Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

RideTheSpiral posted:

he was polishing mangalas head

wellactually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Breath Ray posted:

wellactually

No thats idiot race and greg

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

fridge corn posted:

No thats idiot race and greg

which one is which?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

mackintosh posted:

And where was Pep during all this?

poking mourinho in the eye

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Ryan Taylor to Atletico de Kolkata is a done deal

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Jose posted:

Ryan Taylor to Atletico de Kolkata is a done deal

Rip Taylor you scored a couple dece free kicks then your knees died

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I’ve never seen a worse night of pl fixtures smgdh

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope the hudders do a win today

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

oliwan posted:

I hope the hudders do a win today

I made a thread now https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3843434

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
cool

https://twitter.com/SkySports_Keith/status/940926639936065536

https://twitter.com/CraigHope_DM/status/940924015614550016

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
Rooney's beaten his last two seasons already and is on track for his best year since michael owen taught him how to do headers

did not expect this tbh

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
£300m is a lot of money for a championship club (unless she sacks Rafa (to save their season))

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
wont you stave another day

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

Blue Star Error posted:

£300m is a lot of money for a championship club (unless she sacks Rafa (to save their season))

bring on the championship, it's way more fun

because we actually win games

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

kcer posted:

bring on the championship, it's way more fun

because we actually win games

It was cool and good except for when we almost lost the title to Brighton

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Bring on the championship so I have an excuse not to watch Stoke anymore holy poo poo

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008

Byolante posted:

Bring on the championship so I have an excuse not to watch Stoke anymore holy poo poo

Why would you not watch your team take part in the worlds most competitive league.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

deletebeepbeepbeep posted:

Why would you not watch your team take part in the worlds most competitive league.

They don't show the championship on tv here

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Blue Star Error posted:

He's not getting 300 million or if he is it'll be via loans secured against the club. This is going to be another definitely real group of billionaires who put no money in as seen by the fact they're getting Ashley to front the cash for the January window

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

He's not getting 300 million or if he is it'll be via loans secured against the club. This is going to be another definitely real group of billionaires who put no money in as seen by the fact they're getting Ashley to front the cash for the January window

They’re having him front if and will reimburse once the deal is completed in late January.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Does anyone know why football writers always reference the age of managers in their articles? It's totally irrelevant. I don't need to know that Mourinho is 54, or 34, or 74, or 104.

I don't really get why they do it with players either unless it's because they're either very young or very old (for a footballer). If a player is 27 we don't need to know his age. If a 16 year old comes on and scores, ok that's worth noting. Zlatan scoring 25 goals last season when he was 35, yeah I suppose mentioning his age is appropriate but who gives a gently caress about the age of the dude shouting in the technical area?

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Shrapnig posted:

Does anyone know why football writers always reference the age of managers in their articles? It's totally irrelevant. I don't need to know that Mourinho is 54, or 34, or 74, or 104.

I don't really get why they do it with players either unless it's because they're either very young or very old (for a footballer). If a player is 27 we don't need to know his age. If a 16 year old comes on and scores, ok that's worth noting. Zlatan scoring 25 goals last season when he was 35, yeah I suppose mentioning his age is appropriate but who gives a gently caress about the age of the dude shouting in the technical area?

I think writers like to bring it up to hint that a manager is either cracking up under pressure (because they aren't acting their age) or past it (because they are too old and should therefore be fired).

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Shrapnig posted:

Football writers like to think they're Real Journalists and giving the age of people in newspaper articles is something Real Journalists do.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
"the 54 year old" takes up four more words on the word count

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

vyelkin posted:

Football writers like to think they're Real Journalists and giving the age of people in newspaper articles is something Real Journalists do.

It's pretty much this. Journo 101 is to include the age of the subject in the piece, it almost always affects the interpretation of the article by the reader. "The 54 year old, accused of throwing a custard pie at an opposing player, had this to say:" for example.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm 34

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Stone

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Ninpo posted:

It's pretty much this. Journo 101 is to include the age of the subject in the piece, it almost always affects the interpretation of the article by the reader. "The 54 year old, accused of throwing a custard pie at an opposing player, had this to say:" for example.

It's mostly done to avoid other people calledt John Smith suing the paper for defamation when all their friends read about the terrible stuff Other John Smith has done.

Which makes it doubly amusing that sportswriters do it, as there's literally no possibility of anyone misunderstanding who Jose Mourinho is.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I’m 69 and weigh 420 pounds haha

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

julian assflange posted:

I’m 69 and weigh 420 pounds haha

We even have a forum member who is over 9001 years old!!

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Did GD kill him along with PWM? hosed up if true

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

julian assflange posted:

Did GD kill him along with PWM? hosed up if true

It’s true

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

quote:

The future of manager Rafael Benitez is key to a potential takeover of Newcastle United going through. The club's prospective new owners will pull out of buying the club if he is sacked. (Evening Chronicle)
RIP Newcastle

quote:

Stoke's owners are concerned by the club's recent poor form but they still believe manager Mark Hughes should remain in charge. (Stoke Sentinel)
RIP Stoke

quote:

Swansea midfielder and assistant coach Leon Britton, 35, will take over as boss if Paul Clement is sacked. (Sun)
RIP Swansea

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

except manchester united real sociedad or sunderland lmao

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

vyelkin posted:

except manchester united real sociedad or sunderland lmao

He did them, just not very well.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

i read that more as a pitch to any chinese clubs that want to pay billions of dollars to have a former manchester united manager

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Stoke need to sack Hughes and bring back Pulis

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Byolante posted:

Stoke need to sack Hughes and bring back Pulis

Sack me once, shame on you. Hire and sack me three separate times? Shame on me.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Brony Car posted:

Sack me once, shame on you. Hire and sack me three separate times? Shame on me.

TBF Coates hired Pulis twice. Once the Icelandic takeover group sacked him and once he decided to leave because he didn't want to have a director of football at the club.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Rip mambo

• Locked thread