Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

God that game was so frustrating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

wandler20 posted:

Bison bitch! 6 titles in 7 years.

Is the Dakota Bison's dominance bad for college football

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Is the Dakota Bison's dominance bad for college football

I don't think enough people care about FCS for it to even matter.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://mobile.twitter.com/dusereport/status/949762004604149760

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

I mean come on

You gotta rip their helmet off before you start punching. This is 101 stuff, kids. Y'all ain't ready for D1.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I bet there's totally not racist replies to that

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Floridians and Georgians fighting? Never!

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

vyst posted:

I bet there's totally not racist replies to that

https://twitter.com/brianjamison75/status/949766734436855808

lmao this loving load.

Favorite response tho:
https://twitter.com/slimdaddyfig2/status/949765361242648576

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I am the disappointed sounding southern dudes talking over this video like they are above it all

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fluffdaddy posted:

disappointed sounding southern dude

don't doxx me

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Congrats to NDSU, an unreal accomplishment. That said, several of my in-laws are fair weather NDSU fans because they are from Fargo, and I do not look forward to their continued poo poo talking despite not being able to name a player on the team. On the other hand, this is one of the joys of college football, so I can't be too upset.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Seaniqua posted:

Congrats to NDSU, an unreal accomplishment. That said, several of my in-laws are fair weather NDSU fans because they are from Fargo, and I do not look forward to their continued poo poo talking despite not being able to name a player on the team. On the other hand, this is one of the joys of college football, so I can't be too upset.

I still can’t believe we came up short. I mean, pretty much our entire starting O line from the beginning of the season was injured, so it’s no wonder NDSU could get pressure on our QB with just 3 DL. Add to that ridiculous drops at critical moments and activist reffing on some of the early drives and of course NDSU is going to win.

Oh, well. Here’s to hoping for a rematch next year. Our offense should be back to putting up video game numbers with the return of our o line and stud RB.

I’ll be interested to see what NDSU does over the next few years. The MVAC is getting better and better, and I think without a playmaker like Stick they may have trouble dominating the directional Illinois and Dakota teams. Big Sky is likewise getting better, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see a team like Weber State in the finals.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Stick was a good runner but not they type of QB who could win a game with his arm, especially against good defenses. They're built around defense and the run game, and all three of their leading rushers return next year. They lost a NFL quarterback and barely missed a beat, they'll be fine without Stick

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

I heard some Bison fans talking about the fact that they are moving up to FBS soon- “not a matter of if, but when” - think there’s any truth to this?

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Why would they want to

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Cnidario posted:

I heard some Bison fans talking about the fact that they are moving up to FBS soon- “not a matter of if, but when” - think there’s any truth to this?

No. I think they could be competitive at a midmajor level but there isn't an obvious conference fit and I don't think the administration wants to make the move anyway.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Cnidario posted:

Not happening.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
There are a ton of people at Disney for the championship parade. More than I expected for sure.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
champions of life title suddenly became a lot more legit

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

boop the snoot posted:

champions of life title suddenly became a lot more legit

Did champions of life even reach double digits wins?

Ralker
Sep 2, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Trying to catch up on the thread still but I’m totally going to this UCF parade cause it’s UCF: 2017 national champions of my heart.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Ralker posted:

Trying to catch up on the thread still but I’m totally going to this UCF parade cause it’s UCF: 2017 national champions of my heart.

ESPN has a camera crew for the parade

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

zimbomonkey posted:

Did champions of life even reach double digits wins?

they went 9-4 two years in a row before their huge collapse

The team was insanely loaded with talent both years

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Lyle

What a guy

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Reporter for the A&M Rivals site has disappeared.

http://awfulannouncing.com/online-outlets/missing-persons-report-filed-rivals-reporter-courtney-roland.html

Apparently texted somebody last night (from Houston) that she was being followed. Hasn't been heard from since.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/950124021382774784

Also Art Briles is speaking at the AFCA convention. He's addressing appropriate methods for preventing sexual assault.

https://theathletic.com/205506/2018/01/

quote:

Why invite Briles, with his damaged reputation, to speak to coaches? AFCA executive director and former Louisiana Monroe head coach Todd Berry said it’s about understanding what went wrong and what corrections coaches should learn.

