Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery

Rad Valtar posted:

The committee last week said that Bama and OSU had pretty much no separation so get ready for OSU at #4 since they value conference championships a lot.
Also worth noting (amazingly) is that Alabama's rear end-pull "third top 25 win" Fresno State lost and will fall out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

Goofus changes his mind on whether he wants a 4 or 8 team playoff depending on the quality of the worst P5 conference champion that year.
Gallant is not so fickle and consistently advocates for [4/8] teams.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

This is a The_Donald-level meme and you should be ashamed of quoting it

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

Brett McMurphy basically confirmed not.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

LOL at assuming all SEC hate is because of ESPN and not exhaustion at every season ending the same way

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

The rest of the SEC also hates Alabama.
LSU (and Florida and Auburn) are part of the problem.

Though to be fair, Georgia winning this year would be fine. But I can't root for them today because they're playing before we know Bama is out.

SpiritualDeath fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Jan 1, 2018

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Neither Florida nor Auburn nor LSU have appeared in the playoffs.
You know this poo poo goes back longer than the CFP.

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Florida hasn’t been relevant for a decade, LSU and Auburn have most recently lost National Championship appearances, and teams like Clemson and OSU or Oklahoma are much more likely to be the “ugh, this again!?” teams these days.
3 NCGs have featured no SEC teams since 2003 and Ohio State and Oklahoma have barely more/better NCG representation than any of the SEC teams being discussed in that time + are mostly the only teams that visible in their conferences.

Just accept the jealousy even if you think it's undue. Unbelievably, it would more endearing than whatever you're stubbornly sticking to right now.

SpiritualDeath fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jan 2, 2018

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Like half of those appearances have been Bama.
How do you not get that these teams don't have to share the blame perfectly equally to be just as hateable for the same reason

SpiritualDeath fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jan 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

You can hate whoever you want and I can think it’s stupid. It’s good to be free.
You seem to have been peeved, though, that I lumped LSU in with that pool even though they were culpable in the worst BCS-present NCG, basically the culmination of the SEC hate.

Otherwise I guess you're just an outrageous pedant? Wish I had known that sooner.

• Locked thread