Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

Welcome to the new Lineage 2 Revolution thread for the NA release! The last OP went MIA and people were getting confused by the out of date information. This game has been out in Korea/SEA for a bit and finally got dedicated NA servers/client mid-November. NA is currently a few major patches behind so if you're looking for info online, that's something to keep in mind!

Special thanks to Zotix for putting together the original OP, from which I am shamelessly stealing some of the info.

:siren:We are playing on GIRAN01!:siren:
The different numbers are different servers (ie. Giran02 is different than Giran01). I believe they ended up combining them in the overseas client, so maybe we'll get that eventually, but take note!
Our clan is called Banhammer - currently ranked in the top 50. Spaces are limited so we prefer to have the most active players in this clan. We've got a secondary clan named BanGavel so if Banhammer is full this is another option. BanGavel is also where a lot of our alts are.
I'm the leader (IGN: PleaseBeCareful), Inkel (IGN: inkel) also has invite privileges, so message either one of us or post here for an invite.
Discord

Useful Links
Class guide. If you played L2, you'll recognize a lot of these!
NA client APK download (for emulators). Different than the overseas file!
Bluestacks emulator, seems to be the preferred one to use. Nox and MEmu are also options if you have problems with Bluestacks

Getting Started
- Make sure to start on GIRAN01!
- Your first character, per server, per account, will get 1200 free red diamonds at level 10, which is very valuable. Use it to buy the 10+1 pack with a gauranteed R item! Before linking your Google Play account you can reroll a bunch of times until you pull good starting items from the 10+1 pack. Reroll guide. This was upped to level 10 and is thus WAY more time consuming! Reroll at the risk of your own sanity!
- Play what you want.
- Auto through your main quest as a priority until you get to a point where you need to level to do the next quest. The main quest unlocks content like the different daily dungeons (including adena dungeon and trial of experience) which are big daily boosts.
- Once you're level-locked for the main quest, focus on doing your daily/weekly quests and using subquest scrolls. Stick to doing A/S grade scrolls and combine your B/C scrolls in the workshop. You can buy up to 10 A scrolls per day from the shop for adena if you're a whale and resetting x3 or if you just need to pad a short supply of scrolls. It's a small net (2-3k) adena loss per scroll but the huge exp is worth it.

Frequently Asked Questions
Is this game pay to win?
Spending money will allow you to progress/level/gear up faster but that's about it. You can get by fine F2P, albeit slower than the whales. I dropped $30 on the +inventory pack (see below) and that's all I plan on spending.

I like this game and want to spend a normal person amount for a game, like $10-30. What should I buy?
-The Luxury Starter Bundle (Shop -> Bundles -> Adventurer) is a solid buy for starters - you'll get some hp/mp pots, soulshots, blue diamonds (used in the in-game auction house, the Trading Post) and most importantly, 120 inventory slots. Inventory management is easily one of the worst aspects of this game and you start with a piddly number of slots, some of which are taken up by crap you don't need (yet) and can't or shouldn't get rid of.
-The slower but more efficient option is the $10 daily red diamonds (Shop -> Daily Benefits -> Diamonds 1), which gives you 800 blue diamonds (as opposed to 600) and 3360 red diamonds vs 120 inventory slots (= 1920 red diamonds). It'll take you a little more than 2 weeks before you see the red diamond value even out compared to above, but if you don't plan on aggressively AFK farming as soon as you start - which you need the larger inventory for - this is the best value.

I want to spend my entire paycheck on this game. What should I buy?
Pretty much everything in the Collector Shop section of the Shop - these periodically give enormous amounts of red diamonds, which you can use to:
1. Extend HOT time in elite dungeons (8x exp/drops)
2. Reset your subquest scrolls x3 every day, which is tons of exp/adena
3. Finish expanding your inventory to 300
NOTE: The rewards that come every so many levels are retroactive! If you buy it at L90 you will still receive all of them.

