Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Straight from Houston PD, because I didn't trust that that guy wasn't jumping the gun or trying to kill the search for whatever reason:

https://twitter.com/houstonpolice/status/950375440065187840

Fantastic news. Hopefully she's really unharmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Thank God, I hope more details come out because this whole situation is so bizarre

Edit: Lmao @ her being found wearing a camouflage jacket though

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jan 8, 2018

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Korranus posted:

ESPN has an interest in limiting the field too. More playoff games means spending more money that ESPN does not have.

Wait, you think more games means ESPN loses money?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Korranus posted:

ESPN has an interest in limiting the field too. More playoff games means spending more money that ESPN does not have.

ESPN gets decent ratings from G5 vs G5 bowls. That's not an issue.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

iospace posted:

ESPN gets decent ratings from G5 vs G5 bowls. That's not an issue.

I think he means there's a straight-up cash flow problem at ESPN. The contract for an expanded playoff might be more than ESPN can handle, even if they are meeting ratings targets.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

PostNouveau posted:

I think he means there's a straight-up cash flow problem at ESPN. The contract for an expanded playoff might be more than ESPN can handle, even if they are meeting ratings targets.

Easy fix. Move the championship game back to network tv

It probably should be there anyway for the long term health of the sport.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Korranus posted:

They have lots of money and viewership was up this because they have the rights to live events like the playoffs that draw huge ratings. They aren't in danger of going bankrupt or something they just stopped growing as much as they were. All the cuts are to non live event stuff.

gaj70 posted:

Easy fix. Move the championship game back to network tv

It probably should be there anyway for the long term health of the sport.

The network that would have it is part of the same company

MourningView fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Jan 8, 2018

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

MourningView posted:

The network that would have it is part of the same company

Not to mention there's been a pretty deliberate effort to move sports off of ABC

I'm just speculating that ESPN is under a lot of pressure to control costs since they are losing their non sports fan subscribers (a cool and good thing), and that an expanded playoff is inevitably an extra cost so they're not going to want that.

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jan 8, 2018

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Go Dawgs. They've made it through the end-stage battles, now it's time for the final boss.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I thought that A&M lady was dead for sure, that’s fantastic that she’s okay

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
She was found buried under a collapsed bonfire

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Bama probably not going to be able to stop the run with all those hurt LBs. UGA by 20.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

They found her car with her phone/wallet/purse around midnight and they found her under an overpass around 6am so who knows if she's actually okay

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well now I feel bad about making a joke. Hopefully it wasn't as bad as it seems.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

They found her at Chick-Fil-A.

#itjustmeansmore

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

They found her under an overpass and brought her to the Chikfila nearby to check for injuries I think? Like I said the story gets weirder and weirder

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Blitz7x posted:

They found her car with her phone/wallet/purse around midnight and they found her under an overpass around 6am so who knows if she's actually okay

By “ok” I just mean “not a cadaver,” to be fair

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Either she got kidnapped or had a schizophrenic break neither being good options

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Why not drive to a police station or firehouse?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

an adult beverage posted:

Why not drive to a police station or firehouse?

maybe she was hungry

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Fun Emron Fact: Natalee Holloway was going to be in my graduating class at UA. I was in the fancy brand new dorm on campus, and apparently she was scheduled to be in it, too, because her parents came and set up her room and everything in the hopes she’d be found. It was loving depressing

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Emron posted:

Fun Emron Fact: Natalee Holloway was going to be in my graduating class at UA. I was in the fancy brand new dorm on campus, and apparently she was scheduled to be in it, too, because her parents came and set up her room and everything in the hopes she’d be found. It was loving depressing

Jesus christ that's sad.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Blitz7x posted:

They found her under an overpass and brought her to the Chikfila nearby to check for injuries I think?

Depends on the outlet. One says someone called 911 at the underpass, another says she turned up at Chick-Fil-A and Chick-Fil-A called the police. Nothing is (or will ever be made) official. This whole story is weird and maybe A&M just needs to self-report a secondary violation just for safety's sake.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Deadulus posted:

Jesus christ that's sad.

Yeah. I always wondered who came to take it back down, and when. Packing it back up would be admitting she was gone.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Some say that room in Riverside is still there, covered in monogrammed poo poo...

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Hustlin Floh posted:

Some say that room in Riverside is still there, covered in monogrammed poo poo...

Honestly, maybe it is. Some weird sepulcher forcing rich kids to be down a roommate for all of time. The Haunting Of Natalee Holloway

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Blitz7x posted:

Wonder if there's any history of mental illness

edit: not trying to do an on-brand "being weird about women" thing, just doesn't seem to add up to an abduction, not that I know anything. I figure we'll find out though. Glad she's safe now regardless.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jan 8, 2018

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
friendly reminder we have been in six Natl championship games in 9 years and your team will never do that ever

Roll

drat

Tide

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Korranus posted:

Depends on the outlet. One says someone called 911 at the underpass, another says she turned up at Chick-Fil-A and Chick-Fil-A called the police. Nothing is (or will ever be made) official. This whole story is weird and maybe A&M just needs to self-report a secondary violation just for safety's sake.

Might as well as pay Jimbo his money and just fold the whole program and abolish the Corps while you are at it. Just to be sure.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Scionix posted:

friendly reminder we have been in six Natl championship games in 9 years and your team will never do that ever

Roll

drat

Tide

if saban had beaten clemson last year he'd have had 5 titles in 10 years at bama, now he's never going to get to 50% or greater of titles vs seasons coached

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://twitter.com/Bachscore/status/950413423229194241

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Bill Walton was on San Diego radio today and said he didn't know who was playing in the title game tonight. Then when he found out Georgia was playing, said the only thing he knew about Georgia was Herschel Walker and Jimmy Carter.

I can't wait for the Bill Walton megacast

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

a neat cape posted:

Bill Walton was on San Diego radio today and said he didn't know who was playing in the title game tonight. Then when he found out Georgia was playing, said the only thing he knew about Georgia was Herschel Walker and Jimmy Carter.

Bill Walton is a national treasure.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/Morgan_Moriarty/status/950425789266382848

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

a neat cape posted:

Is it confirmed that Bill Walton is on the megacast again this year? If so, I know what I'm watching.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

See, this is how you do it:

https://twitter.com/GaTechPD/status/950413633594560512

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

mastershakeman posted:

if saban had beaten clemson last year he'd have had 5 titles in 10 years at bama, now he's never going to get to 50% or greater of titles vs seasons coached

Nick Saban is washed up, time for him to resign imo.

a neat cape posted:

said the only thing he knew about Georgia was Herschel Walker and Jimmy Carter.

:same:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Behead all so-called GT fans who support UGA in this game

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
lol @ all the shook rear end Florida fans rooting for Georgia

I would root for the Khmer rouge over Auburn, tennessee, a&m, or oklahoma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU