Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Presumably this is because OU still gives a full ride to any National Merit Scholar who applies. Weird: it's almost like money talks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Pakled posted:

While we're talking about rule changes, how about the Schiano plan, replacing kickoffs with the scoring team getting the ball on its own 30 at 4th and 15? Teams would almost always elect to punt, which is safer and imo more interesting than a kickoff, and going for it works out to about the same chance a team has of recovering an onside kick.
I've never been clear on how the Schiano Plan's math takes into account the possibility of a punt block. Sure, you can set X such that the chance of making 4th and X is the same as recovering an onside kick now, but the receiving team has another way of getting good field position that it didn't have before.

Other than that, it sounds good: it replaces the kickoff with something that's actual football.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
In addition to a meteor falling on the stadium, I'm rooting for some senior who's all out of fucks to give to kneel for the national anthem and stare at the press box the whole time.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

zimbomonkey posted:

Students can get kicked off the program for pretty much anything. They probably don't want to risk it
Thus my suggestion of "senior who is all out of fucks", perhaps even a redshirt senior who's already graduated so the school can't even threaten to expel them.

an adult beverage posted:

Most schools have the marching band do the anthem and then have the team come out afterwards.
Yeah, that's always how we did it when I was in the band (we did the anthem, then some other school songs, then the teams came out), but this is the National Championship Game and if there's any time that they're going to have the players on the field for it, it's going to be for this game.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
The unironic use of transitive victories is the best part.

• Locked thread