Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

Lets just hope this all leads to an 8 team playoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Piece O Shit
Jan 30, 2006

we had an 8-team playoff

ZeroPrimal
Feb 24, 2010

The slave becomes the master.

Zoran posted:

Extremely same. I wanted them to lose today purely so we wouldn’t have to play them.

They have to get that monkey off their back sometime. I really like where Reilly has this team headed. Figured we'd nosedive after Stoops left.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

here's my hot take: the entire big10 is perpetually overrated and thus Alabama should get in because in ohio state's one chance to prove otherwise they got clowned on by oklahoma at home, and then they lost to iowa by 30, also. A two loss big10 team with 0 out of conference wins of significance doesn't go to the playoffs, in my book

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Smiling Mandrill posted:

Lets just hope this all leads to an 8 team playoff.

Then OSU and Alabama can both get in every year forever.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

The Twinkie Czar posted:

Then OSU and Alabama can both get in every year forever.

Im OK with this.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

This should be about best match ups and Clemson/Bama has good results. I think Saban getting beat by Dabo again will generate good money and should happen.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

UCF is more qualified than bama or osu

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Let's go the opposite direction and put the Cleveland Browns at #4.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Go.

Tigers.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
If UCF gets paired against any decent competition in their bowl game they will be ripe for an upset. I'm sure Frost cares a shitload about the team and players but the reality is this next month is about to be a complete living hell for him from preparing for the bowl to the media to finding his NU staff to calling NU recruits to just preparing to uproot his life and move halfway across the country.

If they were put in the CFP Clemson would loving destroy them, even more than if Frost wasn't changing jobs.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Clemson's going to put any team across the field in a blender. An OU/UGA game should be p drat good. The OU Clemson finals will be lit af.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
God, I hate three of the four teams in the playoffs (that goes whether Ohio State or Alabama makes the cut) and the only team I don't hate, I don't want to win just on principle of not wanting anyone to get back-to-back nattys.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’m an OSU fan and I’d just put UCF in. Ohio State got stomped by loving Iowa and Bama’s best two wins are LSU and Miss St and they still schedule garbage like Mercer.

Give the little guy a chance.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Flip a coin and put in either USC or UCF.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Pakled posted:

God, I hate three of the four teams in the playoffs (that goes whether Ohio State or Alabama makes the cut) and the only team I don't hate, I don't want to win just on principle of not wanting anyone to get back-to-back nattys.

Root for Baker Mayfield to plant the flag again at the national title game

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
The Finebaum Show is gonna be :discourse: if Bama misses out on the 4th spot to a 2-loss Ohio State team that lost to Iowa by 31.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Presumably this is because OU still gives a full ride to any National Merit Scholar who applies. Weird: it's almost like money talks.

SmellsLikeToast
Dec 30, 2005

A GREATER MAN THAN I DESERVE

Alaois posted:

Kirby Smart just can't coach his guys to win the big game, smdh

Go Dawgs.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Not gonna lie I'd love to see 1. Clemson vs 4. Bama in NOLA and 2/3 OU/UGA in Pasadena. We'd get a rematch of Bama-Clemson (which have been really good games) but for a semifinal this time.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Incoherence posted:

Presumably this is because OU still gives a full ride to any National Merit Scholar who applies. Weird: it's almost like money talks.

It's basically a meme at this point thanks to Dan Boren.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Not gonna lie I'd love to see 1. Clemson vs 4. Bama in NOLA and 2/3 OU/UGA in Pasadena. We'd get a rematch of Bama-Clemson (which have been really good games) but for a semifinal this time.

Please don't wish for more Bama fans in New Orleans. They're already here near-daily and are largely lovely tippers.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Death to Ohio State

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
I guess I want Ohio State in more since that would prolly give us more sad Urban memes.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
cant wait 2 lose 2 clemson

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I absolutely cannot loving stand the idea of back-to-back Clemson titles. I don't even care that I'll also hate the other three teams involved, I just need someone to prevent that reality.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

RumbleFish posted:

I absolutely cannot loving stand the idea of back-to-back Clemson titles. I don't even care that I'll also hate the other three teams involved, I just need someone to prevent that reality.

:same: but Ole Miss. Of course I'm still waiting for them to win their first one in order to let my hatred really come to a boil.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I still can't believe Georgia beat Auburn by 21 in the SEC Championship and is going to the playoff.

Holy gently caress I keep mouthing it to myself and it's still not real, even though I see this picture of Quavo and try and convince myself

HOTLANTA MAN fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Dec 3, 2017

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
The committee last week said that Bama and OSU had pretty much no separation so get ready for OSU at #4 since they value conference championships a lot.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I went on a big ten bar crawl yesterday and wound up hanging out and doing shots with Tim motherfucking Dwight, the world is amazing.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Iowa, Wazzu, Syracuse, Iowa State to the playoffs.

Who says no?

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Cheering for Wisconsin is like watching the nihilistic version of an 80's movie of the scrubs versus the rich kids.

The scrubs use all their moxie and grit and 2-star recruits to make it to the Big Game, and then get loving demolished by the 5-star rich kid team, and also now the scrub qb kid's mom has breast cancer.

This was part 22. I keep watching, mostly out of morbid curiosity. The worst one was the year where our offense actually got good but the writers got lazy and used the hail mary ending against us twice, like we weren't going to notice.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

C2C - 2.0 posted:

:same: but Ole Miss. Of course I'm still waiting for them to win their first one in order to let my hatred really come to a boil.

Wait, the team you're doing anything to prevent getting a championship is Ole Miss? Uhh then I have good news, you're not going to have to worry about that for a few years.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
N: hangover

V: hangover

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I would put in USC but it is going to be Ohio State.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

If UCF gets paired against any decent competition in their bowl game they will be ripe for an upset. I'm sure Frost cares a shitload about the team and players but the reality is this next month is about to be a complete living hell for him from preparing for the bowl to the media to finding his NU staff to calling NU recruits to just preparing to uproot his life and move halfway across the country.

If they were put in the CFP Clemson would loving destroy them, even more than if Frost wasn't changing jobs.

Not that it is totally the same, but part of Kirby coming to UGA was that he was going to coach in any playoff/championship games while recruiting and putting together his staff for UGA. He did say it was really hard to manage, but it can be done.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

shirts and skins posted:

t w o
l o s s e s

No way they leap over Bama, Bama's brand will get them in (their schedule sure as hell shouldn't).

Including getting blown out to Iowa. If the committee held out Penn State last year for the same standard of two loses--one blowout--then Ohio State should also be held out.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Clemson boatraced OSU last year and would boatrace OSU or Bama this year so it doesn't matter all that much imo

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

Rad Valtar posted:

The committee last week said that Bama and OSU had pretty much no separation so get ready for OSU at #4 since they value conference championships a lot.
Also worth noting (amazingly) is that Alabama's rear end-pull "third top 25 win" Fresno State lost and will fall out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

SpiritualDeath posted:

Also worth noting (amazingly) is that Alabama's rear end-pull "third top 25 win" Fresno State lost and will fall out.

Also Ohio State had 2 top ten wins vs Bamas 0. The committee is pretty much worthless so get ready for chaos.

• Locked thread