Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

BGrifter posted:

Has anyone come across a chart that shows the cost of levelling an S-rank item 1-30 vs an A-rank item? Preferably both adena and item XP cost.

Last rare slot I need is a robe and I'm starved for A-rank mage robes. If it's not an enormous difference in cost I think I'll start levelling some of the S-rank duds to combine.

I always use S tier for combines. Of course I haven't made one successful rare so I'm not sure why I keep doing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Anecdotally, S costs significantly more to level, in the region of 200-300%. Definitely stick to A combines if you're just fishing for rares.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Vulpes posted:

Anecdotally, S costs significantly more to level, in the region of 200-300%. Definitely stick to A combines if you're just fishing for rares.

That’s what I was looking for. I blew through maxing all my S and Rs so I didn’t keep track. If it was more like 150% the cost of an A I’d be fine with that. 200-300% feels like a bit much.

It’s just getting annoying having a dozen maxed A-ranks sitting waiting on another drat Robe to drop so I can combine.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
You don't have to merge the same type. Just the same rank. Left slot will dictate type and be the one that retains any enchantments but the right slot can be anything as long as it's the same rank and level 30.

Edit: example - Merge rank A level 30 +7 robe with rank A level 30 boot and you'll get a rank S level 1 +7 robe.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Inimicul posted:

You don't have to merge the same type. Just the same rank. Left slot will dictate type and be the one that retains any enchantments but the right slot can be anything as long as it's the same rank and level 30.

Edit: example - Merge rank A level 30 +7 robe with rank A level 30 boot and you'll get a rank S level 1 +7 robe.
If he's in the same position as me, he has 0 a robes and a bunch of helmets or something. It's cheaper to b combine for your a robe than s combine but it still sucks to do

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

gwrtheyrn posted:

If he's in the same position as me, he has 0 a robes and a bunch of helmets or something. It's cheaper to b combine for your a robe than s combine but it still sucks to do

Yeah I’ve got a rare helm/gloves/boots and just need a robe. I ran out of robes real fast and I’ve been on a drought of A-rank robes. I have about ten A-rank helms/gloves/boots lvl 30 waiting for a robe to pair them with but my inventory is packed way too tight.

The 400 inventory cap can’t get here fast enough. It’s rare I drop below 180/300 lately.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Just gonna post this because

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC4SP-eZw_w

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Vulpes posted:

lets you save 20 armor stones if you do manage an R Rare though. So I guess it depends on which resource is more valuable to you

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I took advantage of this R gear event to roll 3 alts. I put one in BanGavel but didn't want to take up all the space with my alts so I created another alt guild. Feel free to throw your lowbie or forgotten alts into SomethingALTfull

Pryce
May 21, 2011
Applied in-game as Daeke. I'm currently at 190K CP/Level 72 and farming daily.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
I hit 120 and finished the main quest. I also finished my Rare armor set. 320k and climbing!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

FistEnergy posted:

I hit 120 and finished the main quest. I also finished my Rare armor set. 320k and climbing!

Congrats! Sitting at level 116/298k right now. Just trying to grind out Cores and not worry too much about XP. A rare robe continues to elude me though.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004
FistEnergy who are you in game?

Just a heads up, I'm going to be with family until Tuesday, so I won't be on as much/if I am, I'll probably be afk. I assume others will be as well - we can still try to do fireplace at the usual time, but I'm thinking of either switching to Tues/Thurs or making it Mon/Wed because no one is around on Fridays anyway. Then we can just double up on each day and run it twice. Thoughts?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
FistEnergy on Windawood4

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
This game is basically Progress Quest on crack and it tickles the lizard brain very well for very low effort.

A+++ would leave computer on overnight again

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Can I get a clan invite on kirtar?

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004
Fireplace and dungeons tonight at 9:30 since yesterday was Christmas if we can get enough people on!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
What are you guys doing at 120 to stay interested? Lately it feels like I’m just grinding cores for tiny CP increases, combining trying to get the last rare piece of gear I need and not much else.

XP being largely meaningless and the mastery rewards so bad has me feeling kind of directionless and bored.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I'm busy scrounging for Adena because I just finished my full Rare set. I have everything at SR30 except for one armor and weapon, which are stuck at S30 waiting on Adena and upgrade stones.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

FistEnergy posted:

I'm busy scrounging for Adena because I just finished my full Rare set. I have everything at SR30 except for one armor and weapon, which are stuck at S30 waiting on Adena and upgrade stones.

Yeah I’m stuck waiting on Armor stones. Weapon is finished, accessories are a work in progress.

