Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I'm Stacker in Banhammer, having a blast so far. Got my freebie R weapon to SR by level 40, and it rolled hp drain which on top of the other Shillien Knight leech makes me basically invincible. Soloed Tower of Dissonance 120k level at 80k power.

I'll be rolling tank the whole way so hopefully once I get a few more levels I can help out with guild raids etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Bought some high-end gear chests from the clan shop but they never showed up in my mail or inventory. Do they just automatically open and give you the item without any notification? Or have they just disappeared?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Phayray posted:

How many did you buy and what were they?

The High-Grade Equipment boxes from the Basic Items tab in the clan shop (the 3 per month ones). I'm assuming they just auto opened and the gear went straight to my inventory, which is fine but I like the suspense of opening them :smith:

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
As a result of the generous events etc going on lately, I have about 2,500 red diamonds burning a hole in my pocket. I've already maxed my inventory, what is the next best bang-for-buck to use them on? I've heard extending hot time or resetting quest scroll daily limit are good options?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Awesome, thanks for the advice.

On an unrelated note, why in the gently caress is the reward for 100% completing a zone's codex entries, just more cores for that zone that by definition you don't need?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

FistEnergy posted:

I rolled +Damage, +Crit Damage, and +Crit Rate on my SR bow and I feel like I won the lottery

Yeah, my freebie R weapon rolled Crit Rate and Lifesteal and then Crit Damage when it hit SR, feels good.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
There's a guaranteed R in the shop for 1200 red diamonds as well. Is this +EV over just buying a 1200 diamond high-grade pack? Assuming you don't get a dupe of something you already have.

Edit: NM, I can't read. It's just the same 10 high-grade boxes but with at least one R guaranteed.

Edit 2: Bought it. All As except one SR, which was a dupe of the exact weapon I already have. :smith:

Vulpes fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Dec 20, 2017

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Anecdotally, S costs significantly more to level, in the region of 200-300%. Definitely stick to A combines if you're just fishing for rares.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
So tomorrow is my monthly login free rare equipment reward. I've been saving all my A-A combines for a couple of weeks so I can get maximum EV by waiting to see what freebie I get first. Which turns out to have been an excellent idea because now they are running an event where every A-A combine gives you a free R varnish.

I have about 20 combines ready to roll tomorrow morning. I'll quote this after I get zero rares and the freebie box gives me a duplicate of the rare boots I already have.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
From the details in-game, you get 1 R varnish selection box per A-A or higher combine, and 5 if you make a rare. Rewards may be claimed multiple times (no idea if there is a cap) and will be sent on Jan 24th.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Vulpes posted:

So tomorrow is my monthly login free rare equipment reward. I've been saving all my A-A combines for a couple of weeks so I can get maximum EV by waiting to see what freebie I get first. Which turns out to have been an excellent idea because now they are running an event where every A-A combine gives you a free R varnish.

I have about 20 combines ready to roll tomorrow morning. I'll quote this after I get zero rares and the freebie box gives me a duplicate of the rare boots I already have.

So the freebie box gave my Shillien Knight a loving rare Spear, which is entirely pointless (equipment for your class my rear end). Thankfully I got a rare chest from my combines (on #22 of 22!) so it wasn't a complete disaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

FistEnergy posted:

so Wrong Subclass Rares are totally worthless then

:negative:

You can use them for attribute enhancement, I guess? But that's about it.

• Locked thread