Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I absolutely cannot loving stand the idea of back-to-back Clemson titles. I don't even care that I'll also hate the other three teams involved, I just need someone to prevent that reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Yeah, rival fan here obviously, but Syracuse worked Clemson over pretty good start to finish. The Bryant injury ended up being a convenient excuse, but I'm glad to see neutral observers agree.

Anyway, lol if you didn't think the committee was gonna let Bama in. But also lol if you're an Ohio State person angry about this when they got a similar mulligan last year. From my perspective, it was kind of a coin flip, and I would've been fine with either making it.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Oklahoma is my only save grace in this playoff. gently caress everyone else.

Yep, this.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Yates posted:

Basically you have the four least likeable teams in the nation backed by the four worst fan bases playing for the title. Wonderful.

Bring back the BCS.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

vikingstrike posted:

Ah yes that time of year where I get to hear that Florida fans are truly gods gift to the planet and not as bad as everyone they point fingers at.

Keep going. I’m so close.

Uh, actually, Clemson fans are god's gift to the planet and super classy and never do anything wrong ever.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

Most SA representatives from their uniformly awful fanbases are just fine.

Your delightfulness does not absolve #FSUTwitter

Yeah, I sometimes forget how awful other fans can be when I wander away from the chillness of TFF and see somebody losing their minds in a comments section or a sportswriter's Twitter mentions. It's rough out there.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

Army is 9-3 and has a win streak against Navy :stare:

Owns.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The fact that firing Richt and hiring a Saban crony worked out for Georgia really ticks me off for some reason I can't explain

Kirby is clearly a very good coach, but he also walked into a great situation at Georgia, which I feel like no one is talking about. I suppose that's also an indictment on Richt, but yeah, the cupboard was hardly bare and it helped even more when a couple guys like Nick Chubb passed on the NFL. It'll be interesting to see what happens when those 30+ (I think, it's a crazy number either way) seniors are gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

So we promoted Bryan McClendon to the OC gig full time. I'm...really not happy about this, and I'm tired of USC always just making internal moves whenever we have a chance to go out and get a difference-maker. I like B-Mac, but he's literally never been an OC before. This is a huge gamble on Muschamp's part and probably a bad one. Yeah, we won the Michigan game, but looked like absolute poo poo offensively for 2.5 quarters of it. But sure, let's be prisoners of the moment and promote this guy.

• Locked thread