“It’s our responsibility to educate coaches,” Berry told The Athletic. “Certainly one of the things Coach Briles experienced, and one of the things I believe he’s going to share, is there are some things that happened and he can share an experience no one else can with our group, so that we can avoid issues down the road.

“While there are things you know in theory, the reality is you’re going to gain more from someone who experienced it, that knows what to look for.”

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

General Dog posted:

http://awfulannouncing.com/online-outlets/missing-persons-report-filed-rivals-reporter-courtney-roland.html

Apparently texted somebody last night (from Houston) that she was being followed. Hasn't been heard from since.

This is like a mile away from me. I'll keep an eye out but christ that's disturbing

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
"I'm not there yet," said American Athletic commissioner Mike Aresco, who has been vocal in his support of UCF, which is the only undefeated team left in the country and finished No. 12 in the selection committee's final ranking. "I am open to the notion, but I'm not campaigning for it. The last thing I want to do is give anyone the impression I'm campaigning to expand it, because I'm not. I'm happy with the four."
The American needs a new commissioner.

So does the Sun Belt (and every g5 conference)
"Each time there's been a change, it's been for the better," said Sun Belt commissioner Karl Benson. "With all due respect to UCF, if we didn't have the system we have today, would they be playing in the Peach Bowl last week?"

C-USA commissioner Judy MacLeod said she believes it is possible.
"I think it's harder," she said, "but something's got to prove me wrong to think it's not possible."

"I really believe in this system, that if you play the right schedule, that you're going to have an opportunity to be in the discussion," said MWC commissioner Craig Thompson. "Will you be a semifinalist? Very challenging. But you will be in the conversation."

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21996724/cfp-committee-unanimously-opposed-expanding-4-teams-now

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jan 8, 2018

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
That Houston missing girl is loving horrifying because every last detail so far reeks of her being kidnapped.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

General Dog posted:

Holy poo poo. :smithcloud: I hope this turns out ok.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Crotch Bat posted:

That Houston missing girl is loving horrifying because every last detail so far reeks of her being kidnapped.

Yeah this doesn't sound good

https://twitter.com/Perroni247/status/950273947458818048?s=17

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

General Dog posted:

Holy gently caress this is unsettling. I hope she's okay.

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

Just like to wake up this morning and say:

Alabama delenda est

Also UCF real national champions

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Spacebump posted:

"I'm not there yet," said American Athletic commissioner Mike Aresco, who has been vocal in his support of UCF, which is the only undefeated team left in the country and finished No. 12 in the selection committee's final ranking. "I am open to the notion, but I'm not campaigning for it. The last thing I want to do is give anyone the impression I'm campaigning to expand it, because I'm not. I'm happy with the four."
The American needs a new commissioner.

I'm mixed on it. I get what Aresco is doing here, the AAC's Tier 1 media rights are up for renegotiation and he'd like ESPN to pay something closer to what the AAC is worth, and maybe throw in a guaranteed NY6 bowl berth. Power Six stuff. So, kiss the ring and toe the ESPN party line on its playoff and take one for the team and get everyone a better deal.

On the other hand...the only guy that thinks that might work is Mike Aresco.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
ESPN would be thrilled to expand the playoffs, wouldn't it? Isn't it the conferences who are keeping it at 4?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Go Dawgs, gently caress the tide, Sherman should have kept marching west, etc etc

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

General Dog posted:

ESPN would be thrilled to expand the playoffs, wouldn't it? Isn't it the conferences who are keeping it at 4?

Most likely the conferences by way of "They play too many games already! They might get hurt!"

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

iospace posted:

Most likely the conferences by way of "They play too many games already! They might get hurt!"

ESPN has an interest in limiting the field too. More playoff games means spending more money that ESPN does not have.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i enjoy and support the current format of a four team playoff with a UCF national champ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
https://twitter.com/mbpRivals/status/950373989565763584

• Locked thread