Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Roll Tide

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Pretty much every fan base as a whole sucks so why even try to rank them. Groups of people who invest their identity in things that they are not directly involved in tend to be awful to be around.

I mean i pick on Georgia fans as much as the next guy but I lived in Tuscaloosa for 13 years and Bama people are pretty awful too.

That being said, roll tide.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Lasagna Pilot posted:

I think Ohio State is in if the Iowa game is a TD loss instead of a completely inexplicable blowout loss to an average team, that absolutely can't happen to a title contender in a sport that is part beauty pageant.

Yea that Iowa game was brutal and absolutely kept them out

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Pakled posted:

God, I know, when my team's biggest rival got greedy and fired their coach that was delivering them 9 or 10 wins a year consistently for the last decade and a half in favor of a Saban disciple, I was over the moon. Now, I just feel a kind of impotent rage whenever I think about UGA. I hate that they were vindicated in firing Richt, I hate that their recruiting has exploded and they look to be establishing a juggernaut, I hate that every team I like is full of butterfingered idiots who will always find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory while every team I don't like is really good, and most of all, I hate that Georgia is both competent and exciting to watch. They don't deserve good football, god drat it, they should be punished for their hubris, not rewarded. I'm mad about football and I'm mad that my irrational hatred of UGA is going to make me cheer for Bama next week.

Mark Richt would have also taken this team to the championship game

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

G-Hawk posted:

Come on, scheduling FSU isn't scheduling cupcakes. Obviously they ended up being not good, but Bama had no way to know that. Prior to the season, it was notable just how unique it was for a top team to schedule another top team to open the season. There were plenty of takes about how risky it was.

Mercer is bullshit though.

Bama's played a big team in the opener for a bunch of years now. Hopefully they will phase out the cupcakes, but that is also just a part of the game for most of the top 25.

MourningView posted:

There were also several years where he would have had Georgia in the playoff if the playoff had existed at the time. His best teams all had really bad timing

Yea, if he had of made his run somewhere else he would have been sniffing the championship game yearly. I think its basically Saban, Dabo, Richt and Urbs as the top four coaches in the game right now, and frankly I think he is better than Meyer.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Metapod posted:

Ucf had a tougher schedule than bama

On what index?

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Metapod posted:

The index of bama played 2 good teams this season

Since UCF is making up championships i guess you can make up SOS rankings too

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Metapod posted:

*plays no one good in out of conference play and all teams played in conference can't beat anyone outside of the conference* OUR SCHEDULE WAS CHALLENGING SEC SEC SEC

Uh huh.

LLCoolJD posted:

This is a good assessment.

Does it make me a bad person to be rooting for a "defensive struggle" in this all-SEC title game? :laugh: I just want to witness the outrage it would produce.

both teams average about 35-36 points per game so i dont see that happening

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

He'd till tell them to sit down and be humble

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I am the disappointed sounding southern dudes talking over this video like they are above it all

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

and that is when the joke turned dark and isn't funny anymore.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Proteus Jones posted:

The loving *salt* UCF has created is awesome. I gotta get me a T-Shirt now.

You can be as cool as noted lich Rick Scott for the lulz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

MourningView posted:

Surely the university of Alabama has never been associated with someone problematic

Am I a whole rear end college posting on these forums?

• Locked thread