Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I bought an Eastman MD305 at the beginning of this year after having been away from playing music since I was a teenager (piano for ten years). I cannot overstate how much joy this little instrument has brought me in these months.

Near-term goals are a little easier to hash out given that I've got so many fundamentals to practice, but in terms of the future I have no idea how to focus. I want to play Irish, klezmer, bluegrass, country, classical...I suppose there are worse problems to have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I went and saw Sierra Hull and Justin Moses on Wednesday night and holy cow, they are so talented. This piece just blew me away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO6tn6g8098

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Started to try to learn b minor chord and I just can’t seem to get a clean sound on the e string with my index on the a and e second fret when I reach with my ring finger to fret the fourth fret on the G string no matter how much I squeeze. Is it just building muscle in that position at this point?

Not sure it would help the strength of your 1 but I use my middle finger to fret the G string on that chord.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
My pinky's still a little loser too but it's definitely improved with scale exercises. It's also helped to mentally/physically prime it for that seventh fret as early as I can, the big challenge being that it sort of flies away from the neck when I'm fretting with my 2. The thing that still feels way out of reach is a smooth pull-off (can barely manage a bad version), but I don't know how often that's going to come up for the time being.

You got this, partner.