Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

Olive! posted:

yeah this makes sense but I didn't know exactly what this thread was at first

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

In the spirit of the less complex style that was intended, please play "I Got The Purples So Bad". And I will now stop hogging the request mic and say again thank you fine gentlemen, you are doing God's work.
No no you guys made great recommendations. I was just thinking out loud about what I might find easier or more difficult. I know that a lot of people like doing impressions but it's just not something I go for personally.

Anyway

Rushi posted:

hold me closer tony danza hit it
I took this to mean that the title of the song is "Hold Me Closer, Tony Danza"
http://tindeck.com/listen/lsybp

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blaise rascal

Fredflonston posted:

Ridin' on Boinks
http://tindeck.com/listen/zkwjq

blaise rascal

For the people who are having trouble playing the songs on the tindeck site: Try downloading adobe flash player https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

blaise rascal

At some point I may actually break out my recording gear. It's currently tucked away in a box and I've been too lazy to get it out

e: to be clear, the two songs I just posted were recorded on my laptop's built-in mic

blaise rascal fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Dec 7, 2017

BoldFrankensteinMir

blaise rascal posted:

At some point I may actually break out my recording gear. It's currently tucked away in a box and I've been too lazy to get it out

Cool. Your avvie already made me break out my complete set of Unglued, it's a good night for nerdy unboxing.

Sig by Heather Papps

Manifisto

these are both great, thank you

your "riding on boinks" reminds me of a song by helium (that I quite like)

ty nesamdoom!

szkud

blaise rascal posted:

I took this to mean that the title of the song is "Hold Me Closer, Tony Danza"
http://tindeck.com/listen/lsybp

I like it and I'm glad we're not overlapping vocally or instrumentally. If you use Ableton Live or something free, I think we could and should do a compilation.

~(‾▿‾)~

blaise rascal

szkud posted:

I like it and I'm glad we're not overlapping vocally or instrumentally. If you use Ableton Live or something free, I think we could and should do a compilation.
That's a good idea! I normally use studio one, which has a free version, but I was lazy the past few days so I just made single-track recordings in audacity. I may go back and make higher quality recordings of my 2 songs at some point.

The version of studio one I use is missing the mastering suite, so I might not be the best at putting together an album, but I could certainly send you mixdowns, or if you sent me your mixdowns I could just manually match each track's volume levels. (Or I could download your songs from tindeck). Is that what you mean when you ask me about my daw in order to "do a compilation"?

szkud

blaise rascal posted:

That's a good idea! I normally use studio one, which has a free version, but I was lazy the past few days so I just made single-track recordings in audacity. I may go back and make higher quality recordings of my 2 songs at some point.

The version of studio one I use is missing the mastering suite, so I might not be the best at putting together an album, but I could certainly send you mixdowns, or if you sent me your mixdowns I could just manually match each track's volume levels. (Or I could download your songs from tindeck). Is that what you mean when you ask me about my daw in order to "do a compilation"?

kinda!

~(‾▿‾)~

UWBW

Permanently banned from the Alamo

ShinyBirdTeeth posted:

This is an excellent joke

I've been making it for years but no one seems to get it

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig, and Koishi for the last one. TVsVeryOwn made the CyberMike.

szkud

Gay Weed Dad posted:

How 'bout Sade's smooth hit "No Ordinary Glove" for old time sake!

Free MP3 download: ordinaryglove.mp3

I am drubnjk

~(‾▿‾)~

UWBW

Eyy DJ can I put in a request for the entirety of Radiohead's OK Computer but covered by the three mice from the movie Babe?

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig, and Koishi for the last one. TVsVeryOwn made the CyberMike.

cda

by Hand Knit

UWBW posted:

Hey, put on that one RHCP song that doesn't have anything to do with Drugs or California. Thanks!

Is "This is the Song That Doesn't Have Anything To Do With Drugs or California" the one you're talking about, because to me, anyway, that seems like saying "don't think of an elephant"

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

UWBW

cda posted:

Is "This is the Song That Doesn't Have Anything To Do With Drugs or California" the one you're talking about, because to me, anyway, that seems like saying "don't think of an elephant"

Actually the full title is "that doesn't have anything to do with Drugs or California. Thanks!"

sockingtonsworth

*to the tune of dani california* hippa dippa, drugs in california

thanks

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

sockingtonsworth posted:

*to the tune of dani california* hippa dippa, drugs in california

thanks

Hahahaha

blaise rascal

I've had a cold the past few days and haven't felt like recording anything, and I'm about to leave for a business trip that will last at least a week, so it'll be a while before I can get back to this. I want to, though.

szkud

blaise rascal posted:

I've had a cold the past few days and haven't felt like recording anything, and I'm about to leave for a business trip that will last at least a week, so it'll be a while before I can get back to this. I want to, though.

I got you

~(‾▿‾)~

Gay Weed Dad

cool dude, flyin' high

This was great and I have paid you 1 (one) twitter follow in exchange for your kind work

szkud

hamjobs posted:

uh yeah can you play uhhhh, rebel girl by the strokes

thanks

Free MP3 download: rebyell.mp3

~(‾▿‾)~

szkud

Bluedeanie posted:

The White Stripes - blue moon

Free MP3 download: bluemoon.mp3

~(‾▿‾)~

Modrasone

HE WANTS THIS AND SO SHOULD YOU!
I want to hear the song my friend Clyde wrote when we were about 6. It was about how he was the best superhero in the world, better than all the other ones in comics and films and stuff and it had this repeating refrain about how he was well respected by all of his teachers.

szkud

Modrasone posted:

I want to hear the song my friend Clyde wrote when we were about 6. It was about how he was the best superhero in the world, better than all the other ones in comics and films and stuff and it had this repeating refrain about how he was well respected by all of his teachers.

uh, tindeck isn't working now.

szkud fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jan 12, 2018

~(‾▿‾)~

szkud

Modrasone posted:

Free MP3 download: superclyde.mp3

~(‾▿‾)~

cda

by Hand Knit
thread owns

----------------

blaise rascal

the new songs are great

i'm on another business trip & hope to contribute again maybe on like the 20th

szkud

UWBW posted:

Eyy DJ can I put in a request for the entirety of Radiohead's OK Computer but covered by the three mice from the movie Babe?

Free MP3 download: krammaplease.mp3

~(‾▿‾)~

szkud

In the spirit of the less complex style that was intended, please play "I Got The Purples So Bad". And I will now stop hogging the request mic and say again thank you fine gentlemen, you are doing God's work.

tindeck poo poo the bed again. any suggestions?

szkud fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jan 13, 2018

~(‾▿‾)~

Modrasone

HE WANTS THIS AND SO SHOULD YOU!

Thanks for this, it's just like I remember it.

Loving the thread, was doing some random youtube searches and found that the Sade song "No Ordinary Glove" was actually covered by a German synth band called "Makellose Hirsche" in 2005. Here's the audio

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qumk35kho8imccd/gloves.mp3

szkud

Modrasone posted:

Thanks for this, it's just like I remember it.

Loving the thread, was doing some random youtube searches and found that the Sade song "No Ordinary Glove" was actually covered by a German synth band called "Makellose Hirsche" in 2005. Here's the audio

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qumk35kho8imccd/gloves.mp3

this is beautiful!

~(‾▿‾)~

szkud

Free MP3 download: purplsz.mp3

lyrics:
I woke up ultra violet
my jam was grape but I felt plum
I'm so amethyst i'm orchid
and heather's got me feeling glum

so lilac on my perrywinkle wrinkles
mulberry wine is fine but I'm

raisin mauve[my] own kind of hell

szkud fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Jan 13, 2018

~(‾▿‾)~

szkud

Bluedeanie posted:

hey honey heres a nickel put My Dang Dog Caught Me Cheatin by Conway Twitty on

https://clyp.it/fimb5dvq

I'll edit in with the tindeck link when it starts working again

~(‾▿‾)~

Harold Fjord
An extremely Irish version of Wagon Wheel.

Edit-oh poo poo you made a bunch of these these aren't just funny ideas. Nice.

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Jan 13, 2018

szkud

Nevvy Z posted:

An extremely Irish version of Wagon Wheel.

Edit-oh poo poo you made a bunch of these these aren't just funny ideas. Nice.

I only know one accent: appalachian trash

https://clyp.it/o0e500wo

~(‾▿‾)~

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
incidental funk by the wooddrops

----------------

rubberrazors

A song about a girl walking home from work and she trips over a crack. She's mad about it the rest of the way home.

the worst

BoldFrankensteinMir

I'm glad to see this back and I love my Purples song. I want to sticky it but it sounds like the musicians are still getting back from the holidays. Who do we have still playing/ who is still away presently?

Sig by Heather Papps

szkud

rascal is back on the 20th. I'll be back on the 25th at the earliest, but I might get a day off to go home and get my new laptop, some instruments, and some recording equipment before that if they stretch out my stay

~(‾▿‾)~

blaise rascal

Barnes And Body Works posted:

Please play The song "pee poo poo pee poo, pt. 2" .
http://tindeck.com/listen/miwrz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cda

by Hand Knit
This is one of my favorite threads ever in byob

• Locked thread