but the ARU pay a lot of money and his mob have been trying to steal this land for generations, so, we get the wrong info.

Tl;Dr gold coast is yuggera-yugambeh but Yugambeh have dollar signs in their eyes and split off from yuggera

we warned you about splits bro!!!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
if it's Miguel I will neck myself

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

They're making it sound like Homme put a full blooded boot into her skull. He clipped the camera as he swooped by.

Are you suggesting the photographer should have kept her eyes peeled?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

I remember the time Phil Jameson threw a mic stand at my head as a paying customer.

shame he missed

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

hiddenmovement posted:

Sam Simmons and Tom Tilley both want words

and Tom Ballard

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

Actually I would say PHON targets the mythical billionaire investment asian that buys up all are farms and makes the meat prices go up.

Magical snow globe Asian?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

Regions such as Brisbane

guillotine Sydney absentee landlords imo

• Locked thread