Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Yep that's pretty loving bad.

Shame because Coutinho's been great this season but the pressure from Barcelona has been insane. We have to go and buy someone to replace him though - if Lemar's still interested go out and get him and give him half a season to get used to Klopp/the PL (similar to how we got Coutinho and Suarez in the first place). At least with Salah and Firmino banging in the goals we're not losing our top goalscorer this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
i haven’t seen such pressure by a team to get a player since all the illegal approaches liverpool made for vvd in the summer

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

hadji murad posted:

i haven’t seen such pressure by a team to get a player since all the illegal approaches liverpool made for vvd in the summer

Liverpool were bad (though tapping up is something every club does, it's just Southampton got annoyed with us after repeated occurrences), but it wasn't on the level of Barcelona. They've had players giving interviews every week saying Coutinho should go, newspapers putting out reports every day saying deals have been done etc.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
he's not even that good, they should throw that money at griezemann

they're getting both

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Do we know if DeBruyne is dead yet

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

shirts and skins posted:

Do we know if DeBruyne is dead yet

Apparently he’s basically fine.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
This is worth clicking through to read the whole thread
https://twitter.com/JonnyGabriel/status/858970323311632385

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

trem_two posted:

outstanding

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

trem_two posted:

“Joe Kinnear going on a scouting trip to Birmingham and coming away impressed by Shane Ferguson, who was on loan there from Newcastle.”

Fantastic thread

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

trem_two posted:

I can’t breathe

https://twitter.com/JonnyGabriel/status/858975088250695682?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E1

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

Liverpool were bad (though tapping up is something every club does, it's just Southampton got annoyed with us after repeated occurrences), but it wasn't on the level of Barcelona. They've had players giving interviews every week saying Coutinho should go, newspapers putting out reports every day saying deals have been done etc.
They've got form too, they were far worse with Fabregas. Went as far as getting a bunch of their players to force a Barca shirt on him when they presented the Spanish team to the public after winning the World Cup.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Yohan Kebab gets me every time

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

This is really good

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/947554434279792640

Our favorite celebrity ref is not looking good

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained

EvilHawk posted:

Yep that's pretty loving bad.

Shame because Coutinho's been great this season but the pressure from Barcelona has been insane. We have to go and buy someone to replace him though - if Lemar's still interested go out and get him and give him half a season to get used to Klopp/the PL (similar to how we got Coutinho and Suarez in the first place). At least with Salah and Firmino banging in the goals we're not losing our top goalscorer this season.

Wait, what do you think this means?

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

r.y.f.s.o. posted:

Wait, what do you think this means?

Wouldn’t be surprised if there wasn’t some sort of gentleman’s agreement similar to Suarez a couple years back after he wasn’t initially sold.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

sticksy posted:

Wouldn’t be surprised if there wasn’t some sort of gentleman’s agreement similar to Suarez a couple years back after he wasn’t initially sold.

lmao

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

TheBigAristotle posted:

Our favorite celebrity ref is not looking good

Mike Dean has awarded 1 penalty to Arsenal in his last 40 matches and 3 to Arsenal in all 64 matches he has reffed with them. In those 64 matches he has awarded 10 total. Over Mike Deans career he has awarded 207 penalties in 663 matches. Removing the games involving Arsenal Dean averages 1 penalty per every 3 games. For Chelsea, Man City, Utd, and Spurs Dean has awarded 49 penalties for and 37 against over 246 games. The reason why Liverpool is excluded is because Dean has only reffed 3 Liverpool games over his entire career.

Nice meltdown and :qq: more, but Mike Dean...in a statistically significant data set...awards penalties differently in Arsenal games relative to other 'top' teams and teams in general. :shrug:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Mike Dean has awarded 1 penalty to Arsenal in his last 40 matches and 3 to Arsenal in all 64 matches he has reffed with them. In those 64 matches he has awarded 10 total. Over Mike Deans career he has awarded 207 penalties in 663 matches. Removing the games involving Arsenal Dean averages 1 penalty per every 3 games. For Chelsea, Man City, Utd, and Spurs Dean has awarded 49 penalties for and 37 against over 246 games. The reason why Liverpool is excluded is because Dean has only reffed 3 Liverpool games over his entire career.

Nice meltdown and :qq: more, but Mike Dean...in a statistically significant data set...awards penalties differently in Arsenal games relative to other 'top' teams and teams in general. :shrug:

Wrong thread

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Dean has only reffed 3 Liverpool games over his entire career.

*extremely Stav voice* Interesting...

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained

sticksy posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if there wasn’t some sort of gentleman’s agreement similar to Suarez a couple years back after he wasn’t initially sold.

... and you think that this is happening in the January window, and the way we found out was some web dev intern accidentally published a page containing pre-sale information about his new barca jersey?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

*in the Owen Wilson voice*

Wow

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Everyone knows Mike Dean did it to gently caress over Swansea, who he hates more than Arsenal FACT

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015
mike dean is always favourable to my team, therefore he is good.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

TheBigAristotle posted:

*extremely Stav voice* Interesting...

What do you think my voice sounds like?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

TraderStav posted:

A cupcake and a candy bar

Stavbot.github.io

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

TraderStav posted:

Richard from the undatables

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

solanke is not ready

this is not the MDT

Sphyre fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Jan 1, 2018

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Klavan is worth like 50m now.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

I really don't think the Nike webdevs are ITK for fucks sake, they obviously had an article stub prepared that accidentally autoposted at midnight.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Brendan Rodgers posted:

I really don't think the Nike webdevs are ITK for fucks sake, they obviously had an article stub prepared that accidentally autoposted at midnight.

Yeah that’s what I thought. It’d be all over the internet if you let some dipshit graphic designer and his coding pals know before anyone else

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
Suarez really broke a lot of liverpewl supporters didn't it

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

r.y.f.s.o. posted:

Suarez really broke a lot of liverpewl supporters didn't it

Which particular aspect of Suarez? The biting? The racism? The transfer?

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
yes

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
I mean I didn't enjoy it either but the way a lot of us react to any hint of Coutinho leaving is some dog-rescued-from-michael-vick level PTSD

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Liverpool are not a big club, they will never be able to keep someone like coutinho

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

oliwan posted:

Liverpool are not a big club, they will never be able to keep someone like coutinho

Half of this statement is accurate.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

tarbrush posted:

Which particular aspect of Suarez? The biting? The racism? The transfer?

I think he’s pointing to the massive collapse in results that happened after Suarez’s departure despite a pretty respectable shopping spree.

Suarez going through such extreme lengths to force through a transfer depsite being backed by the club and fans throughout his racism dispute also had a huge effect on the fanbase.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
same with Gerrard who they supported assaulting DJs when he tried to move to Chelsea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
The coutinho thing is like liverpool checking their much hotter wife's phone messages and reading something bad into something that a less insecure person would just laugh off. But they don't and make a big deal out of it and the wife ends up getting pissed off and cheating on them anyway. Only it turns out they also were cheating all along and liverpool were right to be insecure.

• Locked thread