Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

If UCF gets paired against any decent competition in their bowl game they will be ripe for an upset. I'm sure Frost cares a shitload about the team and players but the reality is this next month is about to be a complete living hell for him from preparing for the bowl to the media to finding his NU staff to calling NU recruits to just preparing to uproot his life and move halfway across the country.

If they were put in the CFP Clemson would loving destroy them, even more than if Frost wasn't changing jobs.

Not that it is totally the same, but part of Kirby coming to UGA was that he was going to coach in any playoff/championship games while recruiting and putting together his staff for UGA. He did say it was really hard to manage, but it can be done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA at the rose bowl seems pretty cool, dunno about you guys.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

shyduck posted:

Temple/FIU in some bowl I've never heard of at one of the worst stadiums in the country

https://twitter.com/Temple_FB/status/937439221345812481

You get right the hell out if you dont think that the Bad Boy Mowers Gasparilla Bowl isnt a tier 1 bowl name

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

As someone who has never seen Georgia play this year how does their passing game stack up to a dumpster fire of a secondary? Conversely how does the Georgia defense stack up against the run? I'm not really worried about their secondary so much with Mayfield at the helm.

Run defense is a real strength and I would be willing to say we have a top 5 linebacker corps who are insane at edge to edge running, pass rush is generally solid, but pass defense can be questionable at times.

We can pass when we need to but because we have been able to run on literally everyone (except Auburn round 1) at will, and not to mention that every single one of our running backs would be starters in any team in the country, most of the games we have played have less than 20 passes total. Fromm can extend drives with his arm when called upon, and he has hit some beautiful mid-deep balls when the receivers don't drop them.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

Mecole Hardman learning how to catch passes somewhere midseason has been quite advantageous; he was by far the worst dropsies offender.

and yet he is probably one of the more explosive players when he snags one.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Fromm is good enough to punish a stacked box, I don't think he is gonna stand back there and carve up OU's bad secondary all game though.

Probably not, but worst worst case he can run a bit; not like Mayfield or anything. I think UGA is good enough to win, but also I am conditioned to expect that we are going to get blown out because it is a big game.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Go Dawgs

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Ganking designs is as old as time, but is never a cool thing to do.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

UGA gonna win the next 5 nattys

Kirby gonna hand pick the replacement and make a donation to their “retirement fund”

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Pakled posted:

I read something about how the next Uga's supposed to be from a different, less genetically hosed-up bulldog line, maybe those ones could frolic freely in the snow.

Yeah the owners said that essentially English bulldogs have been bread to the point where they are just meat blobs with nothing but genetic problems, so they want to put more bully breeds in there to get them like they were at the turn of the 1900s: jowley dogs that are like 50-75, lean and a bit of a barrel chest. The new genetic material should help with some of the health problems

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Seems like a pretty strong case of driving while black. Open and shut, good work Officer Smith.

E: Looks like charges dropped: https://georgia.247sports.com/Bolt/Georgia-Bulldogs-Football-Marijuana-charges-dropped-against-UGA-LB-Natrez-Patrick-per-ESPN-112260271

KKKLIP ART fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Dec 14, 2017

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

If RIcht's still coaching at UGA, Patrick is still in jail, along with possibly his parents and the closest Dawg they could find driving a scooter, and the AJC has front page editorials saying that UGA should shut its football program down. One of the benefits of Kirby bringing Saban-esque law enforcement, ahem, relationships to Athens is that these various Sheriff Cletus Q. Racistheauser types have been made to submit. There's a reason why Jimmy Williamson is stepping down.

All I’m saying is you can’t be a championship team without the police department bending the knee

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I have had a friend who doesn’t smoke weed forced to have his car searched because the officer “smelled an odor” and I’ll give you a hint on what he had in common with the UGA players.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Warbird posted:

Legalize weed, make Auburn illegal. Possibly Tennessee as well, but I’m willing to negotiate.

Can you add Florida to the mix because if so you have my vote.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

You know it’s Jorts Florida. Kiffin is too entertaining on Twitter

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

So UGA did a thing and actually changed their student athlete substance policy: http://www.11alive.com/article/sports/ncaaf/a-new-future-for-uga-sports-how-new-rules-could-alter-how-athletics-handles-arrests/85-499574468

Previously, any arrest even if it was dropped in court counted as a violation. Now that has apparently been changed, which it is kinda crazy that a not guilty ruling or charges being dropped was still a violation. Kirby getting his way apparently.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Yeah it is a part of the agreement for the financial aid package. Schools have to agree to that via the NCAA or else they can't offer scholarships, even in recreational states.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

going for it twice on 4th on the same series, kiffin must have balls of steel

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

MourningView posted:

It's Kendall Briles who is making them good though, as much as all the sports media people carrying water for lane are trying to ignore that

I don’t really know about program development but Kiffin is a legit good offensive coach. Bryles probably is too but the offense is all lane.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Kirby Smart has gained control of the Athens police department:

https://twitter.com/Tall_Man26/status/943502480884879361

This was the guy who was accused of forgery. He (allegedly) paid with a counterfeit $100 bill using a fake name. I'd be interested in knowing what happened behind the scenes. Some folks are saying mistaken identity, but who knows.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

That is really funny but would be better used against Saban who is older

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Apparently Baker Mayfield is ill and not doing extra stuff with he team for the next little bit

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I didn’t want UGA to (potentially) win without Baker

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

wrong thread

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I’m glad that young man got some vitamin after an exhausting event.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I would like to take this opportunity to say gently caress the Sooners and gently caress their wagon go dawgs

Oh gently caress auburn too I hope they get boat raced

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Some people don’t understand that some coaches have different priorities and can’t see why a coach would rather be really solid at the college level instead of moving to the NFL like that is seriously the end all be all in the coaching world.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

PICK SIX gently caress YES

e: wrong thread

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/AllaireMatt/status/948017308282294272

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/947996770298155018

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

It looks like they are cuddling :3:

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

MourningView posted:

Didn't richt want someone else and get schottenheimer forced on him by the AD?

Richt wanted Shaw, Riley, some dude from the Panthers, and that good OC from maybe Western Kentucky but was shut down the whole way. It sucks for Richt but worked out for everyone.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Apparently ratings for the rose bowl were pretty crazy

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I’m just stoked that we are in the conversation because I had us in for 9 wins and a SECCG appearance as our ceiling. As long as we can keep it competitive and not totally be embarrassed it’ll all be good.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Nice pre-championship fluff on UGA's Sony Michel and how he grew up/his family:

https://www.facebook.com/CBSSports/videos/10155472158076773/

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

More legit than a 1952 Piggly Wiggly national champion

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

an adult beverage posted:

Pro-tip: don't ever root for Georgia.

I think you’ll find this incorrect

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I don't know what is worse, the last 2 pages of this thread or the fact that it looks like Trump will be at the game.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

That’s a good way to attract an up and coming coach who is on a solid trajectory and show they are seriously financially invested. UCF has like a billion alumni so I’m not to sure that they won’t get that back quickly via fundraising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

This would happen the one year where UGA actually exceeded expectations instead of stepping on its own dick

• Locked thread