Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
The scoreboard of life

I'm dying at that and Butch Jones was my coach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
LSU got snow :3:

https://twitter.com/hscheinukphoto/status/939130699214409728

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MourningView posted:

I’d watch Smokey and whatever the hell the Miss St dog is named play in some snow though, they seem up for it

There was a video years ago of Smokey in the snow. He'd run around and then kind of bunny hop and let out that signature coon dog howl and do it all over again. Doesn't seem to be on youtube anymore which is a shame

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I stopped using Yahoo for anything fantasy related years ago. ESPN is just so much better at it

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/_2ERA_/status/939248215202951168

No no no, it's TWO in the pink, ONE in the stink

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dango Bango posted:

This is patently untrue with fantasy football. ESPN is a pain in the rear end with the way they do roster management.

Maybe I’m just used to it then? I’ve been using it for 3-4 years now and it works fine.

Though I exclusively use the Mobile app and only use the browser when we’re drafting

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

kayakyakr posted:

Is that supposed to be a UT-related hand sign?

Yes, pointer and middle finger are the V, the ring finger and thumb touching is the O and the pinky is the L. They’re holding their hands wrong, should be palm out so you can see ring/thumb.

Yes it’s dumb as hell and the only people I see doing it are coaches

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Dango Bango posted:

My two biggest pet peeves with ESPN's roster management: previous stats/points outside of the prior week aren't readily available and you can't submit waiver claims until the week's scoring is over once a player is locked making the waiver window incredibly small.

Im not sure what you mean by the first thing but i think the second is just league settings stuff. For my league all players unlock at midnight on Tuesday and the waivers pickups go through at 9am Wednesday morning. That’s plenty of time to do whatever

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Crotch Bat posted:

I really want to know how many write-in votes Saban got. Jones won by about 19,000 and I really want Saban to have been the difference.

It was around 2000 votes I read somewhere that I cant find now

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It’s one of those smells that even if you’ve never smelled it you immediately know what it is

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Zack posted:

I don't understand what Northrup Grumman or Bell have to gain by sponsoring bowl games. It's not like the viewers are going to go shopping for helicopters or whatever.

Same reason they made that comic book with Marvel, because ?????

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

lol I think that's Kevin Sherrer, UT's new DC.

it's either him or Evan Gattis

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I shared this with some guys im on a group text with and a bunch of them went to UGA and they're all losing their minds.

awesome

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/UCF_Football/status/948548699319304192

This is amazing

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I love the attitude that UCF would have zero chance against UGA or Bama when they handled Auburn who beat both of the aforementioned teams.

I’m not saying they’d definitely beat them, but pull your head out of your rear end. I’ve never met a group of fans that huff their own farts more than Georgia fans.

(This isn’t directed at anyone specific on this board except for a couple people who probably know who they are, but mostly my irl UGA fans)

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

D.N. Nation posted:

I hope meanwhile, at the SEC Legion of Doom, they're taking into account of how Auburn halfassing the Peach Bowl has cast shadows on the all-SEC natty, and will finally for the first time in recorded human history instruct their officials to call holding occasionally on the Tigers next season. I say make up for lost time and immediately start all Auburn drives half the distance from their own one-foot line until further notice.

Georgia beat Auburn by 21 at a neutral site (with two TDs off the board because of poo poo officiating), UCF beat them by 7. UGA beating UCF by 14 sounds about right to me. This isn't me sniffing my own farts; UGA was pretty great this season. Don't fall into the turn-of-the-century Gonzaga trap where the Zags couldn't just be an awesome mid-major capable of hanging with the big boys, they had to be BETTER THAN ERRRRRRRRYBODY because CINDERELLA RULEZ BABY

Lol sure thing buddy

Also it keeps getting better, they’re having the loving parade

https://twitter.com/UCF_Football/status/948683412952571904

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

vyst posted:

Alabama and Georgia are literally the foundations of his voting base of course Two Scoops is going to be there.

Kendrick Lamar is doing halftime. I hope he goes off script.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

D.N. Nation posted:

I *think* Kendrick's performing outside (brrrrr) in Centennial Olympic Park; the Million Dollar and Redcoat bands will be doing the halftime show inside the stadium.

Re: Auburn Games Point Differential: If UCF wants to go back in time and play a full-strength, give-a-poo poo Auburn in Jordan-Hare in November also, I am all for this. As is, enjoy the lulz we troll u trophy, which will absolutely age well

Well that's dumb. They keep touting it as the first NC halftime show. If it's not in the stadium it's just a concert outside the stadium while the bands perform inside at halftime.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Man I miss SaxMaverick, I bed he'd have something to say here

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I started to get really angry and type up a care post but I'm just gonna leave it at lol gently caress you dude

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’m gonna buy it and wear it next time I’m home. Doubly so if UGA wins. I know a few guys that would lose their poo poo over it

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

R.D. Mangles posted:

this is an incredible spite move and i respect it infinitely

wa27 posted:

"Chicago's Big Time college football team" :perfect:

For anyone who doesn’t know, Northwestern has billboards all over Chicago that say “Chicago’s Big10 football team”

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

poo poo like this is so loving awful. I wish those kids would have named every single “fan” that said that poo poo to them, with pictures of the posts. People like that deserve to be exposed for being such piles of poo poo.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

RumbleFish posted:

So we promoted Bryan McClendon to the OC gig full time. I'm...really not happy about this, and I'm tired of USC always just making internal moves whenever we have a chance to go out and get a difference-maker. I like B-Mac, but he's literally never been an OC before. This is a huge gamble on Muschamp's part and probably a bad one. Yeah, we won the Michigan game, but looked like absolute poo poo offensively for 2.5 quarters of it. But sure, let's be prisoners of the moment and promote this guy.

Well there was also the rumors floating around that Pruitt wanted him on his staff as WR coach. As it stands I'm pretty sure that's the only position that hasn't been filled, though nothing official will be announced until after the NC.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Haha what a bunch of jokers surely it cant mean that!

*googles*

oh.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

I love this, but at least Tennessee was undefeated and won the SEC that year so it isn't quite analogous to the eventual UCF v Bama debate.

Idk I want to think it’s funny because I think the UCF thing is hilarious but this just seems like a “me too!!!” kind of thing

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

vikingstrike posted:

You know Tennessee fans would be giving the same reaction as your Bama and UGA friends. Your posts read like “Tennessee fans wouldn’t do this!” And that’s what I find really funny.

lol no. It has nothing to do with it being 98. If i was I’d point out how Tennessee was undefeated too so it doesn’t matter anyway. Like I said I find the UCF stuff funny. It really does come off as them seeing the attention UCF was getting and latching on. They had 19 years to do this and they do it after UCF does. If anything I’m more bothered by it for UCF’s sake.

But whatever you say buddy.

e: can’t speak for Tennessee fans in general. I’m sure the ones that were convinced Gruden was coming would probably wig out, those guys are idiots. I personally wouldn’t give a poo poo.

e2: I looked at a couple UT boards and don’t see anyone talking about it so it either hasn’t gotten traction yet or no one cares :shrug:

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jan 6, 2018

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This game is stupid and shouldn't be played.

Yeah I'm gonna go to the bar and watch it but I'm not rooting for either team and I hope the stadium collapses. When anything good happens I'm just going to look at my phone in protest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Jerk

• Locked thread