Goon IGN List
PleaseBeCareful (me) (Banhammer leader)
inkel (SA: Inkel) (invite-capable)
Inimical (SA: Inimicul)
gwrtheyrn (SA: gwrtheyrn)
Lexxyth (SA: lexxyth)
Valsala (SA: Valicious)
Stacker (SA: Vulpes)
Lilandra (SA: Sir Bruce)
ShirleyTemple (SA: MY INEVITABLE DEBT)
Yamar (SA: UScr00ge)
Croesus (SA: Luffles)
Daeke (SA: Pryce)

Clan Members: Free Exp!
On Mon/Wed/Fri at 9:30 PM EST we run the fireplace - this is 10 mins where you just sit in the clan hall and collect a large amount of exp. The amount goes up the more people we have there so come join us! Afterwards we'll usually run the clan dungeons which give us A-SR gear boxes that I can award, plus you'll get some clan coins and adena for participating.

Other Random Tips/Gotchas
1. Daily reset occurs at midnight PST!
2. For this reason, if you're going to AFK farm overnight, do it out in the field or else you're going to have already burned through your daily 30 mins of dungeon HOT time by the time you come back, likely on sub-optimal monsters.
3. Proof of Bloods and Red Stones drop off elite dungeon monsters with the Evil of Blood tag above their names.
4. Upgrade stones, enhance scrolls, and subquest scrolls drop off field monsters and don't drop in elite dungeons.
5. There are exp and drop rate penalties for killing monsters too low or too high above you. I think it starts penalizing at +/- 5 or 6 levels and falls off the larger the disparity. This penalty is not represented by the +exp numbers you see when you kill things so pay attention to the % of your level you're getting, per kill. 0.01-0.02% per kill is considered decent for AFK farming.
6. Save your rare/boss summoning stones for when you can bring in a full group of goons. If you're high enough above the rec level you can probably solo it, but you're letting 4 members worth of core drops go to waste!
7. Regional bosses spawn every 4 hours, at noon/4 PM/8 PM etc EST. It's worthwhile to go to the boss for whatever region you're questing in (click the "GO NOW" button next to your map) and give it a whack. You'll likely get a core even if you don't contribute much. If you die when the boss is almost dead, stay dead until it dies and you'll still get the reward.
8. You get 1 A-grade Einhasad's Blessing per day as a login reward. Pop it before you do the Extraction Dungeon, then hop to the field and AFK farm for the duration to make the most of it.
9. Level up and combine A-grade drops to try to get S-grade rares. Feed B-grade to level up the A-grade and sell C-grade for maximum efficiency.

Other Useful Links/Guides
Giant doc with a lot of info
Farm suggestions and tips
Progression wall of text from a high level SEA player
Comparison of accessory stats
Info on bonuses that will be added to accessories in a future patch
Which monsters drop X core?

Let me know about anything I should add/to get added to the goon list!

Phayray fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Dec 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

gwrtheyrn posted:

Yeah i started afking overnight in field and doing hot time when I get home. I'll try that and see if it works better.

This is definitely the way to go - you really want to be present for HOT time, because if you can find a good spot/party it's a ton of exp. I did just that today and got 20% of L74 + 40% of L75, ended up extending it 15 mins for another 30% of L75. Probably 400-500 item drops, about 1100 blood and 250 red stones. I had to make sure the party stayed full by staying on top of invites though.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

Ironsolid posted:

Do it, the first thing I did before installing this game was look for a Discord.

edit: looks like I was beaten to the punch! Added the link to the OP.

Phayray fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Dec 6, 2017

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004
Server maintenance/update - will be down until something like 3:30 AM EST IIRC.

Patch notes.

quote:

1. Fortress Siege Added
2. Open Siege Added
3. Game Feature Improvements
4. Changes on Items

1. Fortress Siege Added
Each Clan fights for 8 fortresses.

Progress

1) Bidding
- Clan Adenas will be spent to bid in order to participate in the Fortress Siege.
- If there’s a Fortress Conqueror, one clan with the highest bid will enter the Fortress Siege.
If there isn’t a Fortress Conqueror, then 2 clans with the highest bid will enter the Fortress Siege.
- Bidding Time
NA I : Every Thursday 00:00~19:00 (PST)
NA II : Every Thursday 00:00~19:00 (EST)
Europe : Every Thursday 00:00~19:00 (GMT)
Oceania : Every Thursday 00:00~19:00 (AEDT)

2) Fortress Siege Procedure
- You can enter 10 minutes before the Fortress Siege starts.
- During the 30 minutes Siege, the Clan that imprints the opposing Clan’s Holy Artifact wins the siege.
※ The Siege results in a draw and the Fortress results without an owner if neither clan imprints the opposing Clan’s Holy Artifact.
- Fortress Siege Time
NA I : Every Friday 20:30 ~ 21:00 (PST)
NA II : Every Friday 20:30 ~ 21:00 (EST)
Europe : Every Friday 19:30 ~ 20:00 (GMT)
Oceania : Every Friday 21:30 ~ 22:00 (AEDT)

Fortress List & Buff Effect Info

Fortress Siege Participation Reward
- All Heroes who participated in the Fortress Siege will receive Exp./Adena/Proofs of Blood.

Fortress Siege Victory Reward
- Each victorious Fortress Siege clan member will receive additional Exp./Adenas/Proof of Blood.
> Depending on the contribution ratio, the MVP will receive an additional 50% of Exp./Adenas/Proof of Blood.
- Each victorious Fortress Siege clan member will receive a Red Diamonds Box for participation.
- Available to use the Fortress Conquer Shop
- Acquire a Fortress Conquer Buff Effect
- Acquire a Fortress Conquer Title
※ Conquer Shop/Buff Effect/Title is only applied if the clan possesses a fortress.

Note
- The Siege results in a draw and the Fortress results without an owner if neither clan imprints the opposing clan’s holy artifact.
- 30 clan members is the maximum for each clan.

2. Open Siege Added
Open Siege is a content that all characters can enjoy.

Progress
- You can enter 30 minutes before the Open Siege starts.
- Up to 30 members from each side can enter the siege.
- If all 30 members have already entered the Siege, then others who request to enter will be on stand-by. A member on stand-by can enter the Siege when another member leaves the Siege.
- Race/Class/Skill can be chosen once you enter Open Siege.
- Any side that imprints the opposing side’s Holy Artifact wins the Siege.
※ If neither side imprints either side’s holy artifact then the siege results in a draw.
- Open Siege Dates
> 12/13(Wed), 12/16(Sat), 12/19(Tue), 12/21(Thu), 12/23(Sat)
※ Further notice will be posted.
- Open Siege Time
> NA I: 20:30 ~ 21:00 (PST)
> NA II: 20:30 ~ 21:00 (EST)
> Europe: 19:30 ~ 20:00 (GMT)
> Oceania: 21:30 ~ 22:00 (AEDT)

Reward
- Result Rewards

- Contribution Ratio Reward
> Depending on the contribution ratio, Honor Points Potion will be sent to the Siege’s hero.

Note
- Open Siege can be entered only once a week. Only characters with at least Lv.11 can participate in Open Siege.
- The entrance limit can be cancelled out by the help of the result rewards.
- While in Open Siege, sub-quests can be completed and extra contribution ratio can be claimed.
- While in Open Siege, race/class/skill can be changed.
> Change button for class exposure after death, revise headquarters’ class change
- Access will forcefully end after entering Open Siege and being idle for 5 minutes. Entrance to a normal field will occur when re-entering.
- While participating in Open Siege and you log out for 2 minutes, then you will be marked as having left Open Siege. Participation count will not decrease and re-matching is possible.

3. Game Feature Improvements

Attribute Value on Equipment Changes
Additional damage of Attribute Value for Normal, Elite and Boss monsters will be increased.
- Before: Lv.1 15% ~ Lv.10 80%
- New: Lv.1 40% ~ Lv.10 112%

Contents Remaining Time Marker
- Content reset timer will be added to each content.

Daily Dungeon Status Marker
- A marker will be added to check on the open status of the daily dungeon.

Soul Crystal Interface
- The Soul Crystal Upgrade menu will be improved for a better usability.

