Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Corn Dogs alone vindicate the USA of all atrocities and crimes it has committed.

e; In 217 ya boy Hippolytus sets himself up as the first Antipope due to differences with newly anointed Callixtus I's opinions on Sabellianism. Fortunately they got things sorted out in order and Christianity remained unified ever since.

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Dec 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Mister Adequate posted:

Corn Dogs alone vindicate the USA of all atrocities and crimes it has committed.

YES BUT IT'S NOT A SAUSAGE ROLL IS IT

... sometimes I really miss Gregg's :(

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
There's a kind of peperami that comes sealed inside a breadstick and it's impossible to overstate what an improvement it is over the original product

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Renaissance Robot posted:

There's a kind of peperami that comes sealed inside a breadstick and it's impossible to overstate what an improvement it is over the original product

holy poo poo where can i get one

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

TomViolence posted:

holy poo poo where can i get one

yeah uh i'm gonna need to get in touch with your supplier robot

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Sorry guys, it seems like the answer might be nowhere. I bought an obscene number from Approved Food earlier this year, but they only get stock that's going out of date/nobody else can sell.

I think asda trialled them for a while but they mustn't have been very popular as they're no longer available. Even amazon doesn't have them.

It's probably for the best, I'm sure they weren't doing my arteries any favours. Still, :negative:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO9hQlWki5s

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That's a site I didn't know existed and I'm not sure if I should be pleased or depressed that it does.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Book time! I'm going to buy that October book because it's 90% off, what other China Mieville books should I read (first)?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Renaissance Robot posted:

Because [some] actual ChampagneTM is tasty (not enough to justify the price tag in most cases, but still) while most other bubbly white wine I've tried is about as good as most non-bubbly white wine, which is to say it tastes like sewage.

e/ to be less hyperbolic, it's specifically sauvingon blanc I can't stand. It's acidic and it smells really bad and the only thing it's good for is stabilising fondue. Prosecco is irredeemable.

This post is so extremely wrong

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Mister Adequate posted:

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

If anyone fancies a bit of hopeful news going into 2018, a survey for the Independent has found that Labour have a large amount of potentially untapped support.

Although Labour are pretty much neck and neck with the Tories, significantly more people think Labour share their values and understand 'people like them' than are actually planning to vote for them. But for the Tories, most people who identify with them are already Tory voters. So while the Tories are basically tapped out at 40%, Labour still really need to focus on winning over non-voters because the support is out there.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
I'm confused as to how anyone can have enough interest in politics to be able to say that they believe that a political party shares their values while also saying that they're not going to vote. Like, I understand apathetic voters or people who feel like none of the parties represent them, but those would seem to preclude the first statement?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Jose posted:

This post is so extremely wrong

meet me outside bro so I can give you all these bottles of white wine I inexplicably have and probably won't enjoy. Happy new year!

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Maybe something or somebody is causing them to be reluctant to vote for labour?

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

Here we go...

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Pissflaps posted:

Is it Liberalism?

I bet it's Liberalism.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

jabby posted:

If anyone fancies a bit of hopeful news going into 2018, a survey for the Independent has found that Labour have a large amount of potentially untapped support.

Although Labour are pretty much neck and neck with the Tories, significantly more people think Labour share their values and understand 'people like them' than are actually planning to vote for them. But for the Tories, most people who identify with them are already Tory voters. So while the Tories are basically tapped out at 40%, Labour still really need to focus on winning over non-voters because the support is out there.

Not to mention that the Tory base is literally dying off. The only party that can realistically increase its support in a major way are Labour, which is a pretty nice spot to be in when you've got a massive and motivated army of volunteers ready to go convince people to go out and vote come the next election.

Pissflaps posted:

Yeah, they probably don't want to be associated with your lot.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Lifelong labour voters you mean? Very possibly.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Unkempt posted:

YES BUT IT'S NOT A SAUSAGE ROLL IS IT

... sometimes I really miss Gregg's :(

Corn dogs are so insanely superior to sausage rolls

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

fridge corn posted:

They are v different things with v different places in life

Tesco online shopping claimed they had corn dogs but it turns out they lied when we picked up the order earlier today :( No bbq ribs are not a substitute :mad:

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

Not to mention that the Tory base is literally dying off. The only party that can realistically increase its support in a major way are Labour, which is a pretty nice spot to be in when you've got a massive and motivated army of volunteers ready to go convince people to go out and vote come the next election.

