Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Hahahah, THAT'S his loving bounceback!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Don Dongington posted:

Speaking of which, have the libs figured out how to gently caress up same sex marriage yet

Not that we know of, but they're trying to take credit for it happening.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Zenithe posted:

I use my tv all the time, just almost never to watch tv. What’s the channel that plays 24/7 US renovation reality shows?

I'm pretty sure that's in, like, the 600-range of Foxtel channels.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Kommando posted:

Two sad grumps on the left.

Good news, they can now be sad grumps together.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Kommando posted:

apologies, four

Four people voting NO: LNP QLD David Littleproud, Liberal Russell Broadbent VIC, LNP Keith Pitt QLD and Bob Katter QLD.

I mean, let's make sure to never let them go on this: other than a single independent, the people voting against marriage equality were all Liberals.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Anidav posted:

Will Australia also change our internet to follow the Americanz?

They'll try, but they'll have a far harder time of it.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

BBJoey posted:

breath of the wild won game of the year

Who declared that and why didn't they pick Nier Automata?

BotW worst Zelda game, fight me. I'll win because I actually have an arsenal of interesting gadgets.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

JBP posted:

Playing music is way better than video games.

Objectively a far worse choice of pastime than video games for high-density apartment living.

Also I bought BotW for a WiiU I already had lying around, so it was a cheap get.

Mad Katter posted:

I thought you were cool

BotW is a perfectly fine 7/10 game that has some interesting ideas, specially on the character movement front, that fails miserably at delivering on the half of its name that I actually bought it for. When I buy something in a long-running series, I expect some common details that I want; adding variety is fine, but I'm coming to you for a reason Zelda, and I'm disappointed to find out that your Fun Toys inventory and progression is near-nonexistent, your bosses suck with the exception of like a single attack by one of them, and you have exactly one actual dungeon worth its salt. You have failed miserably at delivering what I come to Zelda games for.

Best Zelda games remain a dead heat between Wind Waker and Majora's Mask, depending on if you want the standard or the curveball.

In addition, my choice for GOTY is Persona 5, which should also be the choice for all of Auspol. It's an RPG where you play as lovely teens fighting against power, that goes from the grassroots level up to to attempting to smash the state. The final boss is fighting off society's collective apathy after a lovely election result, this is not joking comparison or interpretation this literally happens. Plus it's on the PS3 which you can get for dirt cheap now, so it's the perfect Auspol game.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Dec 15, 2017

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Cartoon posted:

Christmas claims it's first mass victims:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-17/balcony-collapse-doncaster-east-tupperware-christmas-party/9266132

Maybe if they had gone a little lighter on the decorations and worn helmets.

I can't tell, was this Christmas or Christmas' enemies, the Holidays, declaring war?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Korgan posted:

Can't wait for a whole day's worth of Barnsey and Accadacca

Hey, dude, don't be selling them short.

There'll be some of Pink's worse songs in there. A few singles from Australian Idol runners-up (not the winners, though). Maybe even some Midnight Oil songs that none of the core listener base actually cares about the message of.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

hiddenmovement posted:

Prediction for 2018

The economy tanks, Turnbull looks shot, shorten gets caught in a sex scandal and loses an loseable election

Then Hawthorn win the flag

Greens continue to make gains that barely fall short of gaining seats, and so continue to not be seen as making any at all.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
I've been considering getting Stan for access to the CW's stuff, but I'm not sure, is Romper Stomper okay enough for me to accept giving money to the people airing it? The ads I got before Youtube videos looked awfully 'glamorizing racist fuckwads'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Testekill posted:

edit: From the ads that I've seen for the series, it looks like it's pulling a both sides thing which is completely gutless in this political climate.

Yeah, that's sort of what I was responding to. Although I'd disagree that it was pulling a 'both sides' narrative from the one promo I kept seeing, it looked more likethe 'patriots' were intended as antiheroes we were meant to root for. Which, y'know, gently caress that, but I admit I haven't seen it and don't know if that holds!

• Locked thread