Evil Summoning Stone
- Current number of wave will display on the screen.
- A notice will be added when all monsters get killed.
- A ‘continue’ option will be added to the exit pop-up button.
- An ‘auto-party’ option will be added that comes from the monster which has entered the evil summoning stone.

Soulshots Purchase
- You will able to purchase Soulshots while the Soulshots are activated.

Class Transfer Quest
- You will be able to clear a class transfer quest even if you used all the entry counts into Arena and Daily Dungeon.

Trading Post
- You will be able to trade Grades C-A Soul Crystals in the trading post.

Font
- English, Turkish, and Russian fonts will be improved.

Chatting
- The system time will display based on the device language.
- Prohibited and restricted texts/words will be completed.

Miscellaneous
- Castle Siege tutorial will be deleted when it is your first time entering the game.

4. Changes on Items

Daily Diamond Bundle’s Movement Speed Buff Effect added
- The account’s character that has the Daily Diamond Bundle applied will have a buff effect
※ After 12/13 update, this effect will be immediately applied to all accounts that have already purchased Daily Diamond Bundle before 12/13 update.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004
Not only did I not reroll but I made a char before my main and didn't even benefit from the 1200 red diamonds at all! You'll progress at a casual pace instead of completely steamrolling everything but it becomes less noticeable the higher you get.

Also: a rank ~75ish clan wants to ally and do combined fireplaces at 930 EST on Tues/Thurs, anyone object to that?

Phayray fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Dec 14, 2017

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

Ironsolid posted:

Yay not 1030 anymore!

It hasn't been 10:30 for like a week, we've been doing 9:30 on MWF.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004
Banhammer is officially top 50 on the server! We also just hit clan level 11 so we got 5 more slots for people. Don't forget to max your adena donation every day so we can hopefully participate in fortress siege next week (which requires a 5m+ bid, so we need that :10bux:).

When we fill up and need to kick people, I kick inactive, low-contributors first. If you can't hop on everyday that's fine but you might be better off in the alt clan, BanGavel - we really want to keep the most active, highest-contributing people in Banhammer.

Phayray fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Dec 16, 2017

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

Vulpes posted:

Bought some high-end gear chests from the clan shop but they never showed up in my mail or inventory. Do they just automatically open and give you the item without any notification? Or have they just disappeared?

How many did you buy and what were they?

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

Vulpes posted:

The High-Grade Equipment boxes from the Basic Items tab in the clan shop (the 3 per month ones). I'm assuming they just auto opened and the gear went straight to my inventory, which is fine but I like the suspense of opening them :smith:

Are you sure they're not like the 1-per-day freebie HG boxes where it opens as soon as you buy it with the fancy unveil?

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

NaanViolence posted:

Can I get an invite? My request to join was denied. My name in game is HomelessRandroid

Invited.

Just a heads up, if you apply without posting (or better, coming into the discord and pinging me) you'll probably get rejected because we get a lot of randoms that apply.

Also, please cap your daily adena donation, especially if you're in Banhammer - if you're doing all your daily activities, this really shouldn't be a problem. We won't be able to participate in Fortress Siege at all with our current adena income.

Ditch posted:

Do we have any idea when the level cap goes up? I expect to hit 120 just after New Years, which means I might want to start accumulating subquest scrolls before then.

I heard SEA got the 180 patch about 6-8 weeks after release, so I'm guessing it'll come sometime in January. I don't know exactly how much is different, I don't think URs will even be in yet.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004
Also clan dungeons - we have 6 healing strike pages in Banhammer storage. Not sure how we'll decide how to hand em out!

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004
Now is a good time to start or to create alts (same account or otherwise) - there is an event starting today where you get an R weapon or armor for the first day login. You could just reroll until you get an R weapon, then pull your 10+1 box at level 10 and be off to a strong start regardless of what the 10+1 gives you. There's a new 10+1 box with a guaranteed R in it, one time only - so if you don't get unlucky with double R weapons, you can start with 2 R pieces, which is really nice!

