Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Not gonna lie I'd love to see 1. Clemson vs 4. Bama in NOLA and 2/3 OU/UGA in Pasadena. We'd get a rematch of Bama-Clemson (which have been really good games) but for a semifinal this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Incoherence posted:

Presumably this is because OU still gives a full ride to any National Merit Scholar who applies. Weird: it's almost like money talks.

It's basically a meme at this point thanks to Dan Boren.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Pandanaut posted:

I’m going to guess Oklahoma instead of UGA as much as it pains me to think about.

BCS had a lot of poll inertia. Clemson and Oklahoma would have benefitted heavily by losing early (and close). UGA's late loss would have dropped them below both with no shot to jump ahead. And Auburn never would have been ranked 2.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

iospace posted:

Three words:

Big Game Bob.

Also, credit to OU, they transitioned pretty well, though you can argue that it was on Stoops' recruiting.

Our recruiting uptick the last couple years was absolutely not fueled by Stoops, and I love Bob as much as anyone. A few years back our recruiting had slipped big time and a large part of that was Stoops getting lazy and also not holding his assistants accountable. Credit to Bob for cleaning house for the most part and hiring guys that would go out and be stellar recruiters, though.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
That was the height of fashion, my friends.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

LeeMajors posted:

:lol:ing so hard at "put these jeans on his legs"

Not in two-thousand-loving-three they weren't.

I didn't say "at the time." :colbert:

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Quandary posted:

Under Bob Stoops I would unfortunately 100% agree, but I'm hopeful that Lincoln Riley handles this situation better.

Bullshit. He absolutely would have been suspended indefinitely, and I expect that is what will happen now.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Zoran posted:

The last sexual assault related thing I remember was whoever got immediately cut from the team for masturbating in public

Trey Metoyer.

KIM JONG TRILL fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Dec 5, 2017

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

Duh the one one the left has two stripes on the shoulder area dude. Totally different.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

G-Hawk posted:

Yeah well, I think he gets to blame Charlie a bit this year. Next year, not so much. And not a problem if he has less losses!

Anyway, Texas has 2 modes, dickhead and self loathing. Nice guy charlie strong texas was never really an option, so out with that

I don't think Mack was ever really a dick. Certainly not like Herman is.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE

MourningView posted:

Gonna miss watching Baker Mayfield play college football a whole lot.

Yup. Baker has easily risen up to be my favorite Sooner of all time.

I’m not as sad about this loss as I thought I would be. It was still a drat good game and I’m really excited to see what Riley can accomplish in his career. Having Kyler Murray at QB next year adds a whole new dime soon to the offense.

That said I hope it’s the last we’ve seen of Mike Stoops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
I think the trend to look at in the ratings is that the game does much better when there’s teams from different geographical areas in it. When it’s an all-southern affair, whether that’s just SEC or ACC/SEC, the ratings dip.

• Locked thread