Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Komet
Apr 4, 2003

shirts and skins posted:

t w o
l o s s e s

No way they leap over Bama, Bama's brand will get them in (their schedule sure as hell shouldn't).

Including getting blown out to Iowa. If the committee held out Penn State last year for the same standard of two loses--one blowout--then Ohio State should also be held out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

MourningView posted:

I don’t think Alabama has any business getting in but it owns a lot that Iowa beat the piss out of Ohio State and kept them out of the playoff

I'm happy to see Iowa ruin someone else's season for a change.

Actually, blame it on the rain that kept on falling during the Penn State - Michigan State game

Komet fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Dec 3, 2017

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Penn State - Washington is pretty solid. A USC rematch would be fun, but I think the Fiesta Bowl will be one of the best bowl games.

I mean, we'll see what Ricky Rahne can do with a month to prepare with Moorhead gone.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I think Sparty-Wazzu is leagues better than Michigan-SCAR but YMMV

I hope Leach is still coach for Washington State by the time the game is played. I don't think Michigan State has the personnel to win that game otherwise.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

a neat cape posted:

Parking lot beers

Apropos, I went to the Penn State @ Maryland game two weeks ago, and Maryland's athletic department is so poor they have special dispensation to sell beer in the stadium (something I had though was prohibited uniformly in all NCAA games, but I guess not). The stadium as a whole was at least 50-50 Penn State Maryland, and by the late 3rd quarter, with Penn State up 40 points, the last remaining Maryland fans near us were getting more and more obnoxious. They were still drinking beer, and probably had been for like 6+ hours.

At one point, all the backups were in and the Maryland fans were shouting "KILL MCSORLEY" when the QB got tackled. My dad felt compelled to argue with them that Tommy Stevens was in, not Trace McSorley, and I was just thinking to myself "shut the gently caress up, dad, these people are drunk."

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Am I the only person who doesn't get the turnover chain reference???

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

I guess that's better than a trash can

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Was Purdue actually favored?

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Dabo has built Clemson into a powerhouse. Saban is the best coach in college football, but Dabo is right behind, with Urban Meyer. Those are maybe the only three teams that can have a rebuilding year and still win 10 or 11 games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

MourningView posted:

He's really good at overall program management stuff and did an awesome job hiring good assistants and giving them a lot of freedom. There's more than one way to be a great head coach.

Agree. You don't have to be the most brilliant X's and O's mind to be a highly successful college football coach. Penn State has a ways to go to catch up to Ohio State and Clemson, but Franklin is a similar type of program manager coach that knows how to recognize coaching talent and get the most out of his athletes. You can't just credit Joe Moorhead with Penn State's success the last two years (although he's certainly a huge factor). As we saw in the bowl game, Penn State isn't going to collapse in on itself offensively next year with Ricky Rahne.

• Locked thread