Also note that the 1200 bonus red diamonds at level 10 now applies to every character, even on the same account and server so you get a shot on every character.

Looks like they ninja'd this out with the patch last night! Not sure if it's back to once per account for the 1200 red diamonds or what.

Phayray fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Dec 20, 2017

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004
FistEnergy who are you in game?

Just a heads up, I'm going to be with family until Tuesday, so I won't be on as much/if I am, I'll probably be afk. I assume others will be as well - we can still try to do fireplace at the usual time, but I'm thinking of either switching to Tues/Thurs or making it Mon/Wed because no one is around on Fridays anyway. Then we can just double up on each day and run it twice. Thoughts?

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004
Fireplace and dungeons tonight at 9:30 since yesterday was Christmas if we can get enough people on!

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

BGrifter posted:

What are you guys doing at 120 to stay interested? Lately it feels like I’m just grinding cores for tiny CP increases, combining trying to get the last rare piece of gear I need and not much else.

XP being largely meaningless and the mastery rewards so bad has me feeling kind of directionless and bored.

If I have a minute I'll try to maximize extraction pit by PVPing for big herbs - usually there's a few people at my CP or higher so I actually get a bit of real PVP action. Otherwise, open siege, clan dungeons (we can do more if people actually log on...), and trying out other classes on same-account alts so I also get the bonus.

The mastery store gets some new stuff next patch, and I've heard rumors that the level 180 patch is supposed to come sometime next month based on the SEA schedule, so I'm playing towards that as well.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004
I'm driving 8h tomorrow to visit family for the weekend and will be coming back Tuesday - I won't be around much until then, not even sure I'll be on to do my dailies! Enjoy the holiday everyone!

Starting next week, fireplace and dungeons will be on Tues/Thurs at 930 EST because Wednesday is really bad for me and Friday seems to be terrible for everyone, even this group of antisocial nerds. We'll do 2 fireplace sessions at Banhammer with a possible extra at BanGavel each night followed by dungeons.

Also RIP Inkel, who I hope is still alive and whose DPS will be sorely missed.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

Ironsolid posted:

Do we have an official word on Inkel's status?

He quit to play BDO!

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

Ditch posted:

I hit level 120 yesterday. I've now gone 'over' level 121 and got the next Mastery level (yay...); wondering if, when the level cap goes up, I will instantly get all the level-ups I earned in the meantime. I figured XP would either stop at 120 or at 120.999 rather than rolling over.

You won't instantly get those levels, just mastery tokens; the mastery shop is useless right now but will be better after an update, I think sometime around the 180 cap.

FistEnergy posted:

Boo. I just finished my full Rare set so I no longer need to combine.

Don't forget about limit breaks! You're gonna need a lot of rares.

Phayray fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jan 4, 2018

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

Vulpes posted:

So the freebie box gave my Shillien Knight a loving rare Spear, which is entirely pointless (equipment for your class my rear end). Thankfully I got a rare chest from my combines (on #22 of 22!) so it wasn't a complete disaster.

Just so everyone else is aware - there are different types of boxes. Boxes with Selection let you select an item from a list and boxes marked Exclusive (what Vulpes opened) are a random item but exclusive to your base class. Unfortunately what this means is there are 3 weapon choices for warrior base types like knights/bladedancer - sword/shield, dual swords, and spear and 2 choices for dagger/archer types (dagger and bow, obviously). Mages all use the same rare staff so we will always get something we can use from exclusive boxes.

It's really not a good system and I dunno what you're supposed to do with the useless weapon besides turn it into fodder.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

FistEnergy posted:

Limit Break fodder. It happened to me and you just have to move on.

It has to be the same item (ie. rare spear can only be limit broken by another rare spear) so it's not even useful for that!

edit: I've heard that in some distant future patch SEA or Korea got some sort of bank that's shared across characters on the same account, so in principle you could hold onto it and maybe eventually give it to an alt.