None of it feels particularly necessary though. In other MMOs there’s usually a gear grind. Get X to do Dungeon Y, get set Z from there to start raiding.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I enjoy Chill Grinding. It's the closest thing to Mobile Diablo 2 I've found.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
For me the hook in Diablo 2 was the chance of something rare and cool dropping. It might have been uniques in the base game, or that rare/unique with perfect stats in LoD. I think that's where I'm at a loss right now, it feels like there are no peaks and valleys just a slow steady grind toward "better". I know eventually my rare set will be max level SR with +20, it's just a matter of waiting and slowly grinding it out.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

BGrifter posted:

What are you guys doing at 120 to stay interested? Lately it feels like I’m just grinding cores for tiny CP increases, combining trying to get the last rare piece of gear I need and not much else.

XP being largely meaningless and the mastery rewards so bad has me feeling kind of directionless and bored.

If I have a minute I'll try to maximize extraction pit by PVPing for big herbs - usually there's a few people at my CP or higher so I actually get a bit of real PVP action. Otherwise, open siege, clan dungeons (we can do more if people actually log on...), and trying out other classes on same-account alts so I also get the bonus.

The mastery store gets some new stuff next patch, and I've heard rumors that the level 180 patch is supposed to come sometime next month based on the SEA schedule, so I'm playing towards that as well.

Chompers
Jun 29, 2006
Applied to BanHammer as Chomp, time for some Korean grinding

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Sup goons just discovered this.

Requested to join Banhammer. Name's Aberrict.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004
I'm driving 8h tomorrow to visit family for the weekend and will be coming back Tuesday - I won't be around much until then, not even sure I'll be on to do my dailies! Enjoy the holiday everyone!

Starting next week, fireplace and dungeons will be on Tues/Thurs at 930 EST because Wednesday is really bad for me and Friday seems to be terrible for everyone, even this group of antisocial nerds. We'll do 2 fireplace sessions at Banhammer with a possible extra at BanGavel each night followed by dungeons.

Also RIP Inkel, who I hope is still alive and whose DPS will be sorely missed.

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

Sup dudes, just noticed goons are playing this game. Just created a new character on the server y'all are playing on. In game name is fartpuzzle.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything
Do we have an official word on Inkel's status?

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
I have two apps to SomethingALTfull. Ladytank and Tauriel. If these belong to anyone here, let me know so I can approve or deny. So far there's been no response to the stairs inquiry.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

Ironsolid posted:

Do we have an official word on Inkel's status?

He quit to play BDO!

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
I really hope we can get more organized after the holidays. Our clan rank has been steadily falling. I'd like to do dungeons as often as we possibly can.
Is there a secret to get rare skill pages? I've been doing bosses as often as I can, and still have only got 1 Healing Strike and 2 Missile Bolt in weeks on end.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Sell tradeable scrolls/stones/etc on the Trading Post and use the blue diamonds to buy the pages you need for 299 or less each.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Only the winning group that gets credit for the kill has the chance for the pages. Group up. DPS the poo poo out of the bosses. Cross your fingers.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Inimicul posted:

Only the winning group that gets credit for the kill has the chance for the pages. Group up. DPS the poo poo out of the bosses. Cross your fingers.

This isn't true!

I have an alt that exists to hit the boss once and run to a corner and it has 4 healing strike pages

Edit: I do think its affected by boss level in relation to yours however, it got all the 4 pages while it was within the 5 level window and my main has gotten zero while over that.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Really surprised that they didn't increase the level cap in today's update. I haven't spent a penny, missed out on a lot of opportunities for XP, and will reach 120 either today or tomorrow. Given that XP is an incentive to do things like refresh hot time, buy subquest scrolls, etc, and that everyone already knows the cap will go up, why wait?

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

Just applied to BanGavel as HolyRoller.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
So tomorrow is my monthly login free rare equipment reward. I've been saving all my A-A combines for a couple of weeks so I can get maximum EV by waiting to see what freebie I get first. Which turns out to have been an excellent idea because now they are running an event where every A-A combine gives you a free R varnish.

I have about 20 combines ready to roll tomorrow morning. I'll quote this after I get zero rares and the freebie box gives me a duplicate of the rare boots I already have.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I still don't understand the combining event. It doesn't show up in the 'event' tab. I did a combine and nothing happened (it wasn't a rare though).

Are we just supposed to take it on faith that the combines are counting and that we'll get the varnishes in 3 weeks?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Ditch posted:

I still don't understand the combining event. It doesn't show up in the 'event' tab. I did a combine and nothing happened (it wasn't a rare though).

Are we just supposed to take it on faith that the combines are counting and that we'll get the varnishes in 3 weeks?

I’m guessing it’ll be like the Trading Post event where a week or so later the reward will randomly show up. I’m not sure it’s repeatable though, you’ll likely only get one R grade varnish.

From what I can tell the idea is to nudge people toward good practices they might not already be doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
From the details in-game, you get 1 R varnish selection box per A-A or higher combine, and 5 if you make a rare. Rewards may be claimed multiple times (no idea if there is a cap) and will be sent on Jan 24th.

• Locked thread