Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Bape Culture posted:

I hope my friends the chels and Liverpool will jump over Manchester pooshited and make Christmas great this month

That would be excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Shrapnig posted:

I hope your car explodes again.

Joke's on you. He'll buy another one that'll be even faster.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Ewar Woowar posted:

I mean I know it's all going to turn to poo poo (not to the extent where I'll literally be making GBS threads in the stands like) but I'm pretty much booming right now.

It looks like Matip is out for a month. That should tamper the boom quite a bit.

You'll need to be more specific as to how you'll cause the explosion!

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Does "barely in top 4" qualify as a boom for Liverpool now?

Given the usual league finishes since 2009, yes.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Look at these guys. All tough when it's one old Portuguese guy asking them to be civil.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Shrapnig posted:

Does anyone know why football writers always reference the age of managers in their articles? It's totally irrelevant. I don't need to know that Mourinho is 54, or 34, or 74, or 104.

I don't really get why they do it with players either unless it's because they're either very young or very old (for a footballer). If a player is 27 we don't need to know his age. If a 16 year old comes on and scores, ok that's worth noting. Zlatan scoring 25 goals last season when he was 35, yeah I suppose mentioning his age is appropriate but who gives a gently caress about the age of the dude shouting in the technical area?

I think writers like to bring it up to hint that a manager is either cracking up under pressure (because they aren't acting their age) or past it (because they are too old and should therefore be fired).

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Byolante posted:

Stoke need to sack Hughes and bring back Pulis

Sack me once, shame on you. Hire and sack me three separate times? Shame on me.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
This is for you, Evilhawk:

Klopp casts doubt on January defensive signings

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

EvilHawk posted:

I'm not sure why anyone is surprised. Klopp is notorious for not signing anyone in January.

Also the defence has gotten a lot better recently after he made some tactical changes (which is also what I wanted)

NEVER FORGET

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

HJB posted:

drat, it's like he's a good manager or something

I really wish he was managing England.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

tarbrush posted:

Which particular aspect of Suarez? The biting? The racism? The transfer?

I think he’s pointing to the massive collapse in results that happened after Suarez’s departure despite a pretty respectable shopping spree.

Suarez going through such extreme lengths to force through a transfer depsite being backed by the club and fans throughout his racism dispute also had a huge effect on the fanbase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Shoren posted:

gently caress, I hope not. Still gonna be funny when Pep fails to win the Champions League.

He’ll win it all. The world is not funny.

• Locked thread