Phayray fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jan 5, 2018

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

FistEnergy posted:

wait I thought limit breaks could be done by any SR rare

Nope, it's gotta be the same item! At least SR grade but level 1 is ok.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

BGrifter posted:

Enhancement past low levels is so awful. Just spent eighty armor scrolls to go from +8 on my robe to... +8. Didn't get a single bump from +8 to +9 in forty attempts. It's a 45% chance to succeed.

You should consider playing the lottery - if the chance really is 45%, the odds of this are 1 in 100 million million. I think both the recent high Powerball and Megamillions jackpots were already won, unfortunately.

Lineage 2 is kind of like a reverse-lottery, where you hit insane odds and all you get is pain and suffering.

Just a heads up, we're working on transitioning Banhammer to be for the most active players - people who play daily and can make the Tues/Thurs dungeons reliably. BanGavel will become the more casual clan instead of just alts, though the leader is not a goon and I think inkel is the only one with powers to accept join requests, so we need someone to replace him, I guess either mine or Valsala's alt (or someone else that's active and wants to do it). Any volunteers? Talked to Nyx and got my alt promoted to 2nd in command so I can handle join requests.

Phayray fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jan 7, 2018

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004
Also: in the interest of getting more pages/clan boss cores, we'll try to do 2 boss runs on each dungeon day. So on Tuesday we'll run VE/E/N/H for both, then reset Normal and Hard. On Wednesday, I'll reset Normal/Hard again so we can run them twice again on Thursday. E/VE aren't really worth resetting since they don't drop pages and don't drop high grade loot boxes (which can give pages and cores). If we can do this successfully, we'll pull in 12 healing strike and meteor storm pages per week, which will be awarded based on level and dungeon participation.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

Valicious posted:

Stopid pvp not being cooperative to people playing with their nose
If we have the RSS, I think we should do dungeons as much as possible. Like multiple resets on Tuesday/Thursday.
As a way to say sorry I left, who's up for a stoner party? Let's pop til we run out.

You can only reset once per day so maximum of 2 runs per dungeon per day, assuming you reset the prior day. As I mentioned before though we'll shoot for VE/E/N/H for Vark and Ant on Tuesday, reset N/H, then do N/H twice on Thursday.

If we can sustain these dungeon clears we'll be in pretty good shape - 12 HS/MS pages per week is awesome. Compared to less casual clans, the only thing we'll really be missing is fortress siege.

Phayray fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jan 8, 2018

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

Valicious posted:

Fortress should be a goal after the restructuring to make Banhammer the non-casual clan. Plus getting our members 2nd rare skills etc.

We are not going to be able to compete for fortress unless we turn into a super hardcore clan. Fortress clans on Giran01 - which is one of the more competitive servers - are fielding 30+ 120s that are consistent/reliable and use discord. They also reset dungeons daily. Non-casual is one thing but fortress-fighting clan is a whole other thing.

I would like Banhammer to be full of active players interested in progressing but this is not a hardcore clan, in part because I'm not interested in and don't have time to run a clan like that, and in part because it would end up being 2-3 goons maybe and the rest pubbies, which...defeats the point of a goon clan.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

BGrifter posted:

So you’re saying I quit my job and bought this Costco crate of poop socks for nothing?

Yeah you shoulda bought the crate of enhance scrolls!

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

My guess is the middle of next week, maybe the Tuesday or Wednesday reset will come with the patch as well.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004
Also note that there are two parts to the patch notes, with part 2 probably coming in a few days. Wonder if we are getting PvE rares as well.

My understanding is that they increase the rare combine rate overall since there will be 2 sets you can get out of it. Kind of thinking PvE rares are in part 2, it would make a sort of sense with the combine event right before the patch, encouraging you to get your PvP rares now before the RNG fucks you with only PvE rares forever!

Phayray fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jan 11, 2018

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004
Looks like they changed the wording in the 180 update announcement from "mid-January" to "the latter half of January" so no guarantee we'll get it next week, RIP. More time to prepare, however - save your daily Einhasad pots, your A grade scroll boxes, and your SP going forward so you can get a good head start.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

i poop fire posted:

I've been selling the enhance/upgrade/summoning things I get while grinding on the trading post. I'm level 61 and my gear is all whatever S/R random nonsense I picked up, is there anything I should spend the blue diamonds on? Or should I just sit on them for later.

This is a good move, and for anyone that doesn't know - if you're F2P, sell all of your tradeable enhance scrolls and Maphr's (I keep upgrade stones because I need them so badly) on the trading post. Check to see how many are at min price - I think for accessory enhance scrolls you can go a bit above minimum since they're high demand, but I think I do minimum for everything else.

Then, go to Shop -> Collector Shop -> Login Diamond. It's 2k red diamonds for 1k blue diamonds and you should have this constantly going if possible. By selling only enhance scrolls and farming AFK overnight I can sustain the 1k blue diamonds a week as I typically get ~200 worth of blue diamonds a night. With the 2k red diamonds per week, plus the login bonuses/other various sources of red diamonds (such as dailies, arena ranking reward, etc), I'm able to support double resets on upgrade stone days for the daily dungeon and double subquest scroll resets everyday, plus 2-3 arena resets past the usual 5.

Also note that on the 7th day of the login reward, you can collect the reward, exit the shop, then go back into it to start the next one - so you collect 200 for day 7, then 600 + 200 for day 1 of the next one.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004
:tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil: Unsubstantiated conspiracy theory-type information incoming! Take this post with an enormous grain of salt! :tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

Since Hulkbuster asked - there is a belief within certain circles that scrolling text increases enhance/loot box chances. That is, when you see text scrolling across the top of your screen saying "SoAndSo successfully enhanced <item> to +15 (or higher)," then you receive increased chances during the scroll period. There are a bunch of variations on the theory with different degrees of specificity, with the parameters being: when you open the forge (many say you can't open the forge until the text starts scrolling), whether or not the person succeeded or failed, the slot (and if you should do the same slot), or the exact item (and if you should do the exact same item). All of them agree that you must press the combine button before the text is finished. As far as I know there's no empirical data substantiating this and no attempt to really gather it due to the many slight variations.

Because we're on one of the more populated and whale-ridden servers, if you're patient, it may be worth doing. If it works, you increase your odds, and if it doesn't, you haven't really lost anything except time and maybe your sanity. We get scrolling text very regularly and sometimes you'll catch SkeletonJack or Regan bashing their credit card into the game for 15 straight minutes, giving you plenty of opportunities. I've personally had great luck using this "trick" with my weapon, going from +12 to +20 without any failures, however it could just be that - good luck, with a note that the odds of doing this were about 1.5% (12+1+1+1+2+3, with the last 3 being blessed enhances). I've also had exceptionally bad A+A combine luck so maybe it's just the universe evening things out, who knows!

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004
Like I said it's totally unsubstantiated and a bit counter-intuitive that Netmarbles would put anything in their game that might reduce your compulsion to pull out your wallet. When I've done it I'm on my inventory screen already anyway when the text pops up, either because I'm AFK/semi-AFK farming and my auto-sell macro is running (and leaving it on inventory mitigates the Ericka Problem) or I'm running dailies and managing the pile of daily garbage I collect.

Reminds me of my FFXI days re: crazy conspiracy theory RNG things.

I'm just happy to hit +20 with my weapon so I can spam the server with scrolling failure text like the big boys.

Phayray fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jan 16, 2018

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

J3ng4 posted:

I just picked this game up yesterday. It should soothe my MMO needs with my super limited time.

I started and Elf Warrior and I just hit 10. I pulled an A rank sword and shield out of my level 10 box. I was thinking of going Sword Singer mostly because I like buffing and "bard" themed classes. Should I worry about not getting a good or even useful pull from this box? Should I even think about playing SWS if I'll primarily be dicking around solo (unless my schedule syncs up with you guys). I read they aren't that great but as long as I can still be useful I don't mind being suboptimal. I already claimed the 300 red crystal reward on this character but if that's not a big deal and you guys have a recommendation for a better class the I'm for it.

IGN: Pheart

Just play whatever you find fun/interesting, you'll get gear eventually. When you do the class transfer quest at 31 you get an S-grade weapon selection box so you're guaranteed to get something for your class regardless. I've had poo poo luck on combines, not getting 3/4 of my armor rares and my rare weapon until after I hit 120 - you can do just fine without them as you progress through the story.

General equipment strategy, assuming you're not rerolling for a specific weapon or whaling out:
-At 31, pick the weapon that has the attribute that gives bonus damage vs elite monsters. For dual swords, this is Dual Sword of Revolution, or Scorpion if you're going with a spear. I have no clue how spear vs dual swords works out for Swordsinger, though that might be something worth researching. Focus on leveling this weapon up to SR level 30 with as many enhances as you can shove into it - this weapon will always be useful. The only time you should not focus on this weapon is if you luck out and pull a rare weapon out of the monthly login reward or some other random box. Once it's SR level 30, put your weapon fodder into A+A combines, and once you pull a rare, focus on that.
-Combine your armor up to R - that is, get it to A30, combine, get it to S30, then combine again. Make sure whatever slot you desire is on the left (ie. if you want gloves, combine A30 gloves with any other A30 gear, but put the gloves on the left to get gloves back out). That gives you 2 shots at a rare for each slot and saves you 30 upgrade stones, which you'll be hurting for later. If you don't pull a rare, leave your armor at R level 1 with +7 enhances, then start working on A+A combines to get a rare.
-Also make sure the armor type you want is on the left - if you want a plate-type rare, the left side of the combine should be blue wolf or nightmare for whatever slot you're trying to get.
-Rares have 20% more base stats than non-rare equipment so once you get a piece, focus on that over whatever you're wearing.

Reminder that this "theory" is like blowing on dice at a craps table and almost certainly pure confirmation bias. Don't expect anything!

Phayray fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jan 16, 2018

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

J3ng4 posted:

Just pulled an R Dual Swords of Revolution.
I applied to Bangavel since I was too low for Banhammer.

Thanks for all the tips.

If you decide you enjoy it and will keep playing actively, let me know and I can lower the req for Banhammer so we can get you in.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004
For those not aware, the 180 patch is officially dropping on the 23rd, probably at or around reset time, so it's a good idea to pool some resources if you're 120 - red diamonds for resets, exp pots, stuff like that.

Also if we get some people on we might try to run dungeons tonight, probably around the usual time.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004
The 180 patch maintenance is tonight from 9 PM to 4 AM EST (assuming it doesn't go over). As a result, dungeons and FP are canceled tonight and we can double up on Thursday. Unfortunate timing but that's Netmarble!

My favorite part is some people are extremely salty, saying they stayed up for the reset and took the day off even though they hadn't announced the maintenance time yet.

Also getting the rest of the parts for my new machine today so it'll give me time to get that going - gonna be so nice to replace this 8 year old box and the Radeon HD 5850...

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

FunkMonkey posted:

Guess I'll stick with my strategy of just grabbing 20 normals and getting the hell out for now.

If people are being especially lovely, give one of us a shout in chat and maybe we can help. Nyx and I went in and wrecked some face so fartpuzzle could farm peacefully the other day.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004
If people hop on tonight, we're gonna try to run dungeons, around the usual time of 9 or 930 EST, since we missed Tuesday due to the patch.

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

Valicious posted:

Did you guys end up doing this? I passed out hard, barely finished hot time before reset.

I asked and no one was around so nope - would like to do it tonight though before we overflow on wood!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phayray
Feb 16, 2004

Ditch posted:

I had thought one could use non-rare equipment towards limit-breaking or attribute enhancement, but I guess not? So are they just upgrade fodder once you have a rare of that type??

Limit breaking requires the same exact equipment, SR level 1. So if you have Dominus Gloves (rare) SR30, you need level 1 SR-grade Dominus Gloves to limit break them.

Attribute enhancement only requires matching attribute, so any rare armor can be used to attribute enhance any other rare armor since they all have PVP -damage attributes.

If you've got a rare for that slot, non-rare armor is useless for the time being. I think eventually you can deconstruct it to get materials for UR upgrades or something but that's a long ways away.

• Locked thread