Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Have you ever tried miracle berries and checked if the change in taste perception corresponds to a change in sound perception?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Primordial Soup posted:

naturally associating numbers and letters with colors
How do you deal with the Stroop effect?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Have Blue posted:

I definitely get the second part though, I can't eat candy and listen to rock music. It just doesn't work.
what about rock candy

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

What happens when you eat something that makes a sound, like pop rocks or potato chips? Does the sound trigger a taste sensation while the taste triggers a sound sensation? Could you distinguish between the part of one sensation that's triggered by synesthesia and the part that's actually what the food tastes/sounds like?

e: or to put it another way, could you "season" your food by playing the right tone or does one kind of input take precedence? "Good soup, needs some ukulele though."

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Dec 14, 2017

• Locked thread