Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Emron posted:

If you want an image of the future, imagine a 320 pound offensive tackle blocking a free safety on play action post routes forever

I'd expect to see lots of tight end types. In practice, the 320 pound guy would never get into position fast enough to matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Why not? It's not like Georgia or Alabama have been dominant this year.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

an adult beverage posted:

Making up championships is a pillar of college football

To be honest, it's no worse than we're getting with the "playoffs." Two of four winners (will be) kinda mediocre*

*I'm looking at you, Ohio State.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Some UCF people seem to think the Big Ten wants to add them.

There are a ton Big Ten alumni in Florida. But unfortunately, not in September or October.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Manoueverable posted:

I still can't believe they used to vote on the national champion before the bowl games were even played, no wonder like 5 different teams claim championships every year during that era.

IDK, the whole idea of playing meaningful games after a 5-6 week break is bonkers :colbert:

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Chump Farts posted:

they are already paying the coaches, so if they haven't done this already, they should

They might be an extra benefit.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Then how could Alabama give out championship rings?

I suspect the NCAA made a special exception for official championship rings. UCF's rings wouldn't be official per the NCAA.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

PostNouveau posted:

Winner should claim the FBS title as well.

Apparently, they can rightfully claim to the the one-and-only "Official" champion.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

I'm not sure that's an advantage; more distractions at home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

PostNouveau posted:

I think he means there's a straight-up cash flow problem at ESPN. The contract for an expanded playoff might be more than ESPN can handle, even if they are meeting ratings targets.

Easy fix. Move the championship game back to network tv

It probably should be there anyway for the long term health of the sport.

• Locked thread