Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

After a year away from comics I'm gonna try to get back in. Going back to my old pull lists can someone tell me what of these comics are worth catching up on/still ongoing?

*GREEN ARROW
*SUPERMAN
*ALL NEW WOLVERINE
*DEADPOOL
INFAMOUS IRON MAN
JESSICA JONES
*SILK
*THANOS
UNCANNY INHUMANS
AVENGERS NOW
*SPIDER-WOMAN
UNWORTHY THOR
*ULTIMATES
CAPTAIN MARVEL
TOTALLY AWESOME HULK
*MIGHTY THOR
*DETECTIVE COMICS

That's my recommendation. Especially so the ones asterisked.

Also go back and read Black Bolt. One of the best comics coming out right now. It's by Saladin Ahmed, his first comic writing job, and it's fantastic.

X-O fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Dec 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Escobarbarian posted:

so uh, not so into the whole comics game these days, and I only just discovered Doomsday Clock is a thing.

what in the gently caress is going on? how is this happening? how are people not straight-up revolting?

I think everyone around here knows it's a terrible idea but really just doesn't care. I mean it's not like anyone with a brain can seriously say it's a great move to have Geoff Johns continue the Watchmen storyline, but that ship sailed when Rebirth hit in 2016 so everyone who did care probably just doesn't care anymore.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Escobarbarian posted:

I guess it’ll just be like Before Watchmen and a couple years on it’ll be almost totally forgotten except for the occasional “hey remember this? man it sucked”.

Nah this one is a bit too woven into the actual DC Universe now, so it's going to be more than a footnote and forgotten story.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lick! The! Whisk! posted:

I started reading Irredeemable/Incorruptible last night. I think it might be one of my favorite comics ever? Wish more people talked about it, this comic is incredible.

Yeah they're great. I give the slight edge to Incorruptible myself. I'd like to have seen it go on a little longer and think it had some story left to tell even though it realistically probably ended right when it should have.

• Locked thread