Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

So what should a new player roll on if not the discount new player pulls? Anything good up now or coming soon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I got a da vinci brush, chocobo brush, and wizer rod - guessing these are good then?

And with those being pretty much my only relics, who would be better to focus on, Aeris or Relm?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Can I just safely sell all those trash 1 and 2 star items or should I be keeping them for something? There's a combine option but that doesn't let me do anything with them that I can find.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Darksteel dagger, Giant's axe, Ragnarok - good stuff I hope?

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Dec 25, 2017

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Does the JP stuff mean we'll get it this new year (1st of Jan?) too or is there some kind of delay?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

With just 100 mythril I'm planning to pull on the banner with all the Cloud stuff cause that has the most characters I actually know/like. But is it even really possible to catch up without spending real :20bux:? Reading up on the meta elsewhere sounds like I'm already screwed for not having some kind of wall grimoire and shout skill anyway. :(

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Probably a dumb question but can you link/backup your account to anything other than facebook? Or is it already tied to my email anyway?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I know apple automatically saves your profile to game center .

Didn't have that activated, have now so cheers!

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

On one hand... that khinari bracelett and two of the same Zack’s burst sword. But also both Tidus’s chain and burst so overall I think I came ahead. :D

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

So with Tidus water chain... do I just load him (and the rest of the team?) up with the highest star water spells I can craft or...?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Isn't he getting something even better soon-ish anyway? Saw on reddit a new tier of soul breaks (break damage cap & multi hit) are coming.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Going by this: http://dirge.tv/ffrk/event-list/, I'll want to pull on those anniversary 1 & 4 banners. Approx how much mythtil can I expect to stockpile by march?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Isn’t onion knight’s gimmick that he’s unusably bad till lvl90+ or so? Probably a good future investment though.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Well then since you all convinced me to save for onion dude, that makes my final haul from the fest: Tidus chain & burst, Edge burst, Khimari ultra, Fujin burst, Zack burst and Alpiwhatever burst. And before that from the luckies I got Relm super and ultra, Aeris Burst - Gaffgarion burst - Lion Ultra, Porom burst & Cecil overstrike.

Bummer about no Cloud ubs... :( Tidus is kind of saving it though, he's been tearing stuff up and Edge tends to finish of whatever Tidus doesn't for now.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Am I assuming right that this might be a guaranteed way for someone to grab wall/shout etc?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

For getting carried through raids as per the op - when I tried this folks just enter then leave my room. Is some base level required/expected after all, or are there some newbie raids I should look for instead?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I probably shouldn't even bother with those half off nightmare dungeons without at least a max level party, right?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Exvius seems worse just because half the cast seem to be original characters - when the big appeal of this kind of game is the nostalgia of getting to use your favorite FF heroes.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

First pull gave me two dupes of Refia's record materia with nothing else. :cry: Stubbornly decided to do at least one more and...

I think that paid off at least somewhat. Now to level up this dude.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

fridge corn posted:

Where do I get onion motes again???

The accompanying event drops a bunch, also seen some in the fat bird store.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Speaking of record diving - which of his...subclasses? (knight, warrior etc) should I train on onion? Or is this a thing where I'll get all of them eventually?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I actually considered farming up mythril to try get another refia relic to go with her materia - but I’m probably better off just saving that at this point. On the hand ok usb means I won’t have to chase Ramza’s shout+ on that tactics banner...

Think I see how people get hooked on this kind of gatcha crap, pulling (especially if you get something cool) is weirdly fun. :D

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Neutral Zone Trap posted:

Does anyone want a review of Sunday's water banner despite it being old stuff?

Not old stuff for me so I'd read it, considering a pull on that to get my Tidus mvp some synergy. :D

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

These are really useful and fun to read, appreciate the effort. :eng101: This is getting one last pull before starting to save for the anniversary, then.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Nope onion event only gives II. One of the great hunt event bosses (red dragon) gives you a universal III memory lode though.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

I got the Yuffie BSB and USB combo. Could have done with some water boost but don't mind, Yuffie's cool and it gives me more stuff to spam while chain is up.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Are the magitice bosses actually timed below the 30/60, or are people trying to "shave off seconds" just for fun/challenge/bragging rights?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Probably won't be crafting this one, but first nightmare boss down. :toot:

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Does she need relics for that or just legend diving her?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Might be worth it for the OK materia if you have his USB?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Also note (as per reddit), there might be another LM pick banner coming with the 3rd aniv, along with an BSB and OBS pick gem only banner.

I’m skipping this one, was eyeing the Tidus lm but below poster makes a good case against that. Could grab Relm or Edge lm but eh... rather save 30e for fest stuff.

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 10:08 on Jan 22, 2018

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

It's for the LM pick, if you get anything actually good from the pull itself that's just a bonus I'd think.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Seems like this “power creep” is what allows new or lapsed players to cach up and participate though, so it’s not all bad.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Tidus lmr aside (which seems to come back on at least three future banners anyway), folks on reddit are really hipping Edge’s ssb - is it really that essential to have for high end content?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

One more down. :toot:

Tried to take on neo bahamut next but that didn't go well at all... attacks barely scratch him, do I need to take magic against him?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

It's not terrible past 95, that's his gimmick. Until then just use growth eggs.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Any reason they haven’t? All they neeed to do is translate stuff, right?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Washout posted:

Check with someone before pulling anything anywhere. I think you should save up 150 mithril for the FFT event that's coming soon.

Plus the fest a month or so after that.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Has his Chain, not USB. Still looks like a great banner, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Power up dungeons - do I do anything special to magic pots, or just beat them up?

• Locked thread