Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Maelstache posted:

It was all shot on 35mm originally, but at some point the masters were lost or destroyed, so no "real" HD upgrade will ever happen sadly :( (the blu-rays are upscaled from SD I think?)

The masters are lost but presumed not to be destroyed from what I recall; they're just locked away in the archives of the production companies and they would have to spend real money to find them (and then re-release them). The current transfers are taken from the PAL broadcasts from what I remember because they had slightly higher quality than the US versions due to the increased resolution.

Remember, at the time Farscape was still broadcasting the DVDs were sold by ADV at the nice price of something like 40 bucks per 2 episodes

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Dec 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

wtf kind of question is this? If I watch a show I don't skip anything.

The first season is half-hosed in terms of viewing order; you have the correct way to see it through using the production order rather than broadcast. After you get into later seasons the only one you have to worry about is the Dream a Little Dream originally being the Season 2 opener.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

PlushCow posted:

I enjoyed seeing Ben Browder's cameo in the 2nd Guardians movie, James Gunn is a fan https://www.instagram.com/p/BXVvY3oDAOj/

The only episode I can remember actively hating in the whole series is "I, E.T." The slow speed of the episode is such a contrast after the premiere, and the music is off in it; the whole first season has a lot of music that I can only describe as "scifi tones" which doesn't get fixed until the second season.

I, ET suffers from being the second episode produced with some rather large plot holes (none of these aliens are going to have translator microbes) and character elements they were trying to nail down still (it's one of the early episodes where Simcoe is wearing colored contacts).

For me it's either the tandoori chicken episode or Jeremiah Crichton. Even the cast views the latter as one of the worst episodes they made.

Edit: or also Coup by Clam, which is similarly dogshit.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

socialsecurity posted:

Stark kinda pops in and out randomly, it is kinda annoying.

Stark popped in and out because Paul Goddard was in and out of filming as one of the Agents in the Matrix during the first season.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Arcsquad12 posted:

She does, and she looks very weird.

She's wearing a bald cap is why.

Virginia Hey basically had to quit the show because the skin coloring they put on her was shutting down her kidneys.

Cancelling Farscape I could understand because the S4 numbers dropped a shitton (probably since the quality also dropped a shitton) but they also offered them an abbreviated 5th season (10 or 13 episodes, I forget which), which they really should have taken. Granted it would have nuked the Nebari virus plotline but that already happened anyways with the movie.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

As well as everybody telling the doctor in "Coup by Clam" to shut up whenever he gets going with his explanations, and Crichton straight up telling him "one more word of technobabble and I'll cut out your tongue!:

Coup by Clam is probably my least favorite episode past the first season's drek, it's just awful from concept to finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I don't think I've actually seen anything of the (apparently) mediocrely plotted 3rd/4th seasons of Lexx. The first and second are fairly good (though insane)

also Eva Habermann forever, gently caress Xenia Seeberg

• Locked thread