Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Even one of those Japanese hotdog eating supermen would balk at that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Knobb Manwich posted:

Are they? How are they not wiping the floor with an utterly incompetent LNP? Support is going to whacko third parties like the Greens rather than Labor.

They've been up 8-10 points tpp all year

Turnbull would have to run over a kid to lower it further than that

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I'm Jan 24. Just in time for tones to give prince harry a knighthood

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Drain status : Holding.

I built a levee out of potting mix bags as well

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

It'll be Dutton. Scomo and bishop are too smart to accept it and tones will insist on credlin

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

90% of the time when I 'misread' the signal it was actually a case of me being

A) So stunned that this person was attracted to me it took me a full 30 seconds to collect myself and by then the moment had passed

B) Really not interested tyvm but let's pretend I'm just a dope it's less awkward this way

I guess what I'm saying is that guys aren't nearly as stupid as they appear and know full well that they are being horny arseholes

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I thought we established that Leunig fell off his bike and whacked his head a few years back

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

JBP posted:

Real talk: do people in here try to reconcile their enjoyment of art with the artist being a fuckhead or what? I find it tough since I'm a big Spacey fan and I'd like to watch his films and appreciate the art of it, but I'm not sure that's possible.

I think it depends on the level of intimacy of the work and the extent to which the individual artist is responsible for the work. So with Polanski, it's reasonably easy to put him being reprehensible into the background because unless you believe in auteur theory whole hog there are a million other creative inputs going into his movies. Polanski isn't the film. He's a part of the film, yes, but is it really ok to jettison the work of all the other, not rapey people that worked on it? The cinematography, AD, the cast, set designer, etc?

Down the other end of the scale, you have comedians. The comic is the entire show, and it's usually very intimate. You are being asked to laugh along with the perspective of this single individual and listen to only their voice. I don't think I'll be able to ever watch Louis CKs standup ever again, particularly as he spends half of it talking about his impulsivity and masturbation habits.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

News 24 and live sports that's all

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

A pile of retailers are expected to fall over after Christmas regardless of Amazon, but I fully expect the media to crap on about the Amazon bogeyman rather than terrible wage growth and sky high retail rents.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

The sexual misbehaviour of prominent men is at least partly the result of the sexual revolution that was driven by women.

Where are these coming from

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Lid posted:

The Doctor was the worst Triple J talent in the history of the word "talent".

Sam Simmons and Tom Tilley both want words

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

He got caught is the difference

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Whitlam posted:

On fire alarm chat, I was at a firestation a couple of months ago and they reckoned they're the first to know about recessions because of an increase in ~*mysterious*~ inexplicable fires that all start at midnight in small businesses.

And was there?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Don't buy console games buy PC based indie titles they cost peanuts, are just as entertaining and will usually run on the under specced potato you bought from msy

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I went to emporium in Melbourne yesterday evening to try on some dress shirts. Employees vastly outnumbered shoppers on the Friday night before Christmas. Fuckng ghost town. Myer and David Jones weren't much better, the bottom floor of Myer was full but I think that's only because it acts as a throughway connecting bourke and lonsdale.

Tldr economy hosed all the shopping centers are doomed

And ffs don't buy those retro consoles get a logitech f310, install an emulator plug your laptop into the telly via HDMI. Put the money into your super instead, the gubment will match it (I think)

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I never take Hoddle or Punt. I almost always take the backroads. Alexander Ave in South Yarra, Bendigo and Elizabeth Sts in Richmond, Nicholson and Church in Abbotsford. Neva Eva Punt or Hoddle.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Doctor Spaceman posted:

How about this?

I really like Pacific Rim but ffffff that's a terrible composite. The resolution and dof on the wall makes it look so fake and why the gently caress is it running under the bridge? Is it to protect Circular Key from the North Shore?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

This would never happen on the superior morning show, Get Kracken'

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

drunkill posted:

Noted shitrag, the herald sun have turned on the liberals.

They won't win Vic next year unless Dandrews stomps on puppies in federation square for australia day.

Don't be so sure. There's a strong perception that he's soft on crime and the big projects his ramming through have NIMBY'd the poo poo out of a lot of contestable seats.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Household solar requires you to actually own a home in order to install it, and the only people that own homes also don't believe in climate change

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

MikeJF posted:

Yeah but it increases the value of the property!

That said this is Australia so spending money on solar panels that aren't somewhere in the NT or northern WA is dumb. Even with transmission losses.

We have very good solar potential.

EDIT: Why image not show why

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Its not that I care about it being a consumerism monument is that I like the idea of Fed Square and the architecture and it's a real shame to have the whole monolith vibe ruined because of apples refusal to fit in anywhere.

Also it's a waste of a perfectly good building.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Dont you have to take those horrid things to apple in order to have them repaired?

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

bandaid.friend posted:

who are you yelling at?

I said apples were horrid things and he is melting down because a corporate brand is an intrinsic part of his identity for some reason

Also my main objection is that they are hideously overpriced for what they are and if you buy them in the reg you have that perfect mixture of too much money and too little brains

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Emporium. Last Friday night. 6:30 pm. I'd say employees outnumbered punters 3-4 to 1, except for maybe Uniqlo which had actual human beings buying things.

We're going into a recession.

hiddenmovement fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Dec 23, 2017

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Comstar posted:

Bloody hell. Why scream for lower taxes when you're at 0-2% already :(

You can lay off all your accounting staff

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

GoldStandardConure posted:

My partner works at a book shop and a customer called them up asking for the Bill Leak book, but wanted to make sure it had 'the one comic with the chinaman riding the crocodile'

Surely this is a radio skit

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

Prediction for 2018

The economy tanks, Turnbull looks shot, shorten gets caught in a sex scandal and loses an loseable election

Then Hawthorn win the flag

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

We should deffo send all the white europeans home imo

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

My dad says dumb poo poo all the time I don't lost my poo poo over it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenmovement