Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Got myself a nice Couch strap for my F, but what's the best way to tie it around the scroll without it looking so janky? I know nothing about knots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Curling my fingers around the pick has been my biggest challenge coming from playing guitars for many years where I anchor my pinky against the body. I've gotten much better at control but the current challenge is getting a good chop sound which I find is difficult with that pick hold.

Speaking of picks, I bought a three pack of Dunlop Americana (rounded triangle) because I thought the shape would help my pick hold, but they're like 3.0 and I'm getting crazy pick/string noise. I have a stubby that's 2.0 that I assume is the more optimal thickness?

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Any tips for extraneous string noise? I think I hear a G sounding a lot when I'm picking.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

It's more like the G strings are vibrating and sounding through the body faintly while I'm picking on the E strings. There's a fair bit of extra noise while I'm playing, but I think I'm primarily hearing a G. I've seen some guitarists put a scrunchie around the nut I think to help mute extra string noise.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

I brought up the pinky question to my guitar teacher way back when I was in high school and he said to "use it to my advantage." :shrug: