Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

What would happen if I gave you like a really gross thing to eat like what if I gave you a piece of poop on your tongue :iamafag:

e: no but seriously what have various gross things you remember tasting sounded like

a hole-y ghost fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Dec 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Have Blue posted:

I already mentioned wasabi/horseradish is an accordion honk

Olives are an off key bass note with a bit of a squelch added in

Burnt food is almost like static

(these are all approximations)
Interesting—but what about non-food gross things? For example, dirt, soap, blood, vomit, etc

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Boksi posted:

I fear this might be the equivalent of asking you to taste something really disgusting, but would you be willing to listen to this and tell me what you think of it? If you can stomach it you should definitely listen until the end. I enjoy that piece and others like it but I can definitely understand other people not liking it.
this is pretty cool! thanks

Have Blue posted:

I don't make a habit out of eating gross things but out of that list:

Blood and other metallic tastes are a sizzle

Dirt is almost a thrum, the kind that churns your stomach

Vomit is a mix of stuff but the most prominent is bile, which is like a screech that that fades into a whine
interesting.. thanks. I'm not a synaesthete but a lot of these make a weird sort of sense. Have you met other people with the same type of synaesthesia and compared sound/taste correlations with them? I'm curious if they would line up.

• Locked thread