Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

And Alabama too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
mizzou btich

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Does anyone not think that Oklahoma-Clemson is the final, and that Oklahoma is gonna transform that into a shootout, and nobody's winning a shootout with Oklahoma.

Oklahoma made an exceptional defense built to beat Oklahoma look like loving trash

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Since 2003, Ohio State has played in six Fiesta Bowls, and a BCS championship in the Fiesta Bowl's stadium.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

iospace posted:

And Alabama too

:yeah:

also Clemson one another ACC championship and thats cool

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Does anyone not think that Oklahoma-Clemson is the final, and that Oklahoma is gonna transform that into a shootout, and nobody's winning a shootout with Oklahoma.

Venables has OKs number

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
https://twitter.com/CFBONFOX/status/937063988638113792

https://twitter.com/TFB_Sooners/status/937076957908488196

https://twitter.com/UofOklahoma/status/937105243313201152

https://twitter.com/soonergridiron/status/937067167769645056

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Oh well. Now we get all the sports writers jerking themselves off about Wisconsin.

Now watch us get paired with UCF.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Oklahoma made an exceptional defense built to beat Oklahoma look like loving trash

Oklahoma will be destroyed by either of UGA, Alabama, or Clemson.

welwala harris
Jan 28, 2005

i will be happy to read other people saying this, but there is no way i'm gonna make a confident prediction against clemson because they give me the ptsd

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

lamentable dustman posted:

Venables has OKs number
Have you seen Oklahoma's offense?

It's, uhh

loving terrifying

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

i tried to get my hopes up for something in this dark timeline and I was a fool for doing it

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
My body is ready for Iowa State Transitive National Champion

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

moldovan scullery posted:

i will be happy to read other people saying this, but there is no way i'm gonna make a confident prediction against clemson because they give me the ptsd

Extremely same. I wanted them to lose today purely so we wouldnt have to play them.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Mr. Despair posted:

i tried to get my hopes up for something in this dark timeline and I was a fool for doing it

:same:

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon
I just dont see any way Clemson doesnt win this whole thing again.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

At least now I can focus back on the hockey team since the basketball team turned into a tire fire the size of Knoxville right now.

Until the bowl anyway.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
gently caress tOSU for putting Bama back in the playoff

Wisconsin you had one job

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I could be gently caress you rich if i was betting heavily against what I want to happen in CFB every week

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

shirts and skins posted:

Two of the touchdowns that OSU scored were because of blown tackles.

:cripes:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao at whatever the playoff committee comes up with

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
https://twitter.com/chrisfallica/status/937188716291985408

:laffo: let's do this

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

shirts and skins posted:

Why does Bama have more rights than Wisconsin? They both lost to the only decent team they played, but undefeated otherwise. At least the Badgers lost to a 2 loss team instead of a 3 one, and made it to its conference final.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

OperaMouse posted:

Why does Bama have more rights than Wisconsin? They both lost to the only decent team they played, but undefeated otherwise. At least the Badgers lost to a 2 loss team instead of a 3 one, and made it to its conference final.

Because ~Alabama~.

That's it.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
If OSU ends up 5th it will be a reminder that the playoffs should never be expanded beyond four teams.

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

OperaMouse posted:

It just means more.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

OperaMouse posted:

$$$

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Oklahoma scored 79 points in two games against TCU this season. Combined, all 11 of TCU's other opponents scored 150.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

I mean if they hadn't pissed around against Wazzu they'd be in easily and there'd be no OSU/Bama debate whatsoever.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Wouldn't mind this just to see how many times Sam Darnold could turn the ball over in 60 minutes against Clemson.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

gently caress OU and gently caress Georgia.

That is all.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

gently caress OU and gently caress Georgia.

gonna agree with this but I also want to add this: gently caress every team except my team

also gently caress my team

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxzvbfou2yc

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

No way Bama gets in over OSU. OSU is a cleaner less messy route for the committee, and they still get big time money.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Seaniqua posted:

gonna agree with this but I also want to add this: gently caress every team except my team

also gently caress my team
gently caress everybody.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Smiling Mandrill posted:

No way Bama gets in over OSU. OSU is a cleaner less messy route for the committee, and they still get big time money.

I'll take OSU over Bama.

Because gently caress Bama more.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Counterpoint: OSU got in last year on the same basic logic and got boatraced by Clemson for a super boring game (yes seeing OSU get boatraced is fun but they want awesome games) and Clemson is going to be the 1 which means they can do the Bama rubber match not rear end Whooping v2.0.

The other game is already going to be UGA vs OU, the committee is simply sitting down to decide who plays Clemson.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Big Piece O Shit
Jan 30, 2006

lmao if you think the committee is going to pick the more deserving team rather than the politically and financially expedient team

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Smiling Mandrill posted:

t w o
l o s s e s

No way they leap over Bama, Bama's brand will get them in (their schedule sure as hell shouldn't).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

saban seems like a way nicer dude than meyer

gently caress bucky

• Locked thread