Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
The Finebaum Show is gonna be :discourse: if Bama misses out on the 4th spot to a 2-loss Ohio State team that lost to Iowa by 31.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

There's no great option here; everything is bad

An Alabama team that hasn't looked great and got pushed around by Auburn
An Ohio State that lost by 31 to Iowa, and also got manhandled by Oklahoma
A Wisconsin team that lost by a touchdown to that Ohio State team
A USC team that got blown out by Notre Dame and lost to Wazzu, with no real significant wins against anyone but Stanford

I have a big problem with the Ohio State thing because I don't assume they would lose the playoff games, the Iowa loss can't happen to a team that wins a College Football National Title that season.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

SourKraut posted:

I think the chances of 0% are pretty good, but that's the problem - if these teams all played right now, in a week or so, I fully think Clemson would destroy Alabama and Oklahoma would destroy Georgia.

But having a month to prepare makes it so Alabama very likely could win. I still think Georgia loses.

How good is Oklahoma's run defense?

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

Rad Valtar posted:

Te committee just proved that everything they said about criteria is bullshit and their ties to the South matter most.

I think Ohio State is in if the Iowa game is a TD loss instead of a completely inexplicable blowout loss to an average team, that absolutely can't happen to a title contender in a sport that is part beauty pageant.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

KKKLIP ART posted:

Run defense is a real strength and I would be willing to say we have a top 5 linebacker corps who are insane at edge to edge running, pass rush is generally solid, but pass defense can be questionable at times.

We can pass when we need to but because we have been able to run on literally everyone (except Auburn round 1) at will, and not to mention that every single one of our running backs would be starters in any team in the country, most of the games we have played have less than 20 passes total. Fromm can extend drives with his arm when called upon, and he has hit some beautiful mid-deep balls when the receivers don't drop them.

Fromm is good enough to punish a stacked box, I don't think he is gonna stand back there and carve up OU's bad secondary all game though.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

iospace posted:

The problem is with a G5 that's known to be good becomes a double edged sword. They want to schedule P5 teams that are perceived as good, but no one wants to play you because the P5 doesn't want to end up getting beat by a G5 team.

I would be fine with some kind of pod system that replaces elective OOC games with G5 v P5 games that can't be dodged.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

How many healthy linebackers does Bama have right now?

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

Noctone posted:

Don't worry buddy, Scott Frost is going to return Nebraska to the promised land and then you can shift your hate to them.

Nebraska isn't turning into Alabama unless Warren Buffet starts running recruiting.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

I don’t buy this narrative that Clemson was overrated and maybe shouldn’t have been in.

They had a sick defensive line, the most wins over bowl eligible teams, strong game control and beat the Auburn team that is the foundation for UCF’s the transitive property national championship.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

boop the snoot posted:

UCF needs to join the ACC imho

Some UCF people seem to think the Big Ten wants to add them.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

KKKLIP ART posted:

This would happen the one year where UGA actually exceeded expectations instead of stepping on its own dick

They didn't exceed expectations IMO, people who know what they are talking about and bet on this stuff have had UGA as one of the most talented teams in the country all year.

Sallee pre-season picked them for the title game.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

Sab0921 posted:

This game is basically going to be an Alabama-Michigan State redux right? It is impossible to out-Bama, Bama, their run defense is the best in the country and Georgia has a true freshman playing QB. This has 31-0 written all over it.

I'm so tired of the Alabama reign of darkness.

No, Georgia has about 10 times the talent that MSU team had and Bama's linebackers are all dead.

The coaches being interviewed anonymously about this matchup have it pretty close.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/Mark_Schlabach/status/949681296850157568

https://twitter.com/Mark_Schlabach/status/949682487307001856

Lasagna Pilot fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jan 6, 2018

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

wandler20 posted:

Bison bitch! 6 titles in 7 years.

Is the Dakota Bison's dominance bad for college football

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/Bachscore/status/950413423229194241

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/PickSixPreviews/status/950405021845393408

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/ByTimReynolds/status/950429308300025857

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/DCzWall/status/950597832892874752

• Locked thread