Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

MourningView posted:

I don’t think Alabama has any business getting in but it owns a lot that Iowa beat the piss out of Ohio State and kept them out of the playoff

Late to the party here, but :agreed:

gently caress Ohio State.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

MourningView posted:

This is the most interesting the game has been in like 20 years since Army is finally competitive again.

That's what I'm counting on. I *have* to watch the game, if only to poo poo talk my brother (who's a West Point alum) over Signal. Once I found out how deadly serious this game is to him, it became one of my driving goals every year.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

wandler20 posted:

Holy poo poo, we're in for a treat with the Herm Edwards college experience.

OMG. The pressers are going to be magical.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Jim Harbaugh is a good fit at the storied University of Michigan Football program.

They may have to one day add a whole new shelf to hold the trophies he earns.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

iospace posted:

Yes, and I mean it.

Maybe people should feel disgusted that this poo poo happens instead of shrugging and going "Boys will be boys".

Absolutely. That statement is a slap to the face in its bluntness.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

It's going to be interesting on how they deal with it.

I mean I get the Innocent Until Proven Guilty Beyond a Reasonable Doubt. I think it's a really important part of our system of justice.

HOWEVER:

1) That statement is pretty graphic and detailed in its description of events. I'm certainly persuaded this is a legitimate complaint and it's very likely *something* untoward happened.

2) Given the endemic and pernicious pattern of how colleges handle claims of sexual abuse and rape, I have a hard time believing the university will move swiftly on this or even do anything more than a cursory "investigation into our athletic program (which happens to make us money)".

I doubt the school will do anything substantive. Certainly not until after Bowl Season.

I can only hope the real police aren't Keystone Kops and do a thorough investigation.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Bird in a Blender posted:

Pulling this from a couple pages late, but baggy pants were definitely the style in 2003. I mean look at this picture of the 2003 NBA draft. Every single guy is wearing a suit with super baggy pants.

Jesus. That that's one oversized jacket away from breaking out an a cappella version of Once In Lifetime.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Could we be in store for an OT bonanza?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

pillsburysoldier posted:

what game's on?

Weber St v James Madison

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Greetings. I was bored this morning and did some trash at lunch at work the other day, so I figured I'd drop some cool poo poo right now.

«bunch of neat graphs»

Baker Mayfield is astonishing

Yeah, he really is. 65/35 he turns into a Johnny Manziel and burns out like a fast burning star when he gets to the NFL.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

wa27 posted:

:siren: The bowl pick'em group is up! :siren:
http://games.espn.com/college-bowl-mania/2017/en/group?groupID=179464
password: goons

Like usual, it's confidence picks. 1 is the least confident, 41 is the most. You can change your picks and order right up until game time, so keep that in mind once the championship teams are known.

I think I'm a low functioning moron, because I can't figure out how to join the group.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

That burns the eyes.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

wa27 posted:

Looks like maybe you have to log in first?

Yep. See? Low functioning moron.

Thanks, that was it.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Dilber posted:

It would piss off so many fans.

In.

So... no downsides. Let's do it

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

wandler20 posted:

Bison off to a good start! Watch the FCS semifinals on ESPN2 you fools.

DIV III championship on ESPNU, as well.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Cnidario posted:

35-3 with 4 min to go in the 2nd half :stare:

Yeah, this is pretty lopsided. It's now 41-3 with :09 left in half.

e: God drat. N Dak St. is just controlling the game regardless of what side of the ball they're on.

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Dec 16, 2017

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

pillsburysoldier posted:

Patented Big Ten Style

What's that, run straight, run straight again, oh better pass because we only got 4 yards?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Here's the thread for Week 1 Bowl Games

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3843832

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Time for the Frisco Bowl! Can't wait for that...uh... one team to win!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3843832

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

That is pro-click.

According to OP, there's an area where they let kids shoot bow and arrows.

I'm seriously considering getting tickets for next year.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

It may or may not surprise you to learn that Army affords its athletes the same privilege any other school does, and it leads to rapes and deaths.

Yeah, a lot of the alumni are not happy about how the athletes aren't held to the same standards the other cadets are.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

an adult beverage posted:

runnin the dang ball like God intended

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

No Week 2 Bowl thread for the Hawai'i Bowl?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

G-Hawk posted:

i'm ready for bowl week

Me too. Other than the 1st two games on Sat, so far they've been super boring.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

MourningView posted:

Iowa national champs I like it

It's advanced math, but it works out.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Sorry OU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Raku posted:

no excuse to forget to drop the bombs. i always thought our troops were clutch and would deliver when we needed them to. now i see theres truly nobody to rely on

Sorry the Rose Bowl was so much more interesting than the Sugar Bowl is.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

buddhanc posted:

What took this picture

Blimp Rider

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Jim Harbaugh is an embarrassment

I root against Michigan not because I dislike them, but because I intensely dislike Harbaugh. I will always take pleasure when his mouth writes checks that he can't cash.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Is there a thread for this game, or just here?

Because I just turned it on and saw that insanity. Is this clownball or was it just a run of the mill "pass rusher intercepts and then offensive lineman starts punching people" play?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Ah, 10 minutes later. Clownball it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

D.N. Nation posted:

...hipster UCF contrarianism...

The loving *salt* UCF has created is awesome. I gotta get me a T-Shirt now.

• Locked thread