Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I've worked through the Murphy Method videos and found them great to get a foothold on the mandolin. They aren't for high falootin' music learning but focus on simple tunes and playing by ear only, no sheet or tab. It's helped me a lot to be ready to jam with others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Does anyone reading this have an electric mandolin / mandolin with pickups and care to share a review? I'm thinking about taking the plunge although I love my Epiphone starter mando.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Coohoolin posted:

I play an Eastwood, if you'd like an example... I'm on the new Toxik Ephex album, "Immune To The Media", available on Spotify and Bandcamp!

I'm gonna check it out!

Also, my strap slipped off the peg tonight at a jam and welp

It's split almost in two. RIP my first mando

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

This is the fretting I use, I find it much easier than the one you're doing.