Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
clemson and alabama need a rubber match anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
ahahahahahahaha this is the best outcome

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Zerilan posted:

"Okay" p5 teams don't lose to Troy.

2-loss teams don't make the playoff

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

divx posted:

I'm praying for a UGA vs BAMA championship and 4 hours of S-E-C chants

an all SEC national title game would loving rule for the meltdowns alone

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
after the big name bowls what does it really matter

outside of being able to travel to the game, who cares if your team goes to the BP oil spill bowl or the chic fil-a closed on sundays bowl?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Joey Freshwater posted:

https://twitter.com/_2ERA_/status/939248215202951168

No no no, it's TWO in the pink, ONE in the stink

dont kink shame

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

as a florida fan i am on board with FSU having some of the ugliest uniforms i have ever seen

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

wow i hope he gets life

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I have a feeling the Bahamas bowl will get neutered by the NCAA after this exposure and we all missed the greatest one-off bowl ever.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Henchman of Santa posted:

But there have been three of them?

Okay then three-off.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

G-Hawk posted:

i have a beef with the continued existence of tim beck, but herman isn't wrong that texas played like they were terrified of the football before this season. Their record wasn't great but they made some major improvements on the field this year. This speaks more to how much of a dumpster fire the charlie strong teams were than tom herman being a genius or anything. But progress is progress.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
thought this was a funny series of headlines

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I think it was Nebraska who got clobbered by Colorado by 30 points in the conference championship one year and still made it to the national title game because losses at the end of the year counted just as much as losses at the beginning in the BCS calculations.

Or when Oklahoma got wrecked by Kansas State and stayed at number 1 because of the way they dominated the weeks prior.

People hated that poo poo a LOT.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
just win your conference and then vote on which conference is superior at the end of the season

SEC 25 year win streak incoming.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

KKKLIP ART posted:

Apparently ratings for the rose bowl were pretty crazy

how do you think the ratings for the SECCG in a week will be?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
is gary danielson announcing the national championship game?

i hope so :D

this video is old but awesome
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOk3ne5a9so

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
UCF would have to replace OU or Clemson and we would be where we are at now anyway

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

MourningView posted:

why would they have replaced the top 2 teams in the rankings?

SEC bitch

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

UCF has a legitimate claim to a national title. They went undefeated, beat some pretty good teams, got their P5 game cancelled because of loving hurricanes, and then beat Auburn, who beat the playoff champ.

If you don't like it maybe they could settle it on the field?

yeah maybe

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
UCF needs to join the ACC imho

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
drat is one of the best albums to come out in a long time.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
LIsten to ATLiens by Outkast and then drat right after.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
UCF is paying their coaches a national championship bonus lol

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

a neat cape posted:

Even the ones on the Nebraska staff?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...000/1001924001/

“According to associate athletics director for communications Andy Seeley, UCF is distributing an additional $300,000 to the nine on-field assistants and $25,000 to the support staff, which will be divvied up at the discretion of head coach Scott Frost, who is departing for Nebraska, with the approval of athletics director Danny White.”

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I hope some obscure local paper recognizes them as champions and they get a trophy made.

2017 Orlando Sunday Gazette National Champions trophy.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

KKKLIP ART posted:

I figured, except maybe Florida and Tech fans, folks would pull a bit more for UGA just due to Alabama fatigue but now the world is pulling for UCF.

I'm a Florida fan and I am rooting for Georgia because of Alabama fatigue but UCF are definitely the 2017 National Champions™

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

LeeMajors posted:

Alabama doesn’t deserve nice things, but is swimming in a vault of trophies. This loss will not affect them negatively.

However UGA losing after waiting 37yrs for a title would be crushing and hilarious.

roll tide?

Saban losing two in a row would be funnier imho

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

this fuckin rules.

gives urban meyer another title too

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Let’s go a dukes bitch

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Dukes bitch

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Rep ur squad

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
champions of life title suddenly became a lot more legit

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i enjoy and support the current format of a four team playoff with a UCF national champ

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Emron posted:

I have a lodge meeting tonight that I can’t miss, so I’m going to try to hustle it along so I can get back in time.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
i can't wait to watch the game every few seconds as the espn feed is going to undoubtedly poo poo itself during the entire game*

*commercials still in 4k HD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mr. Nice! posted:

I hadn't paid any attention to bowl games this year but does this basically mean that regardless of outcome Auburn was the best team in football this year?

UCF fucboi

• Locked thread