Corbyn has also found his stride as a campaigner rather than spending all his time in Westminster trying to fend off knives in the back. Apparently he's already planning a 'Grand Tour' for himself in the new year, and creating a new unit of the party to organise in 'forgotten' former strongholds. Plus of course Momentum who made a massive contribution to the technological and social media campaign.

Pissflaps hilarious sour grapes aside, there are a lot of reasons to be positive going into 2018.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

fridge corn posted:

They're probably better at being bad for you, yes.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

feedmegin posted:

They are v different things with v different places in life

Tesco online shopping claimed they had corn dogs but it turns out they lied when we picked up the order earlier today :( No bbq ribs are not a substitute :mad:

Yeah but sausage rolls are universally bad so it doesn't matter where or when you eat them meanwhile a corn dog is always good all the time

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
People have been insisting Tory supporters will all die off any year now since the war.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It is technically true that tories are dying off though the difference at present is that they don't appear to be getting replaced very well because most people under 40 or so prefer labour.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
And yet Theresa May of all people managed to find another two and a half million of them in the election.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

And the entire point is that the survey suggests that that might be the limit of their support absenting a substantial change in either party resulting in different people wanting to vote for them.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

And yet Theresa May of all people managed to find another two and a half million of them in the election.

Good job Jeremy Corbyn managed to find another three and a half million Labour voters then.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Also remember how pissflaps spent about two years straight yelling about how it's a waste of time trying to activate non-voters because they won't go to the polls anyway? Kinda funny contrast to his newfound expertise on how to do just that.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

fridge corn posted:

Yeah but sausage rolls are universally bad so it doesn't matter where or when you eat them meanwhile a corn dog is always good all the time

I do not trust you to be unbiased on maize related products tbh

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Pissflaps posted:

That isn't too surprising. Before the election she was widely praised as a minor god through which the power of BREXIT flowed like blood.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

jabby posted:

Good job Jeremy Corbyn managed to find another three and a half million Labour voters then.

Yeah that is a relief or else he might have lost the election.

Josef bugman posted:

That isn't too surprising. Before the election she was widely praised as a minor god through which the power of BREXIT flowed like blood.

And during the election she was widely pilloried for being utterly abysmal.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Cerebral Bore posted:

Also remember how pissflaps spent about two years straight yelling about how it's a waste of time trying to activate non-voters because they won't go to the polls anyway? Kinda funny contrast to his newfound expertise on how to do just that.

Yes and turnout was up a whopping 2%.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Remember when UKIP lost over three million votes when compared to 2015? Do wonder where they might have gone. Sure is a mystery for the ages.

Also, in a shocking development, local Pissflaps doesn't understand statistics.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Pissflaps posted:

Yes and turnout was up a whopping 2%.

How does that work with the tories and labour picking up six million extra votes between them? There's only 64 million people in the country.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Cerebral Bore posted:

Remember when UKIP lost over three million votes when compared to 2015? Do wonder where they might have gone. Sure is a mystery for the ages.

Also, in a shocking development, local Pissflaps doesn't understand statistics.

Those ukip voting non-voters sound fascinating. Tell me more about them.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

And during the election she was widely pilloried for being utterly abysmal.

Widely pilloried by who? The Guardian? Aside from the broadcast media (who are compelled to be impartial) most newspapers were singing her praises up until election day. It was only after the exit poll dropped that people started slinging mud for her 'terrible campaign'.

If the Tories had actually won a decent majority then her campaign, with its rigid message discipline and precisely choreographed media events, would be being held up as a glorious example of how to win elections. With the exception of her embarrassing manifesto U-turn the vast majority of the criticism has come after the result.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
if only theyd been able to find someone with all the baggage of the blair years, theyd have loving thrashed them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

OwlFancier posted:

How does that work with the tories and labour picking up six million extra votes between them? There's only 64 million people in the country.

UKIP collapse.

• Locked thread