Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Wouldn't mind this just to see how many times Sam Darnold could turn the ball over in 60 minutes against Clemson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxzvbfou2yc

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I think the revelation that Herm Edwards is Catholic is much more surprising than the revelation that he doesn't know his team's mascot.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

DJExile posted:

the problem with this is the NCAA isn't law enforcement (frankly, nor should they be). It's likely more dependent on the schools themselves or maybe the conference.

This

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The original post was also pretty clearly a joke. Not because Aggies aren't weird, but because even the weirdest Aggies aren't really that genuinely reverent about the dog.

The poster seems to be a drive-by shitposter on the 247 board

General Dog fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Dec 6, 2017

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I'm not sure I even know what weed smells like

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Hell I got 37 pts on Duke, I'm not gonna judge.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Stagg Bowl motherfuckers!!! Let's go Crusaders

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

He looks a lot better with the beard

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

That paragraph is the sports equivalent of "For sale: baby shoes, never worn."

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

MourningView posted:

It's Kendall Briles who is making them good though, as much as all the sports media people carrying water for lane are trying to ignore that

You really seem to think a lot of Kendall Briles' coaching acumen

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Don't know if it's available everywhere, but the Texas 6-man state championship is on Fox Sports Go and it's pretty interesting to watch, having never seen a 6-man game before.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

DJExile posted:

UCF's upset of Auburn is very much the outlier to what typically happens when a G5 has a hell of a year. Stop me if you've seen this story play out before:

G5 team has outstanding year. Coach gets attention from suffering P5 program. Team makes big-name bowl game. Come bowl time, coach either has left for new job, or clearly has attention on new job. G5 team faces a P5 team who likely got to that bowl game by losing a conference championship and sees it as a demotion. P5 team either blows out or sleepwalks past G5 team in bowl game that nobody watches.

Non-power conference teams in the BCS/NY6 are 8-3 against P5/P6 opponents.

edit: is it possible that you're confusing the ultra-successful G5 at-large teams with some of the extremely mediocre Big East autobids (Cincy, Cincy, UConn) from the last few years of the BCS?

General Dog fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jan 2, 2018

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

DJExile posted:

Yeah i might be. Also wasn't TCU in the B12 when that Wisconsin game rolled around?

No, they were still in the MWC.

Looking back though, that one Cincy team that got slapped around by Florida in the BCS was highly ranked enough (#3 (!)) that they'd have gotten an at-large even if the Big East didn't have an autobid anymore, so my characterization of them getting in just because of an autobid wasn't really fair.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jan 2, 2018

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Hats off to Georgia that hitting on 19 actually worked out for them. It's undoubtedly a net positive for the sport in that it's given birth to Dark Richt and a newly relevant U.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Sash! posted:

My only hope for the 2018 season is that Alabama and Clemson don't play each other again.

I hope they play Part IV...

...in the Belk Bowl :twisted:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Oregon - OSU was probably also buoyed by the novelty of being the first playoff championship.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Gary is much worse than Verne, Phil Simms, or anyone else

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Reporter for the A&M Rivals site has disappeared.

http://awfulannouncing.com/online-outlets/missing-persons-report-filed-rivals-reporter-courtney-roland.html

Apparently texted somebody last night (from Houston) that she was being followed. Hasn't been heard from since.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

ESPN would be thrilled to expand the playoffs, wouldn't it? Isn't it the conferences who are keeping it at 4?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Blitz7x posted:

They found her car with her phone/wallet/purse around midnight and they found her under an overpass around 6am so who knows if she's actually okay

Wonder if there's any history of mental illness

edit: not trying to do an on-brand "being weird about women" thing, just doesn't seem to add up to an abduction, not that I know anything. I figure we'll find out though. Glad she's safe now regardless.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jan 8, 2018

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

lmao did we cover that someone thought it was a good idea to have Art Briles speak at the American Football Coaches Association convention in Charlotte about Title IX policies. Thankfully someone realized this rear end in a top hat shouldn't ever be given a platform again.

Grant Teaff was the director of the AFCA for years and is still the director emeritus, I believe. It's still headquartered in Waco.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

General Dog posted:

Wonder if there's any history of mental illness

edit: not trying to do an on-brand "being weird about women" thing, just doesn't seem to add up to an abduction, not that I know anything. I figure we'll find out though. Glad she's safe now regardless.

Not mental illness, but looking likely there was no stalker. Which is a relief, I guess

https://twitter.com/JanelleKHOU/status/950445852753055744

General Dog fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

swickles posted:

Well, considering the reports of being followed came from her initially it could have all been part of that.

That was my thought, I'm don't think it was just made up. If the medication caused her to have some sort of episode, paranoia could have been part of it.

• Locked thread