Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I want to know who told that loving potato headed piece of poo poo that he'd look better if he shaved off his eyebrows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

bandaid.friend posted:

Amazon Australia's opened up. On the one hand, it'll be a shame to see a massive multinational price local retailers out of business. On the other hand, I walked into a shop for a new computer part to be told they wouldn't sell it to me unless I bought it with an expensive part I don't need, so that mob specifically can get stuffed

On the gripping hand, some big Australian retailers, Officeworks specifically, are so loving backwards they charge a loving stocking fee if you order something from them.

A lot of stores here really need a kick up the arse to move into the modern world.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Someone mentioned in another thread that some airlines require fight attendants to hand back any uniform if they leave the company or need a new one.

Mainly for security, but also to stop fetish creeps wearing them.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Box of Bunnies posted:

when you're too bad even for convicted racist Andrew Bolt

Excuse me, it's "convicted racist and professional paedophile apologist Andrew Bolt".

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Might not happen today because there are still hours and hours of speeches to go.

The Jesus-bigot faction is not about to let up putting in their "what about the taint waxers" discrimination amendments, no matter how hopeless.

We'll be fighting their efforts to corrupt the bill for generations.

Also, the rest of the LNP is trying now to take credit for marriage equality. loving Turnbull was in the paper the other day calling it his legacy and how it was such a hard road to get to where we are today.

Well, yes, it was a loving hard road, and you were one of those people putting up the loving road blocks you piece of poo poo :argh:

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Dec 6, 2017

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Doctor Spaceman posted:

They haven't got to the amendments yet, when ~100 people each want to make a 10-15 minute speech it takes a while.

Yeah, everyone's now doing their own turnbull and rewriting history to say how they always supported it.

Even loving Abbott is saying how he's now looking forward to being able to see his sister marry her lover.

EDIT:

I'll say this about Abbott, he's always finding news ways to make me sick to my stomach.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Dec 6, 2017

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Can someone give me an example, just a single example, of a shitheel like this using "religious freedoms" where they don't mean "My ability to be a bigot".

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Andrew Broad is now moving his second lot of amendments.

“I haven’t seen too many people on the LGBTI community...to become great social advocates like I have the religious community.”

Well have you seen any LGBTI people fighting to see other sections of the community denied basic human rights?

Because I would think that's pretty loving telling, right there, about who is the real social advocate.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Does anyone have the gif of the time Abbott tried to run out of parliament before a vote?

I need it for reasons.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Zenithe posted:

There's probably a real one floating around but:

Thanks.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Lid posted:

Piers Akerman: Marriage vote was a victory for left’s hate

Just as the celebrity-studded audience in the packed public gallery, cheering and clapping, detracted from the event and reminded some of the countercultural leftists ­activists who had been instrumental in overturning the millennia-held view of traditional marriage as being between a man and a woman to the exclusion of all others and the bedrock of stable family life.

The redefinition of words by political process is plainly Orwellian.

The battle for marriage has been lost and the politically left are now assailing gender. This is not fiction. We have ­already seen the example in Australia of activists trying to remove the word woman from midwifery texts on the grounds that to refer to a specific gender promotes inequality.

The vote was not a happy ending, it was merely another front crumbling in the left’s long, sour and hateful campaign against Western culture.

lol

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
I can't see how it will work out well for them, given that Uncle Xi has his fist so far up the collective arse of the LNP he's been asked to audition for Sesame Street.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
No, it'll just have constant Star Wars chyrons.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Solemn Sloth posted:

http://www.theage.com.au/national/investigations/secret-woolworths-deal-with-shoppies-union-cuts-wages-20171216-h05t1p.html
The SDA and Fair Work have outdone themselves. New deal for workers at Woolies online distribution centres not only cuts already low wages, but compels employees to keep their rates confidential :psyduck:

Everyone already knows the Shoppies are poo poo, but it does also bear reminding that Fair Work are just federal level human resources.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

MikeJF posted:

Ugh, the design is horrible for Fed Square. It's mandatory for flagship Apple stores to be glass cubes,

So, how powerful are their air conditioners?

Glass cube plus Australian summer plus 5k+ people per day is a lot of heat.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Don Dongington posted:

That's basically concern trolling.

Don't forget the followup sealioning :eng101:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Cleretic posted:

Greens continue to make gains that barely fall short of gaining seats, and so continue to not be seen as making any at all.

I was thinking about this the other day and concluded that Scott Ludlam resigning over section 44 may have been the single most influential act of any Greens member ever.

Think about it - without Scott stepping down we wouldn't have gotten all those LNP fuckers tossed out and that led the government losing its grip which led to marriage equality and a banking royal commission.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Oh no, those poor loving delicate babies!

Look at what they're being forced to endure:

The horror!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

How is all this shooty poo poo going to stop ISIS people from driving cars into pedestrians?

I've always held that the greatest thing the ADF could ever do to make Australia safer is to issue their soldiers with shovels, hammers and saws and teach them how to build infrastructure in our dirt poor neighbours.

Clean water, electricity, an international school of the air, directly improve the lives of everyone around us. A million different way, big and small, to do the right thing.

You know, being the good guys.

Instead we're perfectly content to let even our vassal states, like Nauru, rot and suffer :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

God loving dammit :ughh:

• Locked thread