Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Sup mandogoons?

So I’ve got this Washburn I’ve been tooling around on for a bit, still pretty green but I’m having a great time teaching myself. But I’d like to get some lessons.

Maybe a longshot since there’s not a whole lot of people in this thread it seems, and y’all seem way beyond my skill level, but by chance have any of you tried out ArtistWorks? Saw Mike Marshall gives lessons there and he’s awesome. I was thinking of giving it a go since in-person lessons aren’t an option for me atm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
MandoLessons is all right, definitely checked it out. But I was wanting some actual dialog and review, which Mike offers through ArtistWorks via video exchange. There’s intricacies of technique I want to make sure I’m getting right while I’m still green, you know?

Thanks for the reply. I’ll go for it. He’s a fantastic player and seems like a nice dude. I think it’ll be worth it.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
So I know the go-to take is going to be lessons and review buuuuut….

From back when I posted, I ended up diving in. And maybe I just over-practiced, but I got some really bad RSI, tendon that runs down from the thumb on my fretting hand. Commonplace wisdom is if it hurts, stop, so I did. Now I want to pick it back up, so do you guys have any general advice for avoiding RSI? Like common pitfalls and so on?