Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
lmao did we cover that someone thought it was a good idea to have Art Briles speak at the American Football Coaches Association convention in Charlotte about Title IX policies. Thankfully someone realized this rear end in a top hat shouldn't ever be given a platform again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I mentioned it during my usual bad posting

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
This game is stupid and shouldn't be played.

Yeah I'm gonna go to the bar and watch it but I'm not rooting for either team and I hope the stadium collapses. When anything good happens I'm just going to look at my phone in protest.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I have a lodge meeting tonight that I can’t miss, so I’m going to try to hustle it along so I can get back in time.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Proud Christian Mom posted:

lmao did we cover that someone thought it was a good idea to have Art Briles speak at the American Football Coaches Association convention in Charlotte about Title IX policies. Thankfully someone realized this rear end in a top hat shouldn't ever be given a platform again.

Grant Teaff was the director of the AFCA for years and is still the director emeritus, I believe. It's still headquartered in Waco.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Emron posted:

I have a lodge meeting tonight that I can’t miss, so I’m going to try to hustle it along so I can get back in time.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

There’s a guy in my lodge who looks just like Barney. Me? I’m most like those birds that eat garbage or whatever and look at the camera to say “eh, it’s a living.”

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

wa27 posted:

Is it confirmed that Bill Walton is on the megacast again this year? If so, I know what I'm watching.

He is indeed

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i can't wait to watch the game every few seconds as the espn feed is going to undoubtedly poo poo itself during the entire game*

*commercials still in 4k HD.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Emron posted:

What kind of shadowy cabal schedules a meeting at the same time as the gatdamn national championship

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

boop the snoot posted:

i can't wait to watch the game every few seconds as the espn feed is going to undoubtedly poo poo itself during the entire game*

*commercials still in 4k HD.

Oh man that really chaps my rear end.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Pakled posted:

What kind of shadowy cabal schedules a meeting at the same time as the gatdamn national championship

I’m actually the master of the lodge, so technically...me. I’m the guy who did that :negative:

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://twitter.com/PickSixPreviews/status/950405021845393408

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Jerk

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Any outcome where the entire stadium isn't leveled by a meteor is a vast net negative for America

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

pillsburysoldier posted:

Any outcome where the entire stadium isn't leveled by a meteor is a vast net negative for America

It's a shame, cause it's a nice stadium, but it must be done.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
I'm really not excited about this game. Like, I might not even watch it. Meh.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://twitter.com/ByTimReynolds/status/950429308300025857

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Don't listen to Scam Artist Rick Scott

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Scionix posted:

lol @ all the shook rear end Florida fans rooting for Georgia

Meh, there's nothing helpful to Florida in a Georgia victory tonight.

It seems like only yesterday that Bama fans were cautiously optimistic about Shula. :sigh: But at least Bama being great under Saban is undeniable. I just don't want Saban success herpes spreading to Georgia.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Its like the last person on the bandwagon just ripped a huge fart and now I want off.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
The unironic use of transitive victories is the best part.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

General Dog posted:

Wonder if there's any history of mental illness

edit: not trying to do an on-brand "being weird about women" thing, just doesn't seem to add up to an abduction, not that I know anything. I figure we'll find out though. Glad she's safe now regardless.

Not mental illness, but looking likely there was no stalker. Which is a relief, I guess

https://twitter.com/JanelleKHOU/status/950445852753055744

General Dog fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 8, 2018

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

and that is when the joke turned dark and isn't funny anymore.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

*bandwagon crashes into a ravine, everyone aboard perishes*

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Well, considering the reports of being followed came from her initially it could have all been part of that.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

swickles posted:

Well, considering the reports of being followed came from her initially it could have all been part of that.

That was my thought, I'm don't think it was just made up. If the medication caused her to have some sort of episode, paranoia could have been part of it.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

:unsmith:

E: Nebraska had 355 years in the last five games of last season combined.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Real Name Grover fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jan 8, 2018

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Pakled posted:

It's a shame, cause it's a nice stadium, but it must be done.

its a giant taxpayer funded robot butthole

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Hustlin Floh posted:

Some say that room in Riverside is still there, covered in monogrammed poo poo...

Wait, which Riverside?

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice

Emron posted:

I’m actually the master of the lodge, so technically...me. I’m the guy who did that :negative:

I was about to say that's some serious dedication, but you being master makes sense that you'd have to be there. If Tennessee was playing in the natty (lolol) I'd absolutely be missing my lodge's stated meeting unless they came and kidnapped me.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

In which hipster UCF contrarianism is picked up by institutional GOP jerkbaggery. Womp womp. Y'all still have the t-shirts, I guess.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Transitive victories being officially recognized as policy in the state of Florida is kinda funny at least.

Maybe the NCAA can throw some shade and recognize UCF as the national champions... of Florida.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

D.N. Nation posted:

...hipster UCF contrarianism...

The loving *salt* UCF has created is awesome. I gotta get me a T-Shirt now.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
There's freezing rain outside, I have a fever, am coughing up gross poo poo, and Alabama and Georgia are playing football. What a great day.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Proteus Jones posted:

You can be as cool as noted lich Rick Scott for the lulz

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Rick Scott, noted human piece of poo poo, had this to say...

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Residency Evil posted:

There's freezing rain outside, I have a fever, am coughing up gross poo poo, and Alabama and Georgia are playing football. What a great day.
I'm tempted to Uber down for the ESPN watch party and Kendrick Lamar halftime show. Sure it's 35*F and raining, but when else am I gonna be able to use my 800 fill down jacket + waterproof breathable shell + Gore-Tex boots?

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
The new 1.6 billion dollar public financed stadium is leaking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Proteus Jones posted:

That's the Georgia fandom's perpetual state

• Locked thread