Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Paul Pogba posted:

I hope - and it's bad to say things like this - but I hope they will get some very important players injured like what happened with us

What a piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

This is glorious, especially the description of Rojo

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

oliwan posted:

I hope the hudders do a win today

I made a thread now https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3843434

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

The problem with this argument is that the last three clubs they've come up against are 16th (Leicester), 52nd (Burnley), and 100 (Bristol City) and they've managed to get two draws and knocked out of a cup from that. Doesn't really matter what City/PSG have spent when they perform poorly against the clubs that they've outspent by up to 1250%.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Anime_Ladies.html posted:

thats about a bad response to my point as anyone could have made. bad results are bad results.

Why are you bringing up City's expenditure when talking about United's bad results then? Have I misunderstood your point?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

you're not arguing in good faith because you know exactly what i was saying

Not really, it looks like you're inexplicably crying about the press being anti-United (they aren't) because they ignore that City has spent more (they don't). Kyle Walker for £50 M was brought up a lot until City started steamrolling or otherwise winning every game. If they started losing it would be brought up a lot more, I promise you. The press love to go on about how much City have spent when they get the chance. Right now the results are keeping that quiet.

Ninpo posted:

I genuinely don't think he expected City to hit the level they have nor do I think he knows how to bring United on another level to compete with that.

To be fair I don't think anyone expected this. It's literally breaking all the records.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

EvilHawk posted:

Gotta spend the money for him if we want him I guess.

Available immediately and pushes one of Lovren or Klavan to the bench which is fine with me.

There were rumors City were in for him again, so Liverpool did have to spend big now to get him.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

I'm the 4th place liverpool who have spent £220m this season.

Liverpool haven't spent £220 M this, or any season.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

hmm robertson 10m
salah 35m
aoc 40m
vvd 75m
keita 60m

that's 220m

Keita's next year though. Also good job arguing in bad faith, including one transfer that's happened this morning, and one that's happening next season as having anything to do with Liverpool's position in the table now.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

you seem upset, like your identity is under attack.

probably shouldn't have spent 60m on a player to arrive in a year if you don't want to count 60m against your spending this year.

I'm not a Liverpool fan, but OK. transfermarkt shows it as an 18/19 transfer so it seems silly to argue that it should count against them right now. They've spent £156m on transfers this season, and almost half of that happened today.

Maybe you know better than a site setup to organize this poo poo though.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

oh so he's part of a PR firm for human rights violations.

Good direction to take from the guy whose last post was

r.y.f.s.o. posted:

lmao, a literal "u mad bro???"

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

sticksy posted:

who's lovely re-reg is he

Huh, registered the same day one of FAROOQ's alts, JOHNSON COCKSLAP, was perma banned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

CyberPingu posted:

Jose Mourinho continues to be butthurt.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42514486

Also lol "Lukaku needs a rest, he's tired but I can't afford to give him a rest"

Yeah run your best striker into the ground...That sounds like a great idea

Great thing to hear if you're one of the other strikers at the club, Martial, Rashford, *checks notes*, Wilson??

• Locked thread