Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Democrazy posted:

The announcers in all of the games were saying that Bama should’ve been in. Was there any result which wasn’t going to result in Bama being in?

no. the minute Miami got upset weeks ago it meant bama was in even before the iron bowl because there was no way wiscy was going undefeated

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Dec 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
its pretty funny michigan state is 8-2 in their last ten vs michigan

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

R.D. Mangles posted:

i went to the music city bowl to see clayton thorson destroy his knee on an incredibly dumb trick play and also the dumbest and most northwestern football game possible

you must be mega thrilled

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Emron posted:

Bama finally won in the sugar bowl and threw a TD to its nose tackle, I’m very happy with this bowl season already

please note that that pass had the most hilarious blocking of all time which may/may not have been legal due to colleges horrible downfield rules and it was made even better by said block

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

PostNouveau posted:

I thought this was also a "rebuilding" year for Bama?

nah that was last year. it just seems like bama is rebuilding because they're starting a simpleton at qb

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Scionix posted:

It was a block started at the LOS it's not the same thing

I don't give a poo poo if it was a pick anyway, the Alabama fans complaining about last year are dumb, that poo poo never gets called, and we run the exact same poo poo frequently

But the fat man TD wasn't a pick

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't block more than 3 yards downfield in college and then throw a pass past the line of scrimmage, right? Hell, it got called early for that offsetting penalty on #73 and he wasn't any further downfield than on the goal line play. So maybe it's not a true 'pick' play where you're trying to get around the rule, instead it was just 'destroy those two guys with one blocker and make the refs call it gently caress them'

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Scionix posted:

You're right, RPOs are dumb as poo poo and make playing defense stupid as hell because people can throw while their lineman are loving blocking linebackers in the 2nd level.

However this is mostly to the detriment of Alabama in hilarious fashion (see, 2014 A&M, 2015 and 2016 Ole Miss, 20xx Auburn), so it's actually cool and good

yeah i remember screaming during the kick six iron bowl about linemen being way downfield but the refs dont care and neither does anyone else because more points=better than

both NFL + college need to go to a hard line rule of no downfield blocking at all prior to pass , but also just allow offensive holding so you can get sweet deep bombs from 7 step drops

and speaking of deep bombs lol at hurts' terrible fleaflicker 10 yards underthrown

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

G-Hawk posted:

I think I saw about 15 flea flickers during bowl season, and one of them worked. Most were either underthrown, or thrown into double coverage. Trick plays rule but maybe try some different ones, everyone

i think it's because most QBs aren't allowed to throw more than 20 yards more than once a game (especially down the middle) and have no idea how to do it

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

people love oregon i guess

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

they missed plenty against zeke a few years back, let alone against mississippi state and auburn just a month ago

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
get rid of illegal motion, all players eligible for receptions, except can't throw past line of scrimmage if anyone is downfield. then make offensive holding legal so that QBs have time for deep bombs

perfect

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

thats what you get for trying to make an exciting play. better be safe than sorry

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Invite UCF to a conference that matters and they're going 7-5 every year.

yeah they definitely couldnt keep up with ten win P5 teams like *checks notes* Northwestern, who lost to duke

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
anecdote note: my bama alum wife thinks UCF is the true champ and it's awesome that they're doing this

then again bama fans have so many titles they can't tell them apart anymore

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

KKKLIP ART posted:

This would happen the one year where UGA actually exceeded expectations instead of stepping on its own dick

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/georgia/1980.html

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Crotch Bat posted:

*professes neverending hard-on over running football*
*game features 2 teams who excel in running the football*
"Aw man, this game is gonna be so lovely and boring".

:rolleye: this forum

If Bo hadn't broken his leg last year and lost his burst this game would be awesome. It'll still be good + i hope there's next to no throwing or read options and just power sets all day long

Bama's defense is the worst against the run I've ever seen (granted i didn't watcha lot of bama football until recently) so it should be good, unlike the michigan state teams where a bama copycat with 1/2 the talent went heads up and got steamrolled

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

an adult beverage posted:

Why not drive to a police station or firehouse?

maybe she was hungry

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Scionix posted:

friendly reminder we have been in six Natl championship games in 9 years and your team will never do that ever

Roll

drat

Tide

if saban had beaten clemson last year he'd have had 5 titles in 10 years at bama, now he's never going to get to 50% or greater of titles vs seasons coached

• Locked thread