Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS
everybody in nsw and vic likes to sniff their own farts, no matter their political persuasions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

I don't get how the Nationals or any of their voters think that what regional Australia needs is conservatism.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

NTRabbit posted:

Because rural Australia had a past, but has no future

I talk about this with my mum sometimes, she's a farmer and has always lived in regional Australia. To her credit, she's always voted independent and hates boomers and austerity. From the people she talks to, there's frustration that politicians tend to ignore the regions and a feeling as if the regions are propping up the population centres. I don't know why people think Brisbane needs a shithole town with barely any industry, but they do. They seem to think if the government tosses them a project to rebuild a highway or ends skilled migration, their town will bounce back from 30% youth unemployment.

I mean it's pretty hard to accept that your profession is now worthless and your hometown is just hosed, but it ain't very helpful to think that regional towns will some day bounce back to their former glory.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

Free to air tv is garbage and Foxtel was necessary until internet speeds and data caps matured enough to watch content online.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

It's cool, actually, that politicians are all old cowards who are always about 10 years behind the times. Looking forward to legal weed in 2027.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

Jesus, I forgot about that. The Craig Thomson scandal feels like a lifetime ago now.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

Queensland is in fact best state.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

I've never seen a magpie swoop anybody. The only bird I've seen get aggro is a plover defending a nest. I've found magpies to be pretty chill and they sing prettily. I didn't vote in this meme contest though, I'm not a loser.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

Australian politics is incredibly tedious right now. The media is so dog poo poo.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

There's a massive sheep farm a couple hours from where I lived. I could look it up if I wasn't so lazy, but it used to function as its own little village with a school and everything. I think it's mostly a tourist attraction now.

Anyway, the point is, all the workers there doing the tour and shearing the sheep were all pretty old. There was an "apprentice" involved in the sheep shearing show, but he looked like he was about 50 and he had a mullet. He was incredibly awkward and he made his sheep bleed when he sheared it.

That's my story.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

Zenithe posted:

Accidentally causing a sheep to bleed is pretty common in shearing, although obviously the better you are at it the less it happens.

That's why the letter from the overflow was written in tar, because shearers used it to cauterise any cuts.

Oh I know, but he nicked the sheep a fair few times and he really struggled to get through the whole exercise. It was on a little stage so that the old guys could show off to the audience how a sheep is sheared. The old guys were putting on a show and interacting with the audience, but the other guy just grunted a lot and turned his back to us. Probably the audience was in more pain than the sheep. So awkward.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

KK is very cool. Hope she wins.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

It would be good if either party actually took a principled stance against political donations instead of only pretending to care when it's politically useful. Anybody who believes the LNP actually gives one gently caress about what Dastyari did should not be allowed to vote anymore.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

It's sad that the LNP aren't doing worse in the 2PP polling tbh

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

Starting to think I left the country at just the right time.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

Things are looking up for QLD's crowning as the best state.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

ili posted:

Annastacia Palaszczuk is the best state leader by virtue of being the leader of the best state.

True, true.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

It is possible for a middle eastern man to harbor ill will towards Australia because he is a middle eastern man. Australia doesn't exactly have the best track record with the region and we aren't terribly kind to people from that region now living in Australia. It'd be good if the causes of terrorism were talked about in the media, but instead everybody pretends terrorist intentions develop in a vacuum based on nothing except vague religious affiliations.

Any policy designed to help these people is always screeched about by right wing commentators. They don't want any solution except deportation, which they somehow think is a superior moral position to have.

Who knows what caused this guy to do what he did in Melbourne but it's not great to blame it on mental illness either.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

I've spent two Christmases in Finland now and the food has been better than any Australian Christmas lunch/dinner I've had. My family can cook, I just prefer the hosed up food they eat up here. Everybody prepares a glass jar of raw herring, raw onion and raw carrot soaked in a salty/sweet vinegar that I thought was disgusting last year but now I want to drink the vinegar after I'm done eating. Looks like this.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

There's a lot of white nationalists in my husband's family up here but I only had to meet one of them this year. He kept talking about Finland's Nazi past and how sad he thinks it is when people are hurt for having different beliefs.

My fam can be racist too but they're usually just stupid and don't know what foreign sounding words mean.

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

I'm telling you, it should be illegal for people over 55 to vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

yeah

